It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 1, EE] Rally Point (Lions)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm 

There was a nod, and Homura then moved away. Conveniently putting herself between Izumi and others, to act as a shield.

"I believe we should focus on the strategy at hand Matsu-sama. Matsu Mogami-sama would benefit from your expertise of this city as well as the surrounding area in order to better plan what she intends to present to Shimizu-dono, and I can think of no other who would be better suited to guide her" Homura smiled at Kōgyoku, hoping the woman would take a hint.

D1 EE courtier on Kōgyoku to get her to leave Izumi/the mirror subject alone. 1k0 from IS1: 9d10o10k4 27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:16 pm 

There was something weird about all the power that the SC wielded, it was not natural. Shukei could not even remember that the Hantei had been a shugenja in his time, so his power could only come from one place, and that was the realm in which the Hantei had been prior to returning to Ningen-Do. Of all the Hantei... he thought to himself.

"From what I can recall." He called to everyone's attention, "The Hantei was not a user of magic, and you have all confirmed that he was more of a courtier. Nonetheless, I would assume that his powers come from the realm in which he was found. The only one that comes to mind, in which one figure of authority could manipulate and control others, would be Toshigoku." The samurai took in the meaning of all that he meant by that and allowed a moment for the information to sink in. "That also means that those returned probably come from this realm. And that means that they have all been fighting for only the Fortunes no how long... and have thus gained a lot of battle experience."

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 pm 

Kōgyoku knew that herself and didn't press the matter, accepting the daimyo's dictum with a bow. She was an authority-obedient Lion regardless of unease.

"I am not a tactician, Ikoma-san, and a field commander only under special circumstances." She then listened attentively to what the other Kitsu had to say about the supernatural powers of the Steel Chrysanthemum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 pm 

Touki stood there, stoic and straight, expression wooden. If someone wanted him to do something, or perhaps even to think something, doubtless he would eventually be told.

Meanwhile, he listened, although he nodded firm acknowledgement to the command to keep the package secret.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:39 am 

"You are more knowledgeable on this area as you have been here longer Matsu-sama" Homura offered, nodding to the other Kitsu as he spoke "and you may not be a tactician, but you are still a woman of great honour and a leader. Something that can inspire others."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm 

"I'll do what my superiors expect of me, Ikoma-san. I have already spoken with Shimizu-san this afternoon. I count on my honour in facing the challenge. If you can find it inspiring and worth following, it's only for the betterment of the Lion, for I have no other considerations in my mind than to serve." Kōgyoku inclined her head, her mind refusing to embrace ambition in any form.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:04 pm 

By Ikomas beard you're annoying.

"As you say Matsu-sama" Homura turned to the others, to see if anyone had anything else to add

(ooc - is this thread wrapped up?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:11 pm 

"I believe I have enough information for my own purposes."

She looks around at everyone again for a moment, considering something, but puts it aside.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:12 pm 

A Lion of Touki's status and skills had little to offer his clan except his sword and his duty. He stood straight and expressionless in his best I'm an invisible statue pose.

He would wait to be dismissed.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 pm 

"Well, unless mina-sama has anything else to add, I suppose we can continue on with our duties?"

And end this pointless discussion...

She looked around at the samurai, her eyes stopping on the two not-samurai that accompanied Mogami for a few moments longer to see how they were reacting to everything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 pm 

The two budoka sat seiza in front of a shrine. Their eyes closed. One may conclude they were sleeping lightly instead of deep in prayer, if they wished to take a nefarious stance.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 pm 

Did they move? Maybe the tactics put them to sleep as much as it almost put me to sleep.

She decided to approach Mogami, smiling at her kin.

"You seem to have a good idea what to do around here Matsu-sama, are you local to this city?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:37 pm 

Keeping one ear pointed toward the meeting in case something new required her attention, Mogami faced Homura.

"I have called Toshi no Omoidoso my home since my Gempukku two years ago, though the past few months I was called back to Morikage Toshi to present a demonstration of Kyujutsu to the Emperor's court."

She looks the woman up and down for a moment, her eyes tracing over her features.

"You were at the court, no? I was not a daily guest, but I believe I saw you around?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 pm 

"Hai, I served as a duelist and courtier for the Lion delegation at the Winter Court of Morikage Toshi" Homura nodded with a smile "I had heard of the Kyujutsu demonstration. I'm not an expert with the bow but I'm comfortable I could pick it up if duty required it. My day to day was of course in the courtroom, which was an honour until the incident."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 pm 

"I can only imagine what it must have been like..."

Her eyes look distant for a moment before she blinks a few times in quick succession.

" I mean, this morning at the Governor's court was so full of people and everyone had something to say. I imagine the Winter Court to be even more so."

Mogami shifts her weight a little, her hips swaying slightly to accentuate her features. She places her hands on them as she speaks.

"Where is home for you, Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 pm 

"Winter Court has a lot less shouting and awkwardly thrown insults to it. The debate was no less heated though" Homura shook her head "that court today felt closer to a Crane version of a barfight. I almost expected to see cups of tea flying around."

She thought a moment before adding "my home is the court I reside in that season. I rarely return to my families home in the Gisei province. I prefer to just travel between courts, with stops at Kyuden Ikoma when my daimyo requires my presence."

Which she always does.

"It's a rewarding life, there is plenty of the empire to see after all."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 pm 

At the mention of thrown teacups, Mogami lets out a short breath, almost a laugh. She recovers however quickly and says

"Quite the life of travel then. You must get to experience so much. Someday, when I take up my fathers position as General, I hope to have the same privilege. Though, moving with an Army is much different than moving through the courts. One needs to appreciate nature a lot more, for example. "

"I would love to hear stories of your exploits. Having only been between here, Morikage Toshi, and the Akodo War College, I am afraid I haven't had much chance to live life like you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 pm 

"Very few find the tales of court interesting. Recapping on what happens usually is an unexciting story, and as an Ikoma only the most interesting stories will do. You would find stories of travel more interesting" Homura looked thoughtful "also travelling with an army would be a very different experience. You wouldn't stop at many small villages on the way I imagine? I Cannot say I have ever marched with an army to know how that would go."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm 

"Well, whatever Ikoma-san would like to share, I would be enraptured by it."

Mogami closes her eyes for a moment, raising their corners in a facial smile for the briefest of a heartbeat.

"Generally travel with the armies avoids cities and villages, yes. Though it depends on the tasks of each. Sometimes an army will be set to a city to train for siege warfare, sometimes a wide open plain for cavalry tactics."

She pauses, thinking for a moment.

"There was once a village we were near to resupply our rations. I remember speaking to the peasants there about what their duties as farmers was like."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 am 

The Kitsu daimyo offers a slight bow to everyone. "If you will excuse me, I must rest. If any pressing matters come to light, please do not hesitate to inform me. I will be staying at the castle."

With that, Izumi departs the temple, leaving the other Lions to converse among themselves.

/exit

NPC by Mindshred

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next