It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Post subject: Re: [D2EA] On the Catwalk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 pm 

Touki gave her an amused look. "Thankfully indeed." He said, his tone dry. He could tease too, even if wasn't quite as gifted at it.

He watched Homura a moment longer, then followed her gaze. "It is said that failure is the best teacher." He was silent for a few moments. "I confess, I do not know what lesson was learned for this garden. 'Do better', maybe?"

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:30 pm 

"Ah, this is true. Hmm."

Homura went silent as she considered the lesson, before chuckling.

"Ah, I've got it. This is to remind them that although they're not quite talented enough to impress a mystical being, they can build a garden to try and make people forget the failure."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 pm 

Touki's lips quirked. "Know your strengths." He intoned.

He sighed. "I do like the garden though. Perhaps the lesson should be that some good can come from failure. I might suggest that we find a pleasant spot to sit, but..." He idly kicked one foot, sending a spray of snow away, "-this strange weather foils that idea."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:58 pm 

"A blanket would resolve that. Or perhaps less snow" Homura looked around "I suspect I won't see this place without snow, unless we are trapped in this city for months. How long have you been in this city, Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 pm 

"A blanket." Touki sighed. "No doubt. Fortune favors the prepared, and I am unprepared." Well, he would resolve to correct that when he returned this evening... Touki rubbed his arms, still wrapped around his chest.

He shrugged. "Some few months. Enough to become familiar with the place." He tilted his head, regarding Homura. "If there is anything regarding the city I can assist you with, please let me know." His tone was polite now, not playful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:59 pm 

"Now you won't make the mistake again. The garden has taught another a lesson" Homura said with a chuckle "so you have seen this place without the snow? Or was it already snowing when you arrived?"

Homura did look thoughtful, before asking "any good sake houses?" with a grin.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:45 pm 

"Indeed I will not." Touki said, clearly amused as he gave Homura a quick bow. "And yes, I have seen it without the snow, many times." He looked skyward, frowning thoughtfully as some snowflakes landed on his upturned face. "I thought I'd seen the last of it. This snowfall is unusual."

He looked back at Homura, brushing a hand across his face. "There is a good sake house, in fact. 'House of the Fortunate Son'. I imagine there's a story to the name, but I don't know it. It's along the main street to the keep, not far."

His eyebrows went up. "Perhaps I could show you sometime?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:17 pm 

"What does the garden look like without snow? Are there many flowers growing, or is it all fields of grass?"

Homura smiled brightly at the offer, and nodded.

"I would love to join you for some good sake Akodo-san. The name sounds like something one would say when they arrive in this city in the middle of winter and discover the Sake House. Maybe that's the story?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:29 pm 

Touki looked around, his eyes going distant as he cast back into memory. "There was a mix." He said. "I would not say fields of grass. Lion gardeners may not have the obsession of the Crane, but it is still kept quite well-ordered. There are zones of grass, and zones of flowers, all carefully arranged."

Touki turned, gesturing with open palm. "Beneath that tree, for instance, was gentle grass." He gestured again. "But then along the fringe there was a row of flowers. There were many different things to experience."

A breath, and then Touki bowed. "Well then, some evening we shall do so. And even if that is not the original story, it will work well enough for our purposes."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 pm 

"Oh, what flowers? Do you know? I could see a row of Wisteria or perhaps some Tulips. Maybe Peonies? Oh kami listen to me, I sound like a Crane" Homura laughed, shaking her head "forgive me Akodo-san, I'm sure the talk of plants must be terribly boring. I guess I have not quite driven my court head away yet."

As they reached the entrance to the garden, Homura looked at Touki.

"There is going to be tougher times ahead. Having something like a sake evening to look forward to is enough to keep the spirits up. Hopefully soon, ne?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:58 pm 

Touki's lips parted a moment, then he shook his head with a smile. "I'm sorry, Ikoma-san, but to my eye, flowers are flowers. I'm afraid I don't remember the colors right now."

He gave her a sidelong glance. "Perhaps I don't have quite the eye for flowers that you do."

With reaching the entrance of the garden, it seemed as though their walk was finished. "Soon, Ikoma-san. I promise. Until then..." He bowed. "It has been a pleasure speaking with you."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:05 pm 

"I'll see if there's any books on flowers in the library. If there are, I'll arrange for them to be sent to your room" Homura gave the man a smile, not making it obvious if she was serious or not.

Homura turned to the man, giving him a deep bow.

"I look forward to sharing some sake with you Akodo-san. Thank you for the walk, it was enjoyable. Fortunes watch over you."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:18 pm 

Touki's eyebrows went up. "From the classified Ikoma files? How intriguing." He murmured.

"And you, Ikoma-san." His gaze lingered on her features a moment longer, almost searchingly, before he turned, striding purposefully to the exit.

(exit!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:42 pm 

Homura watched the man walk away with an amused expression.

Sorry Touki-kun, it'll just be the library in this shiro. Maybe I'll be able to find some games as well...

She began to leave the garden when she heard a loud commotion coming from the main gateways.

What in the world?

Quickly she sprinted in that direction. Duty calls!

/scene