It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Clean-Up Duty [D12, Early Evening]
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 pm 

Wasako rose up from her tumble down the hill with a grunt and frowned deeply once she noticed that her targets had long departed elsewhere. At the very least, she could take solace that she still managed to get rid of them in a non-violent way, even if it wasn't her initial intention when she drew her katana. Perhaps, it was a lesson that she was too hasty in drawing her sword and there were indeed non-violent options. She gave a glance around to see if she was safe before she returned her sword to her saya and walked toward the small camping site.

Those ashigaru did leave a fire, which was another threat on its own. She began to pick up some dirt to smoother the fire, just in case it doesn't catch on some grass and unintentionally start another sort of disaster.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:58 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Hai. It is not easy - but in the end you attract more bears with honey than vinegar - and in this case, I suspect the allegory might directly apply."

Shaking her head, she gestured toward the two horsemen. "Yet the Empire could use a counterbalance to the Lion - it just would be nice if that counterbalance didn't play games with dead bodies. I think they may need some time to learn the... spiritual follies they exhibit."

Shrugging, she resumed her walk toward the town, a little slower. "Still... I appreciate you taking the time to remove those abominable stakes. We will ensure that they are properly burned so their spirits may pass on with no regrets."

Drumming her fingers on the hilt of her blade, she remembered she had sheathed it still bloody, and sighed. That would be a pain to clean later.

"You are unhurt, I hope - there was not much of the enemy left, yet it takes but a single unfortunate strike to lay even a mighty hero low."

She giggles at the antics regarding honey and bear. Then, Horonigai unties the mempo, and nods at the mention of the Unicorn as a balancing force, with a reminder, "They are not entirely in Rokugan from what I heard. So... can't be sure they can be counted on as a force, yet."

At the mention of the cutting down the stakes, she presses her lips and nods, yet doesn't say anything regarding that.

The concludes, potentially making Chihaya less worried. "Un. I am unhurt... physically."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:48 pm 

"That is good."

She sighed. "Injuries of a spiritual sort are harder to diagnose - I pray you will at least spend some time seeing to them, if you can."

Gesturing to the fields. "I know I will spend some time with the priests, after all this. It isn't pretty, nor glorious, this stage of war."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 pm 

The Seppun nods. "Un! I will, as soon as there's some time."

She exhales. "Although, I confess I am feeling refreshed, neh! As if a wound turned into a battlescar."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm 

That brought a smile.

"Hai, though scars are most useful when we learn the lesson of the wound which dealt them to us."

A nod. "So long as you feel you have, then I congratulate you on the recovery."

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:12 pm 

She wiggles her eyes as her ego is massaged. She tries to act humble, ineffectively. "Ja. Thank you, Suzume-san. My sensei always told me I'm a faster learner. Quite a prodigy, he would say."

She nods, but omits the scolding sessions due her behavior.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm 

"Well, I pray you continue to make them proud - I know as a Sensei, there are few greater pleasures than to see your students excel."

She gave an approving nod, and otherwise said no more on the matter, instead pausing at the gate to instruct the guards to send eta to reclaim the heads of the fallen heroes so they might be properly cleansed and then burned - a sendoff fitting for their courage.

Chihaya would need to go over any material reclaimed from the field to see if any personal effects remained.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:54 pm 

With the situation averted, and Batzurig now back with Baatar, Akemi breathed a small sigh of relief. She went back to watching over the others, ensuring no other insanity would happen.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:33 pm 

Mei rode out from the city and into the remains of the siege camp. She wasted no time hunting down the stragglers from the Steel Chrysanthemum's army, neatly killing them with swift, single strikes. After each one, she would make a loud challenge to the wind.

"See what your folly brings you? Death, destruction, and ruin. Only by following the rightful Emperor and his regent, Hantei Tokiyo, can you hope to find peace in this world. Any other path will only bring you torment."

----------
Imperialist, 3 raises. +4 Imperialist Points

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:07 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"It doesn't have to be a person's head, but it helps," Baatar helpfully Unicornsplained. "A piece of wood wrapped in leather can work, also, but it doesn't quite have the same bounce."

"And thanks for your kind thoughts about the, uhh, 'wheel'," the Moto added, though the way he phrased it, it was clear that he didn't have much understanding of what exactly Kodama meant. "But I don't have that much control over what happens after I die. All we can really do is live our lives while we're still alive."

"If you decided to teach it to others, I would suggest starting with the piece of wood." He states, "But we all control our lives, Moto-sama. We're judged for this life when we go to Meido, and it's determined where in the kharmic wheel we will return, or if we go elsewhere. To Yomi, should we have proven ourselves heroes enough."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:38 am 

“It would be nice if things worked like you’re saying, Kodama-san,” Baatar agreed. “So that bad people would be punished and good people rewarded in their next life. But with our own eyes we’ve seen ancestors return from the grave, come to kill their own babies. What kind of wheel of justice works like that?”

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:30 am 

He steps aside from one of the myriad of bodies on the field.

"That's the toughest of questions. Toshigoku was explained to me as a place where if you go there, you're likely stuck. Very few find redemption there. In a way...those who've come from there have a chance to be redeemed, but this former Emperor isn't giving them much of one waging war in such a way."

He looks up to Baatar. "I'm no Shinsei, to know the answer. If I had to guess..."

He's quiet for a few moments, "Something happened here on Nigen-do, to allow it. Mortals are the lever that allows balance. And when we shift...the balance goes out until we correct it."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:40 am 

"You really won't surrender? Fine."

The armoured Crab marched up to the samurai still stiffly holding out her blade toward Maiya and holding her wounded stomach with her other hand. She looked like a wreck.

"Then meet your ancestors." She states loudly, darting past the samurai-ko's blade and cutting the woman down with her own.

She watched the body hit the floor and shook her head.

"This is the folly of the enemy. Too proud to admit to defeat. Too bloodthirsty to consider victory as anything but inevitable. What a waste..." May the Hantei line be strengthened once the Steel Chrysanthemum and his army of crazed killers are scattered ashes once more.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:02 pm 

Kodama wrote:
He steps aside from one of the myriad of bodies on the field.

"That's the toughest of questions. Toshigoku was explained to me as a place where if you go there, you're likely stuck. Very few find redemption there. In a way...those who've come from there have a chance to be redeemed, but this former Emperor isn't giving them much of one waging war in such a way."

He looks up to Baatar. "I'm no Shinsei, to know the answer. If I had to guess..."

He's quiet for a few moments, "Something happened here on Nigen-do, to allow it. Mortals are the lever that allows balance. And when we shift...the balance goes out until we correct it."

"Or the world is fucked, monk, and nothing works like you think. They deserve nothing, not my respect or pity, and I will treat them accordingly," Batzurig chimed in and then ushered his mount onward.

"You're right though, you're no Little Teacher."

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:02 pm 

With prayers and kindness, Yuko does her best to send those badly wounded onto the next stage of their Kharmic journey with compassion.

She sets a good example while doing so.

She frowns, overhearing the Unicorn's ill treatment of the monk.

OOC:Imperialist, 24, 1 point

Personal Effects: Wakazashi, satchel of scrolls and writing equipment

Often accompanied by Ha, her personal scribe

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:34 pm 

Kodama wrote:
"Something happened here on Nigen-do, to allow it. Mortals are the lever that allows balance. And when we shift...the balance goes out until we correct it."

Moto Batzurig wrote:
"Or the world is fucked, monk, and nothing works like you think. They deserve nothing, not my respect or pity, and I will treat them accordingly," Batzurig chimed in and then ushered his mount onward.

"You're right though, you're no Little Teacher."

"Yeah, it doesn't add up," Baatar agreed. "Even by what you're saying, these guys fighting for Steel Flower were bad and deserve whatever they get."

"We can stop kicking their heads around if that's giving you a stomachache, Kodama-san," he said, in an attempt to indulge the monk's sensibilities. "But it's clear that They Had It Coming."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 pm 

Wasako shovelled the dirt with her hands into the firepit the runaway ashigaru constructed and after some time was able to put it out. She dusted her hands and let out a cough as some of it got everywhere. At least she could feel somewhat productive today if only putting someone else's mess. However, the field had easily become one full of death as more and more corpses were being made, whether or not they were deserving of it. That was a mess the eta would have to clean up themselves.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:28 pm 

Grimly, Touki helped to dispatch the spirit army's stragglers. He took no pleasure in the grim task. But he knew his duty and he would do it, as an Akodo, as a Lion, and he fought in the name of the Empress!

He was largely focused on the grim work, but he did sometimes glance about, observing his fellows.

--------------------------------------

(PM if you want to chat)
Clean-up, ken/aware, 1CR, VP Spent 1k1, TN20: 8d10o10k3 24 2 Imperialist points

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm 

All this time, Seitouna has been moving around the field, his jitte finding throats and sliding between ribs. He seems to move with practiced proficiency in the latter case.

At length, though, he finds himself washing his hands and face, looking about at the abbatoir he has helped make. He bows his head, shaking it slightly at the folly and waste of it all.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:07 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Well, I pray you continue to make them proud - I know as a Sensei, there are few greater pleasures than to see your students excel."

She gave an approving nod, and otherwise said no more on the matter, instead pausing at the gate to instruct the guards to send eta to reclaim the heads of the fallen heroes so they might be properly cleansed and then burned - a sendoff fitting for their courage.

Chihaya would need to go over any material reclaimed from the field to see if any personal effects remained.

Horonigai nods to Chihaya's affirmation, and waits until the Lion officers would attend to the Suzume's call.

As soon as the there as acknowledgement for what needed to be done, Horonigai bows and departs.

/Exit (if not stopped)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next