It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D9 LA] The play's the thing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:39 pm 

Despite the headache brought on by voices in his head, Touki couldn't help but smile a little bit at Sara's words.

He gave her a quick bow before moving to join Iko and Chen. "Bayushi-sama." He gave the other man a quick bow. "This one is Akodo Touki."

He turned to Iko, grunting acknowledgement.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:37 pm 

Yukarin bowed to the Bayushi as he entered, but focused on Sara's words as she gave her speech; It certainly did line up with what she thought; Had she not helped Degarashi-sama put on his little performance in Toshi no Omoidoso already?

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:50 pm 

"A lovely sentiment, Sara-sama."

Fluff Etiquette: 6d10o10k3 20

Degarashi only barely managed to contain his sarcasm, but contain it he did. "I understand I'm playing some manner of evil warlock? Given the circumstances I find that role.... incomparably fitting."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:31 pm 

He blinked a little as the looked at the casting, looking up at Sara, then back down again. He held his peace a moment. "Apparently I am the hero to your Villain Bayushi-sama.." He gave a precise bow in Degarashi's direction, looking intrigued. He gathered a cup of tea, continuing to study the script as it was laid out. A polite nod in Kashiwagi's direction as he was mentioned the writer of the play.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:35 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko closes her eyes and bobs along with the tune. It wasn't her call on whether it was sufficient for Sara's purpose, but it was technically proficient, if not as flamboyant as the artists Iko normally worked with.

"Quite satisfactory Bayushi-san." Iko speaks softly in an honest appraisal of his performance.

Chen dipped his head with a smile "Thank you Togashi-San, your composition is to be given much of the credit."

Akodo Touki wrote:
Despite the headache brought on by voices in his head, Touki couldn't help but smile a little bit at Sara's words.

He gave her a quick bow before moving to join Iko and Chen. "Bayushi-sama." He gave the other man a quick bow. "This one is Akodo Touki."

He turned to Iko, grunting acknowledgement.

Chen smiled to the stoic Lion "Nice to meet you Akodo-San, no need to be so formal I am certainly not deserving of that much respect Chen-San or Bayushi-san will be fine. What instrument do you play?"

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:03 pm 

Touki grunted, shifting a little, relaxing about 20%; it was something. "Very well. Bayushi-san, then." He gave the other man a nod. "And allow me to compliment you on your playing."

Reaching into his obi, he pulled out a slightly worn, but very well-cared for flute. "This is my instrument." He said. "It was given to me by my father on my tenth birthday, as it was given to him by his."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:33 pm 

Amateurs, always amateurs, Iko thinks to herself as she hands Touki a draft of the sheet music she was working on.

"Perhaps Bayushi-san can play the main undertone of the piece with Akodo-san's flute skills hitting the emotionally shifting rises and falls?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:14 am 

The Tortoise nodded his head at the Shosuro's words. Culture - despite the trying times, refreshing to have a taste of some, he thought, and most pleased to make a contribution to some for once instead of criticizing it into oblivion in a fun little game! He gave a nod to the Asako when it was mentioned that the play was his, took a cup of tea and a small sweet treat for himself, and then picked up the papers to begin looking them over and study them more seriously.

"A lord? Most intriguing," he said after scanning the first page and finding his role - bold and brave most certainly, for he would be playing a role in which all would dread to find a Tortoise in. He flipped over to the next page, picked up his teacup, took a sip, and continued reading with great interest...

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:16 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Amateurs, always amateurs, Iko thinks to herself as she hands Touki a draft of the sheet music she was working on.

"Perhaps Bayushi-san can play the main undertone of the piece with Akodo-san's flute skills hitting the emotionally shifting rises and falls?"

Touki studied the work, his expression bland.

Finally, he nodded. "Sure. Shall we run through it a bit now?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:18 am 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
The Tortoise nodded his head at the Shosuro's words. Culture - despite the trying times, refreshing to have a taste of some, he thought, and most pleased to make a contribution to some for once instead of criticizing it into oblivion in a fun little game! He gave a nod to the Asako when it was mentioned that the play was his, took a cup of tea and a small sweet treat for himself, and then picked up the papers to begin looking them over and study them more seriously.

"A lord? Most intriguing," he said after scanning the first page and finding his role - bold and brave most certainly, for he would be playing a role in which all would dread to find a Tortoise in. He flipped over to the next page, picked up his teacup, took a sip, and continued reading with great interest...

Yukarin glanced over Asakuro's shoulder, "You got some sort of lord? An evil lord, or a good lord?"

Perhaps a bit of a binary questions, but there was rarely ambiguities about such things in the plays Yukarin usually saw.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:47 am 

"Mmm, a good question, Yasuki-san." Asakuro set his teacup back down so that he could thumb through the papers and scan the words on them for some sort of indication.

"... I think just a lord, their administrative skill and method of oversight neither indicated nor the focus of events in what unfolds," he assessed as he flipped through a page, scanned, and then flipped to another page. "I am sure that either Shosuro-san or Asako-sama will indicate how the character should be interpreted when the time comes to discuss that. But I do see here that they are one that is betrayed by an advisor, however."

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:09 am 

He slithered closer to Asakuro and Yukarin, looking over the script "It appears I am the champion of the lord, who the villain frames for murder to attempt to get closer to you...." He was still reading, standing a little further on his tail to give himself some extra height without meaning to, already getting into the script and the character he was to play a bit.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:32 am 

Kashiwagi observed with a stoic visage.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 am 

Degarashi remained otherwise quiet, reading through his proposed role and trying to absorb the proper attitude as conveyed by the lines provided. He seemed almost wholly uninterested in interacting with the other proposed stars.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:49 am 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"Mmm, a good question, Yasuki-san." Asakuro set his teacup back down so that he could thumb through the papers and scan the words on them for some sort of indication.

"... I think just a lord, their administrative skill and method of oversight neither indicated nor the focus of events in what unfolds," he assessed as he flipped through a page, scanned, and then flipped to another page. "I am sure that either Shosuro-san or Asako-sama will indicate how the character should be interpreted when the time comes to discuss that. But I do see here that they are one that is betrayed by an advisor, however."

She kept looking and nodded a bit as he talked, scanning things over herself.

"Ah... your character is my character's cousin. I see, I see. I remember the start of the play had my character talking to their cousin, so that'll be you."

Yukarin gave a little bow of her head, "I look forward to working with you, Kasuga-sama."

Her tone was even, but she couldn't help her wide smile coming back onto her face.
The Shakanar wrote:
He slithered closer to Asakuro and Yukarin, looking over the script "It appears I am the champion of the lord, who the villain frames for murder to attempt to get closer to you...." He was still reading, standing a little further on his tail to give himself some extra height without meaning to, already getting into the script and the character he was to play a bit.

Hearing the voice, she turned and couldn't hide her surprise as the large Naga was suddenly closer.

"Ah! Ahhh... Naga-san."

Was that the right term?

"I... you are the Champion? I-I see. I am supposed to end the play holding your hand. I will not be able to do that if you are so high up I am afraid."

Last edited by Yasuki Yukarin on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 am 

Far to the other side of the building, another was present. He was studying some texts. He had been alerted to what his clan was trying to do, and had been urged by Asako Kashiwagi (read as: instructed) to assist. Fire was not his preferred element, but he had a few talents in this area.

So, he did what he could, including looking into what few texts there were left, in an attempt to help.

Just as he had penned his thoughts, his mind wandered for a moment, and he recalled something in the text he had received about omens. It had referred to... Yes! Oh, that might help a bit more.

He quickly rubbed out what he had previously written, and then wrote out new thoughts. Once he had sanded that, he closed it, and tied it with a ribbon, to walk it out and over to Asako-sama.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:18 am 

"And I you, Yasuki-san," he responded, also smiling slightly before he looked over to the naga. He kept the slight smile on his face, if only to prevent the laughter welling up in him from the sudden surprise.

"Ahh, hello again, Shakanar...-san." Was that right? Was there anyone that could decisively say it was right, or what the right thing was if not that? Nobody ever corrected him there, and though he could not quite recall such language being used with the Nezumi, those creatures were only but so present in so few places whereas now the naga were becoming well-traveled, perhaps if not integrated than at least somewhat accepted of presence in the land, with even a minor clan now existing with strong connection to them, so well... so it goes!

"You are the champion, then? Well, a noble and valiant champion I am sure you will be and I look forward to your performance in the role," he said to the naga. Did naga even know anything about acting, or at least the human concept and nuance thereof? More boldness and braveness coming together!

Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:31 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki studied the work, his expression bland.

Finally, he nodded. "Sure. Shall we run through it a bit now?"

"Sounds like a plan, Akodo-san. Bayushi-san has a handle on his part it seems, it will be good to see how the instruments weave together."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 am 

Touki nodded. It took him a bit of paper shuffling, but he managed to get the sheet music arrayed in front of him. Then, lifting his flute to his lips, he began to play.

It was not clear if it was done intentionally or if it was merely coincidence, but Touki played very similarly to the Bayushi. Perhaps the instruments would be a good match for each other.

Pausing, he lowered his flute, a frown still on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------

D9LA, flute practice: 6d10o10k4 31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:07 am 

Looking between her two performers, Iko smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, I think this will work wonderfully."

Noticing the persistent demeanour of Touki though, set her hackles up.

"Akodo-san, may we share a word, in private to offer you a few notes?" She enquired politely, gesturing to an unoccupied corner of the room.

Description

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next