It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Soap on, soap off (Day 8 EE)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:58 pm 

Touki nodded acknowledgement of Maiya's kind words.

Turning back to Miwako, Touki frowned, his forehead creasing. "I did not know such a thing was possible. If it is an aspect of water, the Kitsu could perform it?" It was an interesting idea.

After a few moments, he sank back into the water with a sign. "Well, we have few enough priests to perform the rituals. Recent distinctions aside, I am just a simple Lion soldier, doing my duty. Others rate these prayers more than I."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:42 pm 

"I will always be ready to heal you or any others in need, regardless." Miwako assured him.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:54 pm 

"You may wish to let the City Governor know that Isawa-sama. When the fighting begins I imagine she will want to put together some sort of medical facility for the wounded." This was completely a guess, but the Yasuki and Kuni had set up such medical points all along the Carpenter Wall.

"Water though, ne? I have never seen a water spell before."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:02 pm 

"Thank you, Isawa-sama." Touki said, his deep voice rumbling. "I shall pass that along to my superiors, if you don't mind."

When Maiya spoke, Touki smiled, just a little. "I've seen it before. Although this most recent time, I missed everything except the results, being unconscious when it was cast."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 pm 

"Every spell is different." Miwako explained. "With healing spells, the flow of the water kami through the body to the wounds can usually be felt."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:08 am 

"More healers, fewer losses in battle." The taciturn Crab notes quietly.

She has no experience with being healed either, but she has heard that much at least. Mostly the complaints over the lack of such, for healers are unfortunately quite rare, especially those who can do so with the help of the kami.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am 

And the Crab were not known for water magic either.

"As much as I'd like to spare your talents for others Isawa-sama, I hope Amaya-san or I can ask for help if necessary. We would be in your debt."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:30 am 

"Of course." she agreed. "I and others set up a healing area during the conflicts in Toshi no Omoidoso. But, I would like to infuse you with the kami the way I described. That way I can offer at least some aid while you are actually in battle."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:51 am 

"Would that really be okay?" The magical might of the Isawa didn't appear to be at all exaggerated. Miwako was so casual and humble about it too. Like it was second nature to her. Maiya was quite in awe of it.

"Can you cast other spells beside healing Isawa-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:09 am 

"Hai." she nodded. "Most are associated with water, healing perceiving things or moving things about. I do know how to wrap you in fire to burn those you're in battle with. I can ask the air to talk to animals. And, I can ask the earth to protect someone from toxins."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 am 

That is quite and amazing repertoire. Amaya looks at the Phoenix with a little bit of wonder. Every single one is very useful too. Except maybe the animal talking thing, but that is cute instead, so it still counts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 am 

Cupping her cheek, Maiya mulls over all the new information. She had seen Crab shugenja cast jade strike, both in and out of battle, but that was it. She has a sip of her sake while she pondered it. Finally, she speaks up with a little uncertainty.

"Fire to burn enemies sounds useful, as does healing. I am really amazed at what you can do. Is that normal among shugenja, or because your Clan know more spells to teach? Ano, if that isn't a Clan secret or anything. I... I really don't know much about magic. Gomen."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 am 

"Every shugenja family has its own secrets, but most are variations of the same prayers." she answered. "These are things any priest of the kami may be capable of, but most have preferences for one element in particular."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:50 am 

"I see." Did she? Maybe. Either way, she didn't want to focus too much on a topic that was making her cousin and the Akodo quiet.

"Ano, Akodo-sama, you mentioned a battle. What exactly happened and what are the enemy like? The Governor anticipated an attack here would be likely. Please could we hear your thoughts on how to best these returned spirits should they attack?" Maiya asks imploringly. She was very keen to know more about the enemy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 am 

Miwako nodded in agreement, curios of his insights as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 am 

Touki considered this for a while, frowning thoughtfully as he soaked.

"It was at the gates. The archers thinned their numbers as they charged, but there were too many. I was in the group that met them as they approached the gates. Once we'd slain enough of them, the rest were forced to withdraw."

He took a sip of sake, still frowning thoughtfully. "So while they were unusually fierce, they weren't mindless. They still had strategic concerns. Hmmm."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:49 am 

"You and the others mentioned that they seemed familiar?" Miwako had overheard the conversation, but only bits of it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:45 am 

Amaya tries to imagine what fighting such an enemy would be like. It does sound a little bit like an entire army of Berserkers. Which is why she has to ask.

"Did wounds hinder them?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:02 pm 

Maiya lifted her hand, having her own question.

"And how were they equipped?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:05 pm 

Touki suddenly found himself at the center of attention. While it was rather flattering, he also found himself suddenly wishing that he was one of those samurai who could... say... words... good...

"Um." Shifting a little, he turned towards Miwako, he nodded. "Yes. Although we were not sure if they could alter their appearances, or if they really were who they appeared to be." He was silent for a moment. "Although, as some monks have suggested, the touch of Toshigoku has already made it so that they are no longer who they once were, not really."

He turned to Amaya. "Wounds did seem to hinder them, although they were very fierce and tough. It took severe wounds to hinder them, and I was not able to slay one with a single cut from my nodachi."

And finally on to Maiya; his lips quirked just a little as she raised her hand. "They were armed and armored as the typical samurai of low rank. I expect we were fighting the... foot samurai of Toshigoku. If that makes any sense."

He glanced around once more. "My apologies, I am no storyteller. I'm not sure I'm answering your questions well. It was... like fighting samurai, but not. Uncanny." Touki grimaced, shaking his head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next