It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Absentee Governor (D11, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:44 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
In the goal of peace, Sara led the Imperial away to a nearby table, guiding her first and sitting opposite of her, gesturing a servant for some tea.

"Seppun-sama, have you had rice today?" She started with idle conversation.

"Un!" She nods with an adamant reply. "Shorura-san has been blessed equally, I hope."

Horonigai tucks her fan back on her obi and places kabuto on the ground. "Ne. Shoruso-san. I confess I am really pleased. A tribute to immortalize our dear hero."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 pm 

"Hai, Inari has blessed me this morning." She smiled in return. "Hai! I will make sure his wife receives a copy of the script."

She smiled, though it was forlorn. "He was a man of many talents. I will pray for his safe journey to Yomi."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 pm 

Moto Batzurig wrote:
Batzurig nodded and then just observed for now.

Akemi gave the man a bow before moving over to where the Scorpion and Imperial went, bowing to both of them.

"My apology for the delay mina-sama. I hope you are both well this day?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:02 pm 

She nods, incredibly managing to withstand the pain. Then replies, "I provided double prayers for him. I never said this to him, but he deserves all the admiration. I hope it helps light his path to Yomi, hai."

She smiles at the sound of the name of his wife. "Chidori-san. How selfish I am, sometimes. Hai. She should receive a copy, and a full presentation."

Moto Akemi wrote:
"My apology for the delay mina-sama. I hope you are both well this day?"

"Un~" She nods again to the Do... Moto?

Horonigai blinks, as it does not compute.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:31 pm 

'' Fuck, whatever...'' Yuichi said to himself, as he untucked his arms from inside of his black and red kimono. The White Oni approached to the place where people debated and bowed.

'' I'm not good with words, it is not my forte, nor i will waste your time with flowery empty and meaningless words.'' Yuichi said, sounding almost pissed about the situation.

'' You all should support the Heavens, and the Heavens had made Hantei XVI return to Ningen-do. That's all.'' He bowed and then returned to his place in order to brood and grumble

[OOC - Rolls]

Influence Courtier/Awareness; Traditionalist; Untrained 2k2 - 5|Failed [TN15]

Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (17), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (3)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:56 pm 

"Moto-san?" Sara asked uncertainly, bowing to Akemi. "Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishou Hikari."

She indicated to a seat. "Seppun-sama, and I just started talking about...a few things." She wasn't sure how much the Imperial wanted to share their conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:59 pm 

Akemi went to speak but was interrupted by a weird oni-masked Scorpion saying to support the man who threw armies at them. She took a moment before speaking.

"Hai, I am Moto Akemi. It's an honour to meet you both. Please accept my apology for the earlier incident, many of my kin are still learning their way around Rokugani etiquette" she bowed again in apology "it's something I have had to learn to understand quickly since my marriage.

Both Sara and Horonigai could see the mons of the Moto and the Asahina on her kimono.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
She greeted the woman with a bow, and a soft statement, "Konnichiwa, Usagi-san. This one is Suzume Chihaya. I hadn't realized any of your clan were in the city."

Kimika smiles politely and bows in return. "I am honored to meet you, Suzume Chihaya-sama. This one is Usagi Kimika, envoy of the esteemed Hare Champion, Usagi Yukana-sama. And quite new to the city. I had been posted to the Lions court at Toshi no Omoidoso for the winter." She lets a sad smile communicate the rest of her recent history.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 pm 

"Ah, is that so?"

She nodded. "I'm glad you made it here safely. I did not see many of those leaving the city, as I aided the guard there."

With a glance around the court, she added, "I am glad to know you are well - those of us who come from the clans of the emperor's chosen do well to watch out for one another. Especially in times like these."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
With a glance around the court, she added, "I am glad to know you are well - those of us who come from the clans of the emperor's chosen do well to watch out for one another. Especially in times like these."

Kimika's voice lowers just a bit, to make sure it doesn't carry beyond Chihaya.

"Hai, Suzume-sama. It is a fond wish, among we of the youngest clan, to be strong partners with our fellow clans of the chosen. We are growing every day and yet are not... appreciated... by many among the older clans. Which is a shame, as we are best able to defend the emperor's lands and people when we work together, ne?" The Hare looks at the other woman attentively.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 pm 

"Hai, that is so."

Chihaya smiled. "Though we must all attend to our own concerns, it is wise to be aware of, and ready to aid, one another. In so much as we are able, at least."

With a faint shrug, she added, "Of course, some of us are drawn by our duties to speak, even in places like this, in regard to the current events. Those able to refrain... well, I leave to them the wise course, whichever they believe that to be."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 am 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
She indicated to a seat. "Seppun-sama, and I just started talking about...a few things." She wasn't sure how much the Imperial wanted to share their conversation.

The Imperial doesn't give any signs of trying to avoid what they were discussing.

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Hai, I am Moto Akemi. It's an honour to meet you both. Please accept my apology for the earlier incident, many of my kin are still learning their way around Rokugani etiquette" she bowed again in apology "it's something I have had to learn to understand quickly since my marriage.

Both Sara and Horonigai could see the mons of the Moto and the Asahina on her kimono.

"Ara, ara. Moto-san. No need to apologize, neh! Just make sure that you have the less tutored in a leash when they come to court. I would appreciate that. I'm sure he would too, in the future. Learning is a troublesome process." She says, using sarcasm not to be rude to the Moto as a whole.

She provides a short bow. "I am Seppun Horonigai. Miharu from the House of the Abdicators. Hajimemashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

The Seppun adds. "I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed Moto-san.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 am 

Kimika seems to silently chuckle, folding her fan and tucking her hands into her sleeves. "The wise course of duty. Hai, as honorable samurai should choose. And unfortunate it is to be awaiting word of that duty, when events seem to call for action." The Hare looks down thoughtfully for a moment, but Chihaya can see more is coming.

"It is not clear how my honored champion shall view the... complications... surrounding succession to the throne. And of course, as her envoy, I must be most conscientious about who I might raise sword -- or fan -- against." When she looks at Chihaya again, Kimika's eyes seem a bit dark. Clearly tired.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:03 am 

Suima entered the court room. She was silent for now, a contrast to the confidence and fiery speeches that marked her entrance the last courts she was present for, her posture tense as she made her way to a quiet spot. She raised her fan as she listened to the initial arguments open.

[Please feel free to approach, let me know via PM]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:17 am 

Usagi Kimika wrote:
Kimika seems to silently chuckle, folding her fan and tucking her hands into her sleeves. "The wise course of duty. Hai, as honorable samurai should choose. And unfortunate it is to be awaiting word of that duty, when events seem to call for action." The Hare looks down thoughtfully for a moment, but Chihaya can see more is coming.

"It is not clear how my honored champion shall view the... complications... surrounding succession to the throne. And of course, as her envoy, I must be most conscientious about who I might raise sword -- or fan -- against." When she looks at Chihaya again, Kimika's eyes seem a bit dark. Clearly tired.

"That is a reasonable course - however, having seen the agents of the Steel Chrysanthemum at work, I do not know how amenable to reason he would be - and of the other two, I am acutely aware of which my lord prefers."

A soft sigh.

"Of course, I could also point out the fate of the Dragonfly, when considering a Lion empress, but that would be, I suspect, somewhat disingenuous."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:39 am 

With the work not yet complete her left arm yet held the addition of the rising sun and the Lion to the tattoo of a forest scene on her left lower wrist. It was important, especially now, as she prepared to take a stage and speak at court for the first time in all of the visits she had made before.

"I do not yet know my mind on who is right and who is right, Mogami-san," she said, holding her arm in her other hand so that she might view the work she had already done. "Yet I shall not stand idle but a moment longer. May, I hope that my words yet offer some help to our Empire if they do nothing more."

Closing her eyes and exhaling slowly she stood neutral once more. Straightening her back, propping up her shoulders, she took the stage when she had the opportunity and addressed the crowd with a voice that did not waver.

"Honored minna-sama, we yet come here to argue who and what is right. For which of the many who would claim to rise with the right of heaven to be our leader," she took a breath.

"May, I have wondered much and the same as you. Who is the right person to lead us into a better tomorrow? Yet I have no answer better than any other who has yet spoken. Yet I find my desire to speak to remind you, all of you, of what threat we face now and after. That if you worry for your loved ones, for those you are sworn to protect, that we need only join our voices together and work in harmony with those we may yet otherwise not. That we might yet honor those heroes who sacrifice outside these walls by doing what we may to see beyond and find a common path forward for the betterment of the Empire."

"May, I ask for you each to look inside of yourselves and think of what it is you hold most dear and know that unity is the path. Support one another, do not let our hearts become separated, that we might yet stand strong against this and all other foes."

"Thank you," she bowed deeply to those present and sequestered herself away within the joined courtiers once more.

Day 11, LA | Absentee Governor: Influence Roll to benefit current Leader in points.: 7d10o10k4 31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:13 am 

"Huh, whatever happened to all our Lion friends?" Moto Baatar wondered, looking around the room as he arrived in court a little late and moved to join the growing Unicorn delegation. "I thought they were eager to hold court."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Huh, whatever happened to all our Lion friends?" Moto Baatar wondered, looking around the room as he arrived in court a little late and moved to join the growing Unicorn delegation. "I thought they were eager to hold court."

"I don't know just a lot of talking to me, is it always like this?" he said.

Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse "Bashiru", Moto Scimitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:41 am 

Miya Mei wrote:
"I would hope so too, there will be much need for unity."

Mei looks down at her mons for a moment and then back to Poemu.

"Trained, Kakita Duelist Academy. And you were trained by my family? How long ago was your gempukku?"

Poemu looked thoughtful a moment. "Ano... I would say it was... four years ago now? Perhaps five? I ended up serving as a minor functionary of the Dragon in Kyuden Miya as my first assignment, so it all somewhat blurs together."

The Agasha gave a soft sigh, smiling. "How I wish I was back in the lands of the Miya right now. I only ever knew peace and calm with your family Miya-sama. Right now, I could use a good deal of both."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:54 am 

Mei nods slightly and gives a faint smile.

"We likely came of age at the same time then. I do miss Kyuden Miya, I have not had a chance to be there in some time. I am a household retainer for the Imperial Advisor, and am mostly at her estate in the Capitol. I do still get to go on rides though. Despite being Kakita trained, I don't think anyone could replace a Miya's fondness of being on the back of a horse."

Carries: Light Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Yumi (on back)
Rides: Ti-Lu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next