It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:20 am 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou nods. "We will do our best to lead a proper path in these dark times."

"But this one wishes to speak to you and your people about two things, as you have time. She wishes to learn more of how you view the world and she wishes to learn from you about your farming techniques."

"I would love to speak with you on this matter. The Hilsilage title actually started in an agrarian ministry roll."

The Hilsilage smiles, and then speaks to be heard.

"In all cases our agriculture seeks harmony, following the path of the natural world and enhancing it for our benefit. As such is it much like the path your Empire should take, excluding the unnatural and driving it from the garden, no matter how strong or implacable it seems."

The Hilsilage is heard in his support for the Imperial Throne.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:32 am 

Kayou stands nearby, indicating her support as the Naga speaks.

Once he is done. "Well said. Hopefully all will listen."

"Back to our earlier discussion, would you be willing to sent one or two of your people to work with this one's Order in Sparrow lands? We would be more than honored to send some of our disciples to visit with your people as well. This one has reason to suspect support from the Piranha clan in such efforts."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:38 am 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Oh?" she leaned away somewhat, to protect her personal space. "Could it not be for the same reasons as you?"

"Quite possibly." Iko agrees. "it just seems more than a coincidence that the timing has happened this way."

The former Crane shrugs. "Maybe I'm reading too much into it." As she reaches to refill her water.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya lowers her voice and says, simply, "Short version, the Lion locked Crane into their embassy, ambassador attempted to leave and was cut down from behind. After that, a short melee ensued."

She made an 'ah' motion of her lips. "A clan dispute then, which has led to... what such things often lead to, which may escalate further in the face of a war at our doorstep." A shake of her head and she glanced at the Suzume. "It is not my place to speak of such things..."

But oh, her eyes spoke volumes. None of them good.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:46 am 

Nagiko which was in the room, but had not engaged in the political discourse up until now decided to speak.

Tetsuko's intervention moved Nagiko into doing that herself as well...

'' Indeed, what our estemeed member of the Crane clan has said here is what i have been thinking. There's much that we, simple ningen, do not understand from what it is happening on the Heavens and on the Spiritual Realms.'' Nagiko said.

'' From what i understand, though i'm no expert of the subject, there's some sort of unbalance in the Spiritual Realms as now. People that are gifted with the ability to speak with the kami can feel that the Spiritual Realms are not what they used to be...'' She continues.

'' Maybe the return of Hantei XVI-heika is an intervention from the Tengoku, maybe it is not. There's much to be known and once again i advice patience in order to better undertand what is truly happening before our eyes...''

and with that she returns to her spot.

[OOC - Rolls]

Traditionalist Support Courtier/Awareness; +0k1 Benten's, +1k1 VP; 3CR - 60|Pass [TN30, 1 VP, 3 CR]

+4 traditionalist points

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:59 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Quite possibly." Iko agrees. "it just seems more than a coincidence that the timing has happened this way."

The former Crane shrugs. "Maybe I'm reading too much into it." As she reaches to refill her water.

"Perhaps your words persuaded others to similar thoughts," she offered, but Tsukimi wasn't sure herself. Today was such a strange day, maybe she had stumbled into a different realm herself, like that Yogo Daisuke had rambled about.

"Or it is a day for entertaining possibilities, or as you said, consider other views."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:06 am 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou stands nearby, indicating her support as the Naga speaks.

Once he is done. "Well said. Hopefully all will listen."

"Back to our earlier discussion, would you be willing to sent one or two of your people to work with this one's Order in Sparrow lands? We would be more than honored to send some of our disciples to visit with your people as well. This one has reason to suspect support from the Piranha clan in such efforts."

"I would be happy to look into it. I have endeavored long to find those among my people who would go forth and help our allies. I am afraid we are not as numerous as I would like."

The Hilsilage ponders.

"I think enlisting the Shakanar to help us would be wise."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 am 

Seitouna finds he has more to write.
Quote:
While one of the Naga affirmed more support for the child of Hantei XXII, late and lamented, it came as no surprise that a self-proclaimed non-expert spoke in favor of the returned, the kin-slayer. One wonders at who gladly hears such words as come from a source that proclaims its own inadequacy.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:48 am 

Seeing as proceedings were drawing to a close soon, Wasako thought it was perhaps best to speak up than to regret it later. It had been a concerning day, especially with a good swing toward the Traditionalist. Perhaps many just merely lined up their opinions with the doubt of the Crane? It seemed like the Crane were rather receptive of the Steel Chrysanthemum from her perspective. She gave a nod to Touki and Kitamaru to excuse herself for a moment.

"Minasan!...I too am a simple bushi! However, I have seen much in the last few days and it seems very obvious to me that the Steel Chrysanthemum's intentions are not fully benevolent!" She called out. "A green leaf that turns red is not a change for the better, no?"

She was met with bemused stares and fanned glances. It seemed she had their attention and her job was done, she bowed politely and retreated back.

Better, I think I'm getting better at this.

Day 8, Courtier/Awareness at TN15: Void used for Imperialist: 3d10 6

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

Last edited by Mirumoto Wasako on Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:49 am 

as the crane gave her speech his eyes narrowed for a second before he corrected his expression to one of neutrality.it seems the list of people to keep an eye on grows. curse lion pride he thought to himself with a small exasperated sigh.

Togashi Iko wrote:

then he had a thought and took a drink "You know I can't remember who it was but I had heard theories that the constant exposure to those from Toshigoku could be influencing people in this world. I'm no expert in the matters of spirit but its an interesting thing to think about in these troubling times."

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:08 am 

~ no more influence rolls past this point ~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 am 

The Hilsilage wrote:
"I would be happy to look into it. I have endeavored long to find those among my people who would go forth and help our allies. I am afraid we are not as numerous as I would like."

The Hilsilage ponders.

"I think enlisting the Shakanar to help us would be wise."

"As you think best, The Hilsilage," says Kayou. "This one spoke with The Saravya back in Toshi no Omoidoso and was very intrigued to learn more of the Akasha. This one thinks it could be a path alongside out Tao, something to help bridge how we understand each other."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:22 am 

The Hilsilage purses his lips in thought.

"I am afraid I do not understand the Tao, but I would certainly like to help as I am able. I hope the Sarayva is well..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:28 am 

"This one hopes so as well," says Kayou. "Perhaps, if she is free, she might be able to join us in the future."

"This one would be happy to speak of the Tao as you have time."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:29 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
as the crane gave her speech his eyes narrowed for a second before he corrected his expression to one of neutrality.it seems the list of people to keep an eye on grows. curse lion pride he thought to himself with a small exasperated sigh.

then he had a thought and took a drink "You know I can't remember who it was but I had heard theories that the constant exposure to those from Toshigoku could be influencing people in this world. I'm no expert in the matters of spirit but its an interesting thing to think about in these troubling times."

"I wish I knew who shared such with you, Bayushi-sama," she smiled a little. "I've heard others say it too, but it was complete news to me..."

She was interested in knowing who had said it, so she could hopefully learn if it was from someone who knew a lot about the realms, or not.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:35 am 

Kodama wrote:
A shake of his head, "Apologies. We rarely, if ever, share our names from before we joined the Brotherhood. Do you know what order she might have joined? Where she joined? What she looks like? When she joined?"

"She's a tall woman, with broad shoulders and hips, very beautiful, about seventeen summers now," Baatar recalled. "She would've had long black hair...um, though maybe not as a monk any more. She would've joined in Asakostan last year. I'm not sure what order - I'm afraid I don't know the difference between them, I only know she became a monk."

"Perhaps it was a foolish thought," the young Unicorn said mournfully. "I doubt she would care to remember me. Thanks anyway."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:04 am 

He shook his head, "Sadly, I've not made it so far as Phoenix lands, which I'm told are full of shrines and temples she could be serving at."

He is about to turn aside when a thought strikes, "The keepers of the shrine here remember the ancestors of the Phoenix however. It's possible they could send word, or may even know if knowledge of her doing so has spread to here."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 am 

Kodama wrote:
"The keepers of the shrine here remember the ancestors of the Phoenix however. It's possible they could send word, or may even know if knowledge of her doing so has spread to here."

"Huh, okay," the young Unicorn said thoughtfully. "Good idea. I may try asking there. Who do you think I should talk to?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 am 

He advises of the monk he met. "Be careful. I do not wish to speak ill of a fellow monk, but he is quite a proud man. He does respect those honoring their ancestors however."

(ooc: I don't think the good GM ever gave his name.)

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12