It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:55 pm

Post subject: Re: [D11LE] The After-After Party
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:51 pm 

"No one could." Touki said, giving her a fond smile.

He hesitated a moment, and then nodded. "It did. And it is. I met him, not long ago. He was... quite human, I found."

There was a short pause, his chest rising and falling beneath her head. "Sara-chan..." Touki said softly. "What do you think about all of this?"

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:15 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
"No one could." Touki said, giving her a fond smile.

He hesitated a moment, and then nodded. "It did. And it is. I met him, not long ago. He was... quite human, I found."

There was a short pause, his chest rising and falling beneath her head. "Sara-chan..." Touki said softly. "What do you think about all of this?"

Sara laughed. "Quite human, strangely almost. I have met stranger samurai, for sure." She smiled, then turned to him, her face quizzical. "By all this, what do you mean?" She gestured at his lower body. "I quite like all of this, to be honest."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:36 pm 

Touki chuckled. "Well then, you shall have this, as often as you like." He cleared his throat. "In fact, I quite like this, too." He ran one finger from her shoulder down to her hip, gently teasing.

He sighed. "But no. I meant... the state of the Empire. Now, and lately. I hope the question doesn't bring you down..." He brought a hand up to gently brush across her cheek. "Not on the night of your marvelous directorial debut. But it's been on my mind lately."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:13 pm 

"My play was meant to provide stability and community in a time when the Empire is fractured. Trust me, it has been on my mind." She smiled, though it soon turned bittersweet.

"I dont know. the recent revelations, from Seppun Kato? They are quite interesting...yet another contender to the throne. My worry is the lack of a unified response to the spirit army. At least, from my perspective. I am no military genius after all..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 pm 

Touki studied that bittersweet smile for a moment. And then he leaned forward, gently kissing her forehead, his lips lingering. "It really was amazing, Sara-chan."

He drew back, still holding her. "There is nothing wrong with your perspective; you see the same as me. Disunity..." He stared up at the ceiling. "Was it always like this? When I was a child, I don't remember things seeming quite this bad, for years at a time. It was only... within the last two years that I noticed. Did things change, or did I just not see it before?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:58 pm 

Sara smiled. "Maybe? Sometimes it seems that the Rain of Blood was centuries ago, sometimes like it was yesterday. We did not find out Emperor for a while, and now he's dead. I don't know...maybe this is how things always were, we were just too young to notice?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:22 pm 

Touki gave her a wan smile. "Yes. Just like that. Perhaps childhood was a simpler time." The smile faded. "Or maybe something changed. I don't know. I can't tell."

He sighed, gently stroking her back. "Sometimes I wish things could go back. Sometimes I don't. I suppose it doesn't make a difference how we feel about it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:25 pm 

"Our feelings make a difference for us. We will do our Duty with Sincerity, but that does not mean we do not feel things. Otherwise we wouldn't need art, neh?" She hugged him close. "Go back to simpler times? Like...when your wife was alive?" She glanced up at his face. "Can you tell me a little about her?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:40 pm 

"Yeah." Touki smiled. "You're right."

His eyes closed at the question, his jaw tightening, even as his arm tightened around Sara, just a little, seeking comfort from her closeness. "I can try." Touki said, his voice soft. "But... it's hard to describe someone, at least in the ways that matter."

Touki took a deep breath, his gaze going distant. "She was serious. And quiet. And kind. Mostly, anyway, to all three of those. When we were alone, she could be funny. And loud. And she'd tease me. And then she'd laugh." Touki smiled. "She was a shugenja. I didn't always understand the things she did, and that was okay. She had beautiful eyes..." His own closed again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:00 pm 

Sara smiled forlornly and listened, as she idly caressed him, but merely nodded at his comment about desribing someone, not wanting to interrupt his musing. She smiled though...he was cute as he was recalling.

"It may not seem it, but you are more fortunate than most Tou-kun. Not everyone can have spouse they have so strong feelings about."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:42 pm 

"Maybe..." Touki said, sighing. "But I think it must be rather like losing an arm or a leg. Even after the wound has healed, I still feel the loss. And while I adjust to it, I feel the lack every day. Just as a man with one arm might try to pick something up, and realize that he can't..." Touki swallowed, "Sometimes I wake up, and I reach for the other side of the bed. Even though I know it will be cold, even as I'm doing it. I can't help it."

For a moment, Touki was silent. Then, he tilted his head, regarding Sara. Slowly, he tilted his head, even as his hand cupped her cheek, guiding their lips together for a tender kiss.

He leaned back, cuddling her against him. "I hope that, when your time comes for marriage, that you will find as good a match." He smiled. "Although it might be a challenge. I hope you can put up with a husband who isn't as talented as you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:50 pm 

Sara smiled. "If I were to only want a husband who is at least as talented as I am, then the Empire holds few prospects." She smirked at the joke, but continued stroking his body in gentle thoughts.

"That is certainly a view of it. I have never been in love, so I will trust you Tou-kun." She looked into his own eyes. "It must be hard, but you are strong, Tou-kun. You will move beyond this, I am sure."

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:15 pm 

Touki held her gaze for a while, his olive eyes warm as they met her blue. "Thank you, Sara-chan." For a moment, it seemed that he was about to say more, but instead he tilted his head, giving her another kiss. What he had with her was not what he had with his wife, but he still valued it greatly.

"So," Touki said, grinning, rubbing Sara pleasantly with both hands. "You've had your directorial debut. All the defenders of Nikesake will surely be praising your talents. What comes next for Sara-chan?"