It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voices in the Crowd (D2, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:25 pm 

Sara opened her hands. "Perhaps, but I felt it was better than be stampeded for my mon. Not everyone is as tolerant of my clan's duty as the Lion." She stared straight at her, then slightly to the left of her head.

"You are here to help Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:33 pm 

"I believe those who are desperate to come into the city will need guidance from all, regardless of which mon they wear. However, I will remain near if Shosuro-san wishes, so that she can remain safe in these crowded streets" Homura said with a smile "and hai, I am here to assist. Keeping spirits up in the face of these troubled times, and guiding those who need our help. It is the least I can do."

She took a step back to let a few through, before looking back at Sara again.

"I hope you are well? The journey yesterday was a tough one for many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 pm 

"Oh, arigato Ikoma-san, but I am perfectly fine by myself. I am sure there are some lost souls in desperate need of your guiding hand. Or directions to the library." She smirked slightly as she spoke, strangely without a mask.

"I am fine, now, back in a city. No major injuries, just some bruises and cuts, thankfully. Yourself Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 pm 

That was an amusing rumour wasn't it?

"If any wish guidance to the library, I'm sure I can assist. Knowledge is a great way to better ones skills in many things, whether it be history or even acting."

There was a smile as she gazed at the Scorpion womans attire once again.

"I have kept safe. I suffered no serious injury guiding those to this city. I have trained with the blade, so I can defend myself and others. Still, I am thankful you have made it without serious injury, I would be disappointed if I missed another chance to witness your skills."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:39 pm 

Seitouna, knowing that he can apply some of his skills to easing crowds and the like, helps guide refugees--particularly those of the lower classes, because Tortoise are gonna Tortoise--in and to safety, reminding them that the true Imperial succession to the child of Hantei XXII will prevail and that they should have faith it will be so.

It is effective, and it earns Seitouna 3 Imperialist points.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:16 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
That was an amusing rumour wasn't it?

"If any wish guidance to the library, I'm sure I can assist. Knowledge is a great way to better ones skills in many things, whether it be history or even acting."

There was a smile as she gazed at the Scorpion womans attire once again.

"I have kept safe. I suffered no serious injury guiding those to this city. I have trained with the blade, so I can defend myself and others. Still, I am thankful you have made it without serious injury, I would be disappointed if I missed another chance to witness your skills."

"Hm, true, although acting requires more hands on practice then just reading. There is a lot of reading though." She replied in semi-jest. "Oh? You seem to have my well being in your heart then, Ikoma-san. You are truly a being of Compassion." She batted her eyelids. "Well, if Ikoma-san is interested in my skills, I surely must deliver then."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:46 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Hm, true, although acting requires more hands on practice then just reading. There is a lot of reading though." She replied in semi-jest. "Oh? You seem to have my well being in your heart then, Ikoma-san. You are truly a being of Compassion." She batted her eyelids. "Well, if Ikoma-san is interested in my skills, I surely must deliver then."

"What can I say Shosuro-san, I hold art and beauty close to my heart" there was a subtle wink "acting is a skill I have never attempted before, and the skills of a Scorpion actress are a sight to behold I've been told. I'm sure yours are as well. I believe you were going to be a part of a performance at Winter Court after all?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:01 pm 

Seeing the chaos arrive as her dream had foretold, the nun centers herself before setting into action. Kayou uses her shakujō (seven ring staff) and her height to direct traffic and diffuse conflicts among the new arrivals and the people of the town.

What little food she has with her, she gives to hungry children to try and keep them calm.

She uses stories and quotes from the Tao to calm and inspire, cajole and direct, setting everything on the right path now was vital if order was to be kept later. Embedded within in all, was support for the Empress and the Heir.

OOC: Influence Roll, 4 raises. 5 Imperialist points.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:25 pm 

For his part, the Crane surgeon reported to the aid station where he spent his afternoon treating case after case of frostbite. Working alongside the Lion medics, they painted in microcosm the task set before the Empire; working as precisely as possible, they excised dead flesh so that live flesh might grow.

Thankfully few major amputations were necessary this early in the day, but Koushi knew what awaited in the night, and shuddered to think about tomorrow.

Through it all, the Crane led the corps in his calm, affable demeanor. Far from the stern, icy glare of many samurai to the disaffected, Koushi's kindness warmed just a little of the chill.

Influence roll, 1 raise=Success

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

Last edited by Doji Koushi on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:28 pm 

Touki was not only armed, but armored, doing his best to project authority as a local guard. The sight of the rather tall Lion bushi might not have exactly a calming effect, but so long as it had an ordering effect, well, that was good enough.

But there were just too many people... Touki grit his teeth, something akin to fear rising in him. How many of these people would be left without food, or shelter? How many would be left outside the gates? Compassion was not the greatest of Lion virtues, but loss was a thing that touched Touki deeply, sometimes.

As he worked, he glanced around noticing those nearby performing similar tasks. His dark eyes narrowed at the sight of... that was a monk, wasn't it.

"Monk-san." Touki said, his deep voice pitched to carry over the crowd. "Thank you for your assistance."

------------------------------------------------------

D2LA Influence, court/aware VP spent 1k1, TN 15: 4d10o10k3 14

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:55 pm 

The nun bows to the Lion. "We all must do what we can to aid in unfortunate times, Akodo-sama."

She gestured with her staff to a knot of people who were arguing over a dropped basket of goods. "Perhaps your status might help put an end to that before it becomes violent, Akodo-sama."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:02 pm 

It is not only the basket-bewailers that threatened to become violent, no, but many others near Seitouna. And he wades right into things.

"Hey, now, friends, there's no need for this; there're better things for you than this, neh?"

Something in the tone or the manner or something else makes the words work well (Courtier 36, and results would be the same with Etiquette), and, in a group around the Tortoise, at least, things begin to calm a bit.

"It can't be that bad if a tortoise pokes his head out of his shell, right?"

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:05 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"What can I say Shosuro-san, I hold art and beauty close to my heart" there was a subtle wink "acting is a skill I have never attempted before, and the skills of a Scorpion actress are a sight to behold I've been told. I'm sure yours are as well. I believe you were going to be a part of a performance at Winter Court after all?"

"Hai, it was supposed to happen at the end of the court." At the peak, of course. "My my, it does seem our deserved reputation travels far." She tilted her head. "What about other arts? You mention acting as something you have never attempted before, what about other forms of art?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:11 pm 

Kayou wrote:
The nun bows to the Lion. "We all must do what we can to aid in unfortunate times, Akodo-sama."

She gestured with her staff to a knot of people who were arguing over a dropped basket of goods. "Perhaps your status might help put an end to that before it becomes violent, Akodo-sama."

Touki's expression, already bleak, turned moreso. "Yes. Quite right, Monk-san."

He stepped over, addressing the knot of people. "What seems to be the problem?" He asked sternly. Not waiting for an answer, he pointed authoritatively. "You, clean up this mess. You, help him carry it. When you have arrived at your destination, you may sort this out. If you are unable to do so, a Lion samurai will assist you in resolving this matter." His monotone voice was especially stern as he spoke.

Perhaps that would get them moving.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:16 pm 

Kayou nods at the Lion, keeping half an eye on how he resolved the problem while helping a older woman cross the street among the heavy traffic.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:29 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Hai, it was supposed to happen at the end of the court." At the peak, of course. "My my, it does seem our deserved reputation travels far." She tilted her head. "What about other arts? You mention acting as something you have never attempted before, what about other forms of art?"

"Maybe if we are able to quickly dispatch this threat, you will be able to put on the performance in the near future?" Homura tried to sound optimistic, but she doubted it would happen.

"Well, I do enjoy telling stories perhaps unsurprisingly. I've had many discussions on flowers with the Crane" there was a look at Shosuro about that, knowing that Sara would have suffered with that from the Crane as well "I am always interested in trying new arts though. What about Shosuro-san? Do you partake in arts beyond the stage, or are you a dedicated actress?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"Maybe if we are able to quickly dispatch this threat, you will be able to put on the performance in the near future?" Homura tried to sound optimistic, but she doubted it would happen.

"Well, I do enjoy telling stories perhaps unsurprisingly. I've had many discussions on flowers with the Crane" there was a look at Shosuro about that, knowing that Sara would have suffered with that from the Crane as well "I am always interested in trying new arts though. What about Shosuro-san? Do you partake in arts beyond the stage, or are you a dedicated actress?"

"I am unsure...after this is settled, hopefully we will be able to put it on, but who knows. It might be in bad taste considering the unjust murder of the Son of Heaven." She mulled slightly.

"Ah, flowers. They can be quite wonderful, if one has the patience and time for it." She smirked. "Although I am a dedicated actress, a true actress must possess many, many skills. I dabble in many arts, performing or otherwise. i have been practicing origami lately."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:06 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou nods at the Lion, keeping half an eye on how he resolved the problem while helping a older woman cross the street among the heavy traffic.

In a short time, the matter was sorted out.

Touki moved back to the monk. "Do you not worry for your safety, ma'am? Crowds like this can be dangerous, and terrified people may not respect your order."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:10 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"I am unsure...after this is settled, hopefully we will be able to put it on, but who knows. It might be in bad taste considering the unjust murder of the Son of Heaven." She mulled slightly.

"Ah, flowers. They can be quite wonderful, if one has the patience and time for it." She smirked. "Although I am a dedicated actress, a true actress must possess many, many skills. I dabble in many arts, performing or otherwise. i have been practicing origami lately."

"Sometimes a touch of normality can help distract one from their worries, even for an evening. However you are correct that it's perhaps not time yet for such a thing. I can't imagine anyone would expect a play to be put on while all this is happening, ne?"

Would have to be an idiot to even think that...

There was a chuckle at the flowers comment. "I do rather enjoy looking at the flowers though at least. Origami though? I haven't done that in quite some time, it seemed to be out of favour in the courts I attended. I would enjoy an afternoon of just relaxing with art, but I suspect I may not be blessed with the time to do that for quite some time in the current environment."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:40 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"Sometimes a touch of normality can help distract one from their worries, even for an evening. However you are correct that it's perhaps not time yet for such a thing. I can't imagine anyone would expect a play to be put on while all this is happening, ne?"

Would have to be an idiot to even think that...

There was a chuckle at the flowers comment. "I do rather enjoy looking at the flowers though at least. Origami though? I haven't done that in quite some time, it seemed to be out of favour in the courts I attended. I would enjoy an afternoon of just relaxing with art, but I suspect I may not be blessed with the time to do that for quite some time in the current environment."

"Perhaps, but then I'd rather a different play, than one that was intended for the victim." She sighed, incensed at the though. "Out of favor or in favor merely depends on who is bold enough to start trends, rather then meekly follow." The artiste stated simply. "Hopefully you will find some time in these crazy times."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next