It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Post subject: [Day 9, Early Evening] A Heroes Return
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:59 pm 

Mogami had heard a few whispers of a party that had left with Kitsu Izumi the previous day and anxiously awaited for their return. Her anxiety was worsed when she heard that 6 had left, but only three returned. She set up a small room inside the Shiro with tea and some light food, waiting to catch any of the members she had heard had left.

Her budoka stood in the hallway, keeping watch for any Lions as well, and would gently and politely stop any that passed by and ask if the wanted to be part of the meeting.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Post subject: Re: [Day 9, Early Evening] A Heroes Return
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:03 pm 

Touki would be one of the ones she would catch, walking by. Or, stalking through the castle might have been a more accurate description.

Now he stood there, waiting, arms crossed, and jaw tightly set. His athletic form seemed full of tension, and his normally stern features seemed to have darkened to a perpetual scowl.

Still, he waited patiently, at least.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:04 pm 

Speaking of said Lion, Matsu Tani made her way in that direction by happenstance. She looked... remarkably relaxed, perhaps the most relaxed she'd looked in days if not years. She wore a simple, conservative black kimono, her hair combed out and allowed to hang loose behind her. As she noticed Mogami, she would bow politely. "Matsu-san. I hope the evening finds you in good health."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:06 pm 

Mogami bows to both and motions to the food and drink

"Well enough, though I have much on my mind between seeing you return and the ongoings of the city. Please, the two of you should enjoy a meal as we talk."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm 

Tani entered the small room, seating herself in a formal Seiza. "There is much still to have on our minds, hai." She nodded. It wasn't quite clearly obvious initially from the angle she entered and bowed in, but Tani now wore a white band on her left arm.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:13 pm 

Ren walked in as the people began speaking, apparently coming from some matter in the city. She bowed and tried not to draw any attention to herself as she was far more interested in hearing what had happened...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:15 pm 

Touki cleared his throat. "Matsu Tani-sama. I have heard your name many times, but I do not believe we have actually met." He bowed respectfully. "This one is Akodo Touki. It is an honor."

His dark eyes flickered to the band on her arm. He said nothing, but it would be impossible to miss the way his expression darkened. Touki straightened, waiting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 pm 

Mogami catches sight of the armband and her heart drops, a sad expression crossing her face for a moment.

She walks over to the table and sits, preparing a bowl for all three of them, and serves them to both Touki and Tani along with tea before serving herself.

"Where shall we begin then? I admit my mind is certainly occupied with the whispers I have heard about Kitsu Izumi-sama and your ordeal, Matsu-sama, thogh I could catch you up on what has happened recently as well..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:28 pm 

"I would go ahead and debrief, if that is alright." Not waiting for permission, she continued.

"Kitsu Izumi-sama requested Samurai to travel to Kyuden Asako to close the portal to Toshigoku. Ikoma Homura-san, Seppun Chiyo-sama, and myself had all been pre-briefed on the matter and were prepared when the call came. Bayushi Setsuna-san and Akodo Kinuko-san," Thank the Kami for good record keeping, "Volunteered yesterday when approached. Together, we mounted horses and made the journey.

"Enemy scouts had discovered us and tried to harry us, but ultimately we all were able to make it through. Once there, we were surrounded by spirits. Thanks to the work of all involved, we were able to push past them and get through. As we pushed through the castle, a second wave surged through the castle after us.

"Akodo Kinuko-san, may her name be forever remembered in the Ikoma Libraries as she is surely Honored in Yomi, did not hesitate to stay behind. She bought us the time we needed to push through. Burn her name in your memories, Mina-sans, for her sacrifice should be honored through history.

"We arrived in the central court chambers, and Izumi-sama began her ritual. A wind threatened to blow us back and disrupt the ritual, but I was able to keep Izumi-sama steady. After, the four of us who remained fought off Spirits who tried to push through the portal."

She took a breath, then continued. "Then that same wind tried to pull us into the portal. Bayushi Setsuna-san and I were able to maintain our balance and keep ahold of Izumi-sama. Seppun Chiyo-sama and Ikoma Homura-san..." she looked down for one moment, then back to the assembled. "We should pray that their souls are able to find peace. For as long as they remain in Toshigoku, I fear they will find none.

"That is the end of the tale, such that it is. The portal in Kyuden Asako is now closed. One of the biggest mistakes of our generation... I dare not say rectified, for nothing we do can undo the damage already done. But we have begun the process of healing the wound that it caused."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:29 pm 

Erina appears haggard as she makes her way back to the survivors.

"It does this one good to see you again Tani-sama. Where is Homura-san?"

Erina's face darkens are she hears the answer. " I wish we had better news for you on this front"

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:33 pm 

Mogami turns away from everyone gathered and bows her head, silent at the news.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:34 pm 

Matsu Erina wrote:
Erina appears haggard as she makes her way back to the survivors.

"It does this one good to see you again Tani-sama. Where is Homura-san?"

Erina's face darkens are she hears the answer. " I wish we had better news for you on this front"

"Ah... Erina-san." Tani tilts her head downward to keep her expression calm. "Apologies, you missed the debriefing. Ikoma Homura-san did not return from the mission to close the portal to Toshigoku. She is... in that blasted realm, I am afraid."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:49 pm 

Touki looked away, his eyes closing. His chest rose and fell as he took a long, deep breath.

When he looked back, his eyes slowly opening, his face was blank. "Well done, Matsu-sama." He said, his voice a dull monotone. "You honor us with your victory." He took a breath. "As we shall honor those who were lost achieving it.

Down at his sides, his hands clenched into fists.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:54 pm 

"Perhaps sake would have been more appropriate than tea"

Mogami says, with her back still facing everyone. Her voice is shaky and has hints of pain in it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:09 pm 

"Sake sounds good. She had so many bottles in her room. Perhaps a toast to her memory."

Erina sighs and looks around the room.

"Mogami-san should tell her own story, but we have dire news from yesterday. When we posted the guards around the Crane Embassy to send a political point, we did so thinking that no one would be so moronically arrogant as to purposefully choose death to make a point of their own. Of course, we forgot this was Crane we were talking about..." Erina grumbles something along the lines of "hypocritical morons" and "HONK:

"A Crane ambassador challenged the guards, who responded as they were tasked and struck her down. A group of Crane took offense and murdered the soldiers, and the leader committed seppuku to attempt to erase the stain on his honor for such a heinous act. To help settle the matter, Matsu Kogokyu-san took the three cuts this morning."

Erina looks wearily over the others. "Did I miss anything?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:12 pm 

Tani might have considered some Matsu-styled comforting for Mogami. But Erina was quick to provide a report of yesterday and this morning's events. And all she could do is sit there and try to control the twitch in her eyes.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:18 pm 

Touki cleared his throat. "There is also the news from this morning. A messenger arrived, sent by Seppun Kato, denouncing both the Steel Chrysanthemum and the Empress." He grimaced. "He slanders her, claiming that her son is a child of adultery, and not a true son of the Heavens."

His chin tilted up. "We have this war to attend to, but I expect another one will follow immediately on its heels."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:23 pm 

Mogami turns back to face those gathered.

"Furthermore, it seems no one but me would speak up about the announcement when it was made. I feel the samurai in Nikesake have no desire for a Lion on the throne, even if as regent for the rightful Crown Prince. I also began hearing many begin to support the Steel Chrysanthemum and now this slandered Seppun Kato."

Mogami takes a sip of tea and a bite of her rice bowl before continuing.

"Finally, yesterday I was assaulted by my dead grandmother, returned by Toshigoku, in the dojo after she was let into the castle to take all of my belongings. She disemboweled me, but I managed to land a killing shot with my bow before I bled out. An Isawa priest tended my wounds luckily, otherwise I would not be standing here today."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:24 pm 

Erina notices the change of expression on Tani's face, picked out from time serving under her.

"That is my feeling entirely Tani-sama. Even in their clear arrogance and being entirely in the, we are constrained by the times to be honorable, even as it costs us dearly. Even then, sentiment among the city guests has begun to turn against us."

Erina turns to Akodo, "Sadly, the only way I see out is through. Seppun Kato can simply peddle slander and stay on the sidelines, conserving his strength to hope that both sides are mutually exhausted and unable to oppose him. The only way I can see to have peace again is to win so decisively that he dare not directly oppose the Empress."

"If I might suggest...perhaps we can lay some new fronts on the go board"

Last edited by Matsu Erina on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:26 pm 

"Interesting times, indeed," Tani muttered gently. "There is little for us to do but wait and see how our own superiors feel. For now, with no other guidance, our path is still the same so far as I am concerned. This is going to get messier before it cleans itself. All we can do in the mean time is fight the battles in front of us, and lend our support where we can.

"As far as the business with the Crane goes," She shook her head. "It sounds as if it has more or less resolved itself. If any with more political means or intentions wishes to try and heal the wound that was dealt between the Crane and the Lion, my name is worth some clout and I am not promised to any Samurai at this time. Regardless of who is at fault for yesterday's misfortunes, we must show that ultimately we have the best intentions for the Empire, and can put aside differences at need."

Her head nodded to Mogami at her explanation of her ordeal yesterday. "I am glad that you are still here, Matsu-san."

Description