It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:20 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"Domo arigato, Mantis-san," she bowed. "This one has. She hopes the same is true for you?"

"This one is Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work."

Kayou, nun, Harmonious Work Suddenly something clicked inside Nagiko's head as the nun presented herself.

'' Oh, oh. Hai i have also had rice today thanks for asking, Kayou-san'' She said as she bowed again. Nagiko's expression changed, smiling more behind her fan.

'' Oh, my manners, forgive me, Kayou-san. This one is Nagiko, yoroshiku '' She started fanning herself. '' It is really a honor to meet you. Forgive me for not recognizing you at first glance...'' She bowed, yes, again.

'' Might i ask what brings you here, Kayou-san? Where you present at the late court? '' She asked politely

As she was talking to the famous woman for not recognizing her, she also catch the sight of an Asako entering the court. For some reason, she also felt an urge to go and say hi to him, though she didn't know why.

[OOC - Rolls]

Lore: Heraldry/Int to recognize Kashiwagi - 9|Failed [TN50 - 40]

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:20 pm 

The Kitsu walked among the new arrivals and old inhabitants of the city. Very well did he know the dangers of the spiritual beings and this had been a shock, but not as unexpected as could had been.

He heard those around him, most complaining about the regicide and the state of chaos that this has caused.

"There is a meaning to the spiritual realms and that is to cleanse and clean the spirit of the deceased ones. The heavens are clever so that only after a soul has been relieved of its sins can it return to Ningen-Do." He stated among those nearby that questioned his opinion. "A soul that leaves early is still at fault and out of place and should not had been allowed to return to Ningen-Do. Do we even know which spirit realm they came from?"

-----------------
Courtroom Imperial Influence, Courtier/Awa, TN15: 15 - 1 Success for Imperialist

Carries: Wakizashi, Scroll satchel, bottle of water, flint and tinder, lantern, and knife.
The task of the priest is to save mankind. / Hito wo tasukéru ga shukké no yuku. /

Last edited by Kitsu Shukei on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 pm 

As the debate continued, with almost all those present at the Emperor's Winter Court rallying behind the Empress, Mogami closed her fan and let her eyes wander over the rest of the discussions in the room.

Not long after, her gaze landed upon the Asako hero.

She waited for a moment, and seeing him unoccupied, approached slowly with her two budoka in toe.

"Greetings, Asako-sama"

She bowed low, her budoka nearly doubling over.

"I am Matsu Mogami."

-----
Lore: Heraldry to recognize Kashiwagi: Succeess

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:24 pm 

Kanade wrote:
"My husband, Arashi, is a kobune captain." She left it at that. Hesitating, she poured herself a cup from a second bottle. Kanade narrowed her eyes at the sake, as if looking for something in it.

"This one has few words for today's events. I was born Yasuki. I am no delicate Doji maiden, and being crab I have heard and seen a great many things. Yet,..." The Mantis shuddered a bit inwardly.

She nodded, a stoic silence passing between them.

"...yet these kinds of things usually don't happen out here? To these kinds of people?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:24 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:

"Really?" Touki's eyebrows went up. "The emperor was killed this time."

Slowly, he nodded. "But... I think I take your meaning. How something feels does not necessarily match its impact." His dark eyes were curious as he looked at Ren. Perhaps the last time had been personal for her.

“They killed every man, woman and child in Kyuden Asako...” She replied calmly.

“This feels different... people are discussing this like it is a political shift... that was senseless slaughter.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:25 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"Of course," he replies to the gratitude.

"I located a heimin family to help them, and gave them some coin and food to help support the extra mouths. There was a couple that seemed authentically concerned with caring for the people coming in and I felt they would be up to the task," he replied. "These are difficult times, and all we can do is trust in each other's strength of character and devotion to duty. Without an Emperor on the throne, we are likely to see a great deal of confusion. Something that needs to be resolved rapidly."

"The Empire was in turmoil before this, and will be afterwards, but we must all step up and do our best to make this world a better one when we leave it than when we entered it." She raises her cup in salute.

"And I honestly believe it begins with those like us, we must set an example to those beneath us that bushido is the path to a better society." Iko smiles deprecatingly. "A path that our conversations last Winter helped me see I wasn't living up to well enough."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:26 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
“They killed every man, woman and child in Kyuden Asako...” She replied calmly.

“This feels different... people are discussing this like it is a political shift... that was senseless slaughter.”

"I see..." Touki said. His gaze went distant, expression thoughtful.

Finally, he gave the slightest of shrugs. "What this is remains to be seen. I suspect..." He was silent a moment. "Sometimes things like this don't seem quite real. I worry that tomorrow may be worse than today, for many."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"It is resolved for now," she nodded gently. "At the least, people are resting and preparing for what is to come. Kitsu Izumi-sama's presence was at least calming. A more clear command structure only helps the Lion." She took a breath, then forced a neutral, more calm expression. "It is good fortune that you made it out of the Court. I heard the Court room itself was as an explosion of noise and combat."

"Kitsu Izumi-sama? Now that you mention it I remember her being at the court, although I was a bit surprised to see her."

Can't really forget her though; those eyes are the kind you get lost in.

Then she chuckled and waved a hand.

"I'm made of sterner stuff than the usual court flower Matsu-sama, you've seen that first hand. If you need a better demonstration though, I'm happy to put my talents on display for you again" there was a grin at Tani "maybe we could spar sometime? I'm no war hero or important bloodline, but I can hold my own."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:29 pm 

“If we ourselves do not make it better today... it will indeed be worse.” She replied.

“I’m not convinced this talking does much to make things better... but perhaps a consensus would indeed help us bond together...”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:33 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"The Empire was in turmoil before this, and will be afterwards, but we must all step up and do our best to make this world a better one when we leave it than when we entered it." She raises her cup in salute.

"And I honestly believe it begins with those like us, we must set an example to those beneath us that bushido is the path to a better society." Iko smiles deprecatingly. "A path that our conversations last Winter helped me see I wasn't living up to well enough."

"We all have our own struggles. But Duty calls on us to do what we can. Turbulence is ever present, sometimes just more obviously than other times. But the last thing I wish is for someone among the deceased to sit upon the throne of the empire. We do not even know if these spirits age. Even Hantei-kami eventually made way for his heir. If the emperor never changed then the empire can only become stagnant, and I do not want to see it become a breeding ground for vermin. That would not do."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
Then she chuckled and waved a hand.

"I'm made of sterner stuff than the usual court flower Matsu-sama, you've seen that first hand. If you need a better demonstration though, I'm happy to put my talents on display for you again" there was a grin at Tani "maybe we could spar sometime? I'm no war hero or important bloodline, but I can hold my own."

Ignoring further comment on the Kitsu Daimyo, Tani shrugged her shoulders. "I have seen you fight, hai. You are impressive, certainly, and I do not intend to diminish your skills. Only comment on how off guard that situation must have brought everyone. It is a testament to your skill that you got out of that court chamber and all the way out here."

And then she offered a small smile of her own. "A spar would be lovely. It would be nice to shake some of the rust of Winter off before I have to do so against another live opponent."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:34 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu seemed more thoughtful on that merely a moment before speaking evenly, finger running on the edge of her cup. "I would not have given my views without believing them to be the same as those of my champion and lord. Certainly, there hasn't been time for word to reach the Dragon mountains yet about the events at Morikage Toshi, but we supported the Hantei and sheltered him when he wished it. The future from here is yet murky, but I can say without question that the Dragon support condemnation for the brutal acts perpetrated."

She took a sip of tea and tilted her head a little. "Do you happen to know who would speak for the Scorpion here Shosuro-san? I quite realize that matters are still all in a jumble, but as an actress, I would suppose you are not a spokeswoman for your clan, no?"

"The Dragon have certainly been staunch allies of the Hantei as of late, Agasha-sama." She smiled. "I believe our senior most person would be Shosuro-ue, in this case." She smiled and let out a soft laugh. "Alas, as I like to seem important in my vanity, my role is as a mere performer." There was a slight note of sarcasm on the word mere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
“If we ourselves do not make it better today... it will indeed be worse.” She replied.

“I’m not convinced this talking does much to make things better... but perhaps a consensus would indeed help us bond together...”

His expression neutral, Touki gave a little tilt of his head, half-acknowledgement.

"Perhaps it does some good to speak, and to be heard..." Another glance at Ren. "Do you have a thought as to what might make it better, ma'am? Or do we need to wait and see?"

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
Kayou, nun, Harmonious Work Suddenly something clicked inside Nagiko's head as the nun presented herself.

'' Oh, oh. Hai i have also had rice today thanks for asking, Kayou-san'' She said as she bowed again. Nagiko's expression changed, smiling more behind her fan.

'' Oh, my manners, forgive me, Kayou-san. This one is Nagiko, yoroshiku '' She started fanning herself. '' It is really a honor to meet you. Forgive me for not recognizing you at first glance...'' She bowed, yes, again.

'' Might i ask what brings you here, Kayou-san? Where you present at the late court? '' She asked politely

"Sadly no," she says, the sorrow apparent in her voice. "She was seeking aid from an old friend and had not been invited. The loss of Hantei XXII-dono is a great one and this one truly wishes it could have been prevented."

She stops herself. "But this you know, my apologies. This one is trying to organize her thoughts."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:38 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Greetings, Asako-sama"

She bowed low, her budoka nearly doubling over.

"I am Matsu Mogami."

-----
Lore: Heraldry to recognize Kashiwagi: Succeess

The Phoenix turned to look at her and regarded carefully before using that warm smile he practiced with Chidori, the good one, not the fake please leave me alone you useless pleb. He saved that for minor clanners and ronin.

“Matsu-san, have you had a chance to try the tea?” he offered.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"The Dragon have certainly been staunch allies of the Hantei as of late, Agasha-sama." She smiled. "I believe our senior most person would be Shosuro-ue, in this case." She smiled and let out a soft laugh. "Alas, as I like to seem important in my vanity, my role is as a mere performer." There was a slight note of sarcasm on the word mere.

Poemu shook her head a bit. "Iie, Shosuro-san. In these times-- no, in any time -- there is no such thing as a small role. Even if you are an actress and not a diplomat, you can have no less a role on this stage. On the contrary; how many are stirred by a play that would not listen to a debate in a court? Your lady may have a greater say with the governor in standing, but I believe you could influence far more minds."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:41 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
"We all have our own struggles. But Duty calls on us to do what we can. Turbulence is ever present, sometimes just more obviously than other times. But the last thing I wish is for someone among the deceased to sit upon the throne of the empire. We do not even know if these spirits age. Even Hantei-kami eventually made way for his heir. If the emperor never changed then the empire can only become stagnant, and I do not want to see it become a breeding ground for vermin. That would not do."

Nibbling on a small cake, a little stale as Winter supplies were coming to an end awaiting the resupply of the first thaws, Iko nodded thoughtfully.

"There is much yet to be learned about this...unique situation. I imagine the Phoenix Loremasters might be worth consulting or Ikoma historians, I can't recall a precedent for this sort of thing personally, but my knowledge of history is not as complete as some."

"An eternal Emperor though, I share your trepidation. There would be consistency and constancy, which some may see as positives, but the growth of the Empire would indeed suffer."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:41 pm 

“Better...? In terms of which party has the better claim? I have no thoughts on the matter as of yet... I’m more concerned about the displaced and infirmed... The changes in the circulation of the city’s chi is sure to create a slew of problems...”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
The Phoenix turned to look at her and regarded carefully before using that warm smile he practiced with Chidori, the good one, not the fake please leave me alone you useless pleb. He saved that for minor clanners and ronin.

“Matsu-san, have you had a chance to try the tea?” he offered.

"I have not yet been blessed. As this city was once in the hands of your esteemed cousins, perhaps you have a suggestion?"

Mogami did not return smile, though her eyes did upturn in the slightest hint of warmth.

Her budoka again rose from their deep bow but kept their head, and eyes, locked to their feet.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm 

Norikami listened to others speak. He wasn't about to open his loud mouth in this company unless asked.

He kept his mempo close and fiddled with his pipe, considering going to a window to smoke instead of take part in any of this.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next