It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, EE] Rally Point (Lions)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:54 am 

With the Daimyo out of sight, Touki relaxed somewhat. Although not entirely; there was still a magistrate present, after all.

Still, enough to cast a glance at each of his fellows; some known, some unknown.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:32 am 

Kōgyoku bowed to Shukei.

"Kitsu-san, I'd humbly ask for your liturgical assistance in harae." She said in quiet voice, but just loud enough for others to hear in case they wanted to join the purification ritual. "I have already performed temizu."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 am 

Shukei watches her daimyo leave... his mind has been wondering about the effects of the SC getting his hands on that mirror, and that could only mean the major destruction of all, that would aide him in bringing more spirits to this realm, and that would mean more warriors to his cause. His gaze was lost until the Matsu called to him with her bow and words.

"Temizu... yes" he concluded while calming back his mind, "You have finished your ritual of cleansing. Is it that Matsu Kōgyoku would like me to purify her using the haraigushi?"

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:43 am 

She nodded. "And suggest a prayer. With the ancestral situation complicated as it is, I'd like to offer the right words and intentions to our forebears." She glanced toward the altar dedicated to Matsu Hitomi. For all her unease from the conversation with Izumi, Kōgyoku kept her faith in spiritual guidance of the Kitsu.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Well, whatever Ikoma-san would like to share, I would be enraptured by it."

Mogami closes her eyes for a moment, raising their corners in a facial smile for the briefest of a heartbeat.

"Generally travel with the armies avoids cities and villages, yes. Though it depends on the tasks of each. Sometimes an army will be set to a city to train for siege warfare, sometimes a wide open plain for cavalry tactics."

She pauses, thinking for a moment.

"There was once a village we were near to resupply our rations. I remember speaking to the peasants there about what their duties as farmers was like."

"Hmm...Oh, I know one. It was a really strange situation that happened at the end of an autumn court this year in fact, during my time in Tsuma. It was a very hot autumn court, enough that even some of the Crane had to reduce the layers down from the traditional eight" there was a slightly mocking look on Homura's face "on the final day of court the honourable Doji Akiko was beginning a quite amusing berating of one of of the Badger courtiers who had dared imply she was having an affair when she suddenly...well...exploded."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 am 

Mogami blinks.

"Exploded?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 am 

"Hai. Like, just burst into flames, right there in the middle of court" Homura had a equally confused look "the guards confirmed no magic had caused it as no ward has been set off. It seems like quite an extreme allergic reaction to something, but I'm not sure I accepted that reasoning. It's a shame, the woman was quite lovely."

Very pretty, very good with her hands...

"It rather overshadowed the court as you can imagine."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 am 

Mogami blinked again. On instinct she reached into her kimono and pulled out a fan, covering her face.

"Like...bang exploded? Poof exploded? What noise did she make? Was anyone else effected?"

The curiosity and amusement in Mogami's voice was covered as best as she could do with her limited courtier training, but to an expert of the courts, it would clearly be audible.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am 

"Not a single other person in that court. There was no sound other the sudden woosh of fire. I had to look away, so bright and intense the flames were. I'm given to understand others on that day also suddenly burst into flames, but whether that is true or not I cannot say" Homura shrugged "that is far beyond any normality for court though as I'm sure you can imagine. The only usual excitement comes when it is time to cross blades, otherwise you have to entertain yourself with the Origami Roses on display."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:29 am 

"Oh, come now Ikoma-san, I am sure you can find PLENTY to amuse yourself with in court."

Her voice takes on a playful, teenage girl tone with the statement.

"Still, how....odd. What happened after? I assume the court was suspended and everyone locked in their rooms?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 am 

There was a knowing smirk.

"Oh, there is plenty of entertainment if one knows where to look. It also depends what Matsu-sama considers entertainment."

Plenty of pretty flowers that are fun to look at and play with at least.

"I consider myself a somewhat decent artist as well. I enjoy telling stories and listening to them, so I can provide the fun where others cannot" there was a wink at that.

"As for that court, we were politely told to vacate the courtroom. It was the final day of court at least, so after a brief investigation we were allowed to leave."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am 

"I have a mind to ask you where to look sometime, Ikoma-san."

Her voice still that of a playful teenage girl and not one of a commander-in-training.

She coughs gently and then returns to her former tone.

"I would love to hear more of your travels and duties in court sometime. Perhaps one evening we could share stories with some good tea."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:10 pm 

"An evening of tea and stories with your delightful company? I cannot imagine a better evening" Homura gave Mogami a sweet smile "I'll have to check my diary and see when suits both of us. Your strategic brilliance may be vital after all, and I would not want to risk the safety of the city."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:20 pm 

"Come now, it isn't MY brilliance, but those of our ancestors passed through to me."

She lowers the fan and her features are that of a stoic Matsu once again, but a hint of red is still in her cheeks.

"Please, let me know Ikoma-san. I am sure we will both have many duties to attend, but there can always be time for learning lessons."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:28 pm 

I wouldn't credit the ancestors right now....

"You are a credit to your family and your ancestors, Matsu-sama" Homura smiled and bowed to the woman "I look forward to spending more time in your wonderful company."

She peered to the two Budoka then back at Mogami.

"After all, you are inspiring more than just the samurai around you, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm 

The two budoka hadn't moved from their positions praying or possibly napping since Mogami had told them to give thanks.

The Matsu looks over to them and nods.

"Hai, My first test truly outside of my Gempukku. Akodo-sama has said if I do well, he will continue with his recommendation for me to eventually take his place as General. And one cannot lead without inspiring all who follow."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:14 pm 

I wouldn't be surprised if they've fallen asleep...

"I see, so they are like a trial to see how you lead?" Homura looked thoughtful "interesting. How has gone so far? A lot of expectation on Matsu-samas shoulders after all.""

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 pm 

"It has certainly had it's challenges. First was the logistics of getting them all that they are required. Outfitting them with proper armor and Han-Kyu was more difficult than you would think. Second, was when my preparation skills were put to the test and the three of us were tasked to survive a month on our own near the Unicorn plains. Third was teaching them to read and write, at least the basics to be able to send or receive battlefield orders via written instruction."

Mogami pauses and gives a look again to the two men.

"Finally, it is a daily task to teach them the lives of a soldier, specifically the art of Kyujutsu, the lessons of Akodo-no-Kami, and what the tenants of bushido are."

"While they are not bound to the same laws as samurai, the heinen can benefit from attempting to live a life higher than their station. It makes them perform better in their duties. Though I must admit, the courts are always interesting when they see me with two peasants in kimonos in toe."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:21 pm 

Homura nodded as she listened.

Now I remember why I dislike tactics. Still, at least you're cute.

"So you acted like their lord, providing them with the tools and skills needed in order to perform their duties, while displaying the tenants of the Lion for them to aspire to in a later life? I can understand the look of confusion, as normally the suggestion of teaching the lesser classes to read or otherwise act like samurai would be considered blasphemous by those in upper society. I would recommend avoiding any of the Imperial families that have taken refuge here at least."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:28 pm 

"I don't presume to tell them to act like a Samurai, they still know their roles. You won't find them speaking in court ever, nor would they dare presume to handle a Samurai's weapon. After all, even the Imperial Families have servants next to them. Compassion, Ikoma-san, tells us it is our duty in life to teach those below us. Plus, I find the fighting efficiency of my budoka to be far greater than even the most elite of Ashigaru. I have given them a taste of what their next life can be should they work hard enough, and they so far seem to not wish to give it up."

She motions to the two large packs the men have on their backs.

"After all, why would they wish to return to sleeping in the mud under the stars when we march with the army instead of inside a warm tent with tatami and blankets to put a barrier between them and the ground?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next