It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D9 LA] The play's the thing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 am 

Frowning, Touki nodded. "As you wish, Togashi-sama." He intoned in his usual monotone.

With a bow, he would walk as directed, his expression as wooden as ever.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:22 am 

Once separated from the group by a polite distance. Iko let a tinge of worry cross her face as she spoke softly.

"Are you alright Akodo-san, you don't seem as...invested in the moment as you were back in the dojo?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:30 am 

Touki looked at Iko. He hesitated for a few moments, his lips twisting this was and that, as he considered what to say.

Finally, he cleared his throat. "It is... an inward problem." He said. Well, that was certainly true. "My thoughts trouble me. This war, what we face..." His jaw clenched. "Let it not be said that I will not do my duty. But it is not always as easy as all that, is it?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 am 

He gave a nod to the Tortoise. "Hai. I look forward to practicing the acting lessons I have picked up traveling the empire." He had a smile on his face, and looked almost giddy for the chance to act in an actual play

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:38 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki looked at Iko. He hesitated for a few moments, his lips twisting this was and that, as he considered what to say.

Finally, he cleared his throat. "It is... an inward problem." He said. Well, that was certainly true. "My thoughts trouble me. This war, what we face..." His jaw clenched. "Let it not be said that I will not do my duty. But it is not always as easy as all that, is it?"

Iko had an intimate understanding of what Touki was speaking of.

"What we should do, does not always reconcile with what we must do." She agreed solemnly. "There are more tenets to Bushido than just Duty however, and we all must weigh them ourselves to find our inner balance."

She dips her head in personal shame. "My Compassion has caused conflicts with my Duty that have been hard to reconcile. If your inward problem grows, I would be honored to meditate with you, to help you try and find some peace."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:04 am 

"I tried." Touki said. His voice was even, but a muscle in his jaw twitched. "It didn't work. I can find no peace today."

He took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling noticeably. "But... thank you, Togashi-san. Perhaps I shall take you up on your offer sometime."

For another few moments, his lips pressed together. "This is a conflict between two Duties, though. Even though it is clear which one must prevail, it does trouble me."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:38 pm 

He afforded the Dragon and Lion a glance and then focused back on the rest of the group.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Last edited by Asako Kashiwagi on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:02 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
"I tried." Touki said. His voice was even, but a muscle in his jaw twitched. "It didn't work. I can find no peace today."

He took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling noticeably. "But... thank you, Togashi-san. Perhaps I shall take you up on your offer sometime."

For another few moments, his lips pressed together. "This is a conflict between two Duties, though. Even though it is clear which one must prevail, it does trouble me."

Iko was oblivious to Kashiwagi's scrutiny, as she tried to be there for what she hoped was a new friend.

"Some days are harder than others. Do not give up hope though, there are many around here who will look to your example, be strong for them, and for yourself Akodo-san." The Dragon swordswoman spoke encouragingly.

"If you would speak of it, which is more troubling, the duty that you must complete, or the thought of not completing the other? Perhaps another could stand in your stead?"

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:20 pm 

Touki's lips compressed, and he gave a minute sigh, but he straightened. "Yes. Of course. I am no leader, but at least I know my place as a soldier of the Lion."

Gently, he shook his head. "It is a matter of personal honor. Never mind. It is my burden to bear." He squared his shoulders. He still didn't look happy, or anything approaching it, but, well, that was fairly normal for Touki.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:01 pm 

Sara started moving around, honing on her clanmate.

"Degarashi-san. You're an acerbic shifty individual, who nobody would not trust with their dying cat. I trust you will find your role suitable. You're also the most experienced from the crew, so I would not delve too much on your role. Any questions or comments?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:48 pm 

There were any number of interesting things Degarashi could say in response to Sara's words, depending on how she expected him to react to the bait. Personally he couldn't tell if she was being facetious or genuinely thought poorly of him, though it honestly didn't matter much.

So Degarashi raised his head, caught Sara's eyes with his own, shook his head, and went back to reading.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:28 pm 

"Good then. Tell me what direction you'll be taking the role. Who would you like to practice first?" Sara asked, seemingly not picking up on his mannerism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 am 

After being ignored by the Naga, Yukarin made herself scarce and went back into reading; Playing opposite this Shakanar fellow really would be quite the challenge...

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:07 am 

Degarashi raised an eyebrow and glanced up at Sara. "Mm, Sara-sama is the biggest star in the room, this humble one has scarcely seen a day among an acting troupe. Perhaps she could offer a suggestion where to begin?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:59 pm 

Sara raised her eyebrow. "Well, certainly Bayushi-san." She let out a small sigh. "Be grand. This is stage, subtlety is for cowards. You are everything that Bushido is not. A craven, wicked man who turns to means no proper samurai would use."

She smirked. I am sure you are familiar with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:08 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki's lips compressed, and he gave a minute sigh, but he straightened. "Yes. Of course. I am no leader, but at least I know my place as a soldier of the Lion."

Gently, he shook his head. "It is a matter of personal honor. Never mind. It is my burden to bear." He squared his shoulders. He still didn't look happy, or anything approaching it, but, well, that was fairly normal for Touki.

"Personal burdens are the hardest to bear., but I'm sure you will be up to the task. If the struggle grows, I'll be around." She answers with a slight smile and a dip of her head before heading back to the main room.

Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:31 pm 

He blinked, having realized the tiny crab woman had been speaking to him. "I apologize. I apparently was caught up in reading." He carefully lowered his body down a little, not sitting so high on his tail. Maybe six feet tall all told when coiled low like this. "Would this height work better?"

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:31 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
He blinked, having realized the tiny crab woman had been speaking to him. "I apologize. I apparently was caught up in reading." He carefully lowered his body down a little, not sitting so high on his tail. Maybe six feet tall all told when coiled low like this. "Would this height work better?"

Looking up from where she was standing, Yukarin nodded a bit and held her arm out straight. The script, held in her hand, trembled slightly, "Um... is this going to be high enough for you?"

Being 5'2", Yukarin wasn't short per say. But it meant the script was only just below Shakanar's chest.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:45 am 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara raised her eyebrow. "Well, certainly Bayushi-san." She let out a small sigh. "Be grand. This is stage, subtlety is for cowards. You are everything that Bushido is not. A craven, wicked man who turns to means no proper samurai would use."

She smirked. I am sure you are familiar with that.

Degarashi narrowed his eyes at Sara.

Fluff Acting: 7d10o10k3 43

Then he jumped up, his voice suddenly deep and bellowing, filling the room. "Ie, you and your foolish propriety will be your downfall! Your bushido will not save you! Stand in the light and die before my foul magics!!!!"

Fluff Sleight of Hand: 5d10o10k3 20
Athletics(Throwing): 6d10ro1o10k3 34

Degarashi flung out an arm, and a rope which was tucked into his sleeve flew out and hit Sara with a dull thump.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Personal burdens are the hardest to bear., but I'm sure you will be up to the task. If the struggle grows, I'll be around." She answers with a slight smile and a dip of her head before heading back to the main room.

Touki's expression was stiff and strange, but he gave Iko a slow nod. "Thank you, Togashi-sama." He said, his voice soft but sincere.

He frowned curiously at the sudden demonstration from Degarashi, as well as the thrown rope. "That's the second time I've seen him, and the second time he's thrown something at someone." Touki said to no one in particular, his forehead creased in bemusement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next