It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:10 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
"I do not pretend to have all the answers to all of the issues but I do know that the monster that calls to these gates cannot sit that throne again. He has proven that much already."

Horonigai nods. "Ne, I appreciate your thoughts Bayushi-san. Allow me to show agreement on some of the things we share, as token of good will. The threat ahead: the spirits. We must put an end to their rage."

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
""If you drink poison, don't forget to lick the bowl."" To punctuate the quote, she drained the remaining water in her cup and placed it aside.

The Seppun gives Tsukimi a curious look, not fully getting the quotes and charades. She would question the Dragon later, if Fortunes permit. In any case, she also drinks the cup in full, laying it on the table.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:00 am 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
Akodo Touki wrote:
The corners of Touki's lips quirked up, just a little. "Rarely can we choose the blows that fate deals to us. Although in truth, if I had a list to choose from, I don't know if that would make it easier, or harder."

"Some cannot see the blow", Kitamaru contended. "Others don't understand they have choice, too many feathers in their vision."

Wasako narrowed her eyes and tilted her head a little. "I guess not seeing the blow would make it difficult to dodge or parry it. You do bring an interesting point, Shosuro-san, headgear with too many feathers might not be advisable when managing your destiny. Is that the point?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:28 am 

Mari wrote:
You ... are adorable. Can I bottle you and sell you as a sugar substitute, because you're priceless?

She smirked over at the woman and bowed her head a little, inclining it so that they could speak in lower tones and not interrupt others. "You are far too kind to a humble wolf, -sama. Thank you for that... but I meant only that yours is the world of court, and mine the open road. I have only a minimal experience with your world, just as I imagine you have only a little with mine."

She gave her a tiny wink. "That said, I would not say no to another conversation in the future, if -sama has the time and we are not in a fight for our lives."

"I always can find time to speak, or will try." Poemu nodded with a smile that turned to a more thoughtful frown. "Though I do imagine that there will be much fight, and flight."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:47 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I always can find time to speak, or will try." Poemu nodded with a smile that turned to a more thoughtful frown. "Though I do imagine that there will be much fight, and flight."

"Then I will have to take advantage of that hospitality one day, Agasha-sama. When we are not so surrounded by such talk." It was difficult to speak freely in the courts, after all. There were always nerves, and she couldn't deal with being constantly on edge. "And you are not wrong. I... will not be feeding refugees forever, will I?" Like it or not, hired or not, she was stuck on one side of this fight after all.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 am 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako narrowed her eyes and tilted her head a little. "I guess not seeing the blow would make it difficult to dodge or parry it. You do bring an interesting point, Shosuro-san, headgear with too many feathers might not be advisable when managing your destiny. Is that the point?"

Kitamaru bowed polited.

"Why yes, Mirumoto-san."

It was calm enough.

The Shosuro waited to see if Akodo Touki had nothing to say.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:10 am 

Mari wrote:
"Then I will have to take advantage of that hospitality one day, Agasha-sama. When we are not so surrounded by such talk." It was difficult to speak freely in the courts, after all. There were always nerves, and she couldn't deal with being constantly on edge. "And you are not wrong. I... will not be feeding refugees forever, will I?" Like it or not, hired or not, she was stuck on one side of this fight after all.

"There always those that need refugee, but no, I don't imagine that you'll be in this state too much longer. Sooner or later, someone will act decisively, for good or I'll." She sighed softly.

"I will pray it is the former. That'd certainly make for a more pleasant conversation."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:28 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"There always those that need refugee, but no, I don't imagine that you'll be in this state too much longer. Sooner or later, someone will act decisively, for good or I'll." She sighed softly.

"I will pray it is the former. That'd certainly make for a more pleasant conversation."

"What will be will be. I am prepared for what comes," she said with a smile to herself and a definitive sort of certainty to her tone. "But I confess that I would prefer, given a choice to have another conversation with a pleasant person such as yourself. I think I prefer that to the alternative."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 pm 

A nod and a smile. "Yes indeed."

Poemu finished her tea and stood to bow. "And I will look for it. I think I've had enough court for one day. You may finish the tea for me if you wish Mari-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:25 pm 

Horonigai bows to those assembled, excusing herself for leaving early while others stay to further discuss the matter, "Osakini, forgive my rudeness, ne!"

She also provides a bow with a rather informal goodbye in hopes to see them again, perhaps in a friendly environment. "Mataneh! Thank you very much for the time shared."

The Seppun lifts herself up and scoots up to the exit. She gives Poemu a nod and departs if not called.

/Exit if not stopped

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:30 pm 

Seitouna finds he has yet more to write.
Quote:
I did notice that the conversation surrounding the Miharu grew somewhat heated. It was hard not to do so, for who could fail to regard a member of the Imperial Bodyguard? And when she left abruptly--almost as if in concert with Agasha-sama, to whom she looked--who could not take something of a message therefrom, as well?

For if the Imperial Bodyguard was absent, and one trained by the Shisha, as well, who had been there, what can be made of the ongoing discussion after?

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:46 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
Kitamaru bowed polited.

"Why yes, Mirumoto-san."

It was calm enough.

The Shosuro waited to see if Akodo Touki had nothing to say.

Touki cleared his throat, frowning. "Well. We in the Lion shall do our best to protect our guests from any further blows, seen or unseen. Vision obscured by feathers, or clear."

He bowed. "And with Shosuro-san's assistance, of course."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
A nod and a smile. "Yes indeed."

Poemu finished her tea and stood to bow. "And I will look for it. I think I've had enough court for one day. You may finish the tea for me if you wish Mari-san."

She rose and returned the bow. "It has been a pleasure, Agasha-sama. I look forward to speaking again," she said as the woman took her leave. She would settle back down a moment later and take another sip from the tea, glancing around to see who was still here.

...at least that other conversation wasn't quite so heated anymore. Maybe she'd consider a departure herself soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki cleared his throat, frowning. "Well. We in the Lion shall do our best to protect our guests from any further blows, seen or unseen. Vision obscured by feathers, or clear."

He bowed. "And with Shosuro-san's assistance, of course."

Kitamaru came to the slow but certain conclusion that Touki was not quite a courtier, and likely had as much say in clan policy as he did himself.

Unfortunate.

"Akodo-san, thank you. Perhaps we could work together more. With certain issues having come to pass, and certain feathers have been ruffled, there are those of a spiritual nature who believe it is the influence of the fell realm that has given us our most recent enemy that might make blood run the streets before they even arrive."

He'd worked on that, really. It was going to be said to a Lion, it was still too wordy.

A shame the Dragon likely would not understand a word of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:04 pm 

Had the Togashi Method of Obfuscation worked that effectively?

"Very well... Fortunes keep you safe, Seppun-sama," Tsukimi bowed to the Imperial maiden as she departed.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:30 pm 

As the individuals left the Hilsilage is able to make his way into the crowded library space. He coils as best he can to listen to the remaining debate.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:32 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
"Akodo-san, thank you. Perhaps we could work together more. With certain issues having come to pass, and certain feathers have been ruffled, there are those of a spiritual nature who believe it is the influence of the fell realm that has given us our most recent enemy that might make blood run the streets before they even arrive."

Touki grimaced. "I had not heard such." He considered for a few moments, his brow gently furrowed. "It is something we shall have to be on-guard against, then. The Lion do not desire bloodshed in our streets."

Ugh, he was no good at this stuff. "I will pass your words along, Shosuro-san." Touki said, his tone bland.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:43 pm 

Kitamaru bowed to the Akodo.

"I am only doing the same, passing along for my betters what more knowledgeable samurai have claimed."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:47 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
After her story went largely ignored, a somewhat disgruntled Suzume Chihaya simply thought 'typical.'

Nobody appreciated a good story anymore.

She missed home.

Taking a seat at an out of the way table, she studied the arguments morosely. What a mess they were all in.

Eventually, once Poemu had departed appropriately, Mari looked around enough to see if there were any people seated off by themselves, not involved in heated debates or the like. The Tortoise was still recording information, so... she could rejoin him as he'd indicated, but they would meet again later. Not liking sitting alone, she caught sight of the sparrow lurking in the background.

Smart

Rising and making her way over, she bowed low. "Suzume-sama... is this seat taken?" Because it was way the hell away from the others, and that was a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:54 pm 

Feathers...

As the Scorpion and Lion talked, Wasako raised a hand to her chin thoughtfully on the matter and looked quite concentrated for a moment. She couldn't help but think about to the talk about the kenku in the gardens at Toshi no Omoidoso several days ago. Surely, there wasn't also a storied kenku also present in Nikesake that were muddling up people's visions, right?

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:17 pm 

Mari wrote:

Eventually, once Poemu had departed appropriately, Mari looked around enough to see if there were any people seated off by themselves, not involved in heated debates or the like. The Tortoise was still recording information, so... she could rejoin him as he'd indicated, but they would meet again later. Not liking sitting alone, she caught sight of the sparrow lurking in the background.

Smart

Rising and making her way over, she bowed low. "Suzume-sama... is this seat taken?" Because it was way the hell away from the others, and that was a good thing.

Chihaya briefly considered saying something pithy, but then decided it was unbecoming, so settled for a simple nod. "Iie, it is not."

Surveying the chaos of debate, she added, softly, "It is too far removed from the center of things, I suppose."

Profile :: Theme

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next