It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:16 pm

Post subject: Re: (D8, LM) ART!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 pm 

Poemu nodded slightly, but let a curious look cross her face. "Is that so? Mmm, there seem to be much art here from the theater, but I must confess I know little of it. Does Akodo-san know more about it, or is it just to your tastes?"

There was a moment's thoughtfulness. "Ano... it would be nice to have Shosuro Sara-san here, if that was what we wished. I am certain she would know much more about art than either of us, especially of the theater."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:04 pm 

Touki shot Poemu a quick sidelong glance, eyes narrowing. "No doubt." He said blandly. After a moment, he shrugged. "Well, I have met her. Perhaps after I select something, I can ask her opinion on it." And he certainly would.

He spread his hands. "It is just to my tastes. Although, did you hear that Shosuro Sara-san may be putting on a play? I sought to educate myself a little, first." He looked at Poemu, eyebrows going up. "Perhaps Agasha-sama would be interested in taking a role?"

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:15 pm 

She shook her head softly. "Iie, I am not talented enough for that. She was originally to put one on at Winter Court in Morikage Toshi that I was to attend, and she had mentioned she would likely try to put one on before the spring was too far along too."

"When we spoke however, she said that she would wish to start me off slower. I will have to ask her about that promised origami teaching sometime." Poemu's face showed a warm smile, small and polite, but quite genuine in its fondness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 pm 

"Ah." Touki smiled; a real smile. "She makes origami, does she? Ah, but of course she does. She told me that an actress must be skilled in all of the arts. Origami certainly qualifies. And she does seem to be a very gifted actress."

He looked at Poemu, his expression thoughtful. "May I ask about your interests, Agasha-sama? Every samurai must cultivate at least a few skills that do not directly relate to their duty."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:35 pm 

She gave a small nod. "Well, I am interested in the arts, but not skilled, which is why I am happy to be taught even a little something. Much of my time not studying for my duty... ano... I enjoy hunting. I spent much of my winter court joining your clan in expeditions to go hunting, though I confess I am not so good at shooting game as tracking."

"I suppose most of my free time is spent outdoors, come to think of it. Riding my horse always soothes me to pass the time for instance." She shrugged a bit, still smiling faintly. "I suppose I like reading as well, though I am not well read. Most of my free time reading in Kyuden Miya was into lineages and the history of the familes of the Empire."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:03 pm 

Touki brightened somewhat. "History. It is no wonder you have been appointed to Lion lands. It is a favorite topic of many Lion. Ikoma Homura-san may have some interesting things to say about it, if you were seeking a conversational partner."

"I also enjoy the outdoors... have you ever seen the ocean, Agasha-sama?" Touki asked. He seemed to be somewhat relaxed, compared to his usual exaggerated formality.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:15 pm 

A faintly ironic smile touched her lips. "Hai, Ikoma Homura-san has many interesting things to say if you give her a chance. Alas, my area is more on lineages and mon's than any sort of general history. The Miya libraries are repositories of many historical facts, but it is a lot more births, deaths, and so on."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:05 am 

"She does." After a moment of hesitation, Touki decided to let any further discussion of Homura pass.

"Well, historical facts can be of just as much interest to a Lion." He said encouragingly. "I'm sure you know of our devotion to our ancestors." A brief hesitation, and a grimace at that. He cleared his throat. "But, if you were able to assist a Lion with their family tree, there would be those who would appreciate it." A half-smile. "Just so long as it didn't contract anything they thought true, especially something flattering."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:31 am 

Poemu gave a soft nod. "There is still much I have to learn in that area, but I would certainly be honored to give it a try, if one wished. I think the Miya would be better suited to such matters, though if I were in their libraries, I could find out in no time."

Looking around the shop, she thought about not disturbing the proprietor with too much idle chit-chat. She picked up a piece that was of a waterfall, a bird in a pine tree, and a small rabbit at the base. "Ah, see, this is something I could have in my yashiki. Simple, lovely, and without any parts that might trouble any particular guest!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:55 am 

Tilting his head to see, Touki slowly nodded. "It seems to be a very fine piece. Waterfall, bird, rabbit..." He frowned as he considered those elements, but could think of nothing against them.

Again, he nodded. "It would make a fine addition to your collection, Agasha-sama." Again, his tone was gently encouraging.

In the meantime, he selected a piece for himself: a beautiful woman in fine clothing, standing underneath a tree, falling snow and moon in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:36 am 

Poemu smiled brightly. She had thought it a good pick, but Akodo-san would never let falsehood cross his lips, so she must have been right! Looking to his own art, she tried to decide what to say about it that would sound... cultured.

"Ah, that is a fine piece too Akodo-san! Ano... is the woman meant to represent someone perhaps?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:13 am 

Touki couldn't help but smile a bit as Poemu smiled; hers was infectious.

He glanced down at the print. "I... think it is a good match for what I was looking for." He said neutrally. He tilted the print, letting her see. "It is from a play, a very famous one, in which a pair of lovers meets in their dreams." He shrugged. "An interesting conceit. I will admit I used to think things like that were silly when I was a youth. I appreciate them more now."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:31 am 

"Ahhh, from a play. Of course." She nodded as if it were all perfectly clear. "...Where is her lover? I suppose this is a scene from the play? What play was it?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:38 pm 

Touki frowned down at the print. "Vision of the Scarlet Chamber is the name of the play. Hmmm." His frown deepened. "I do not know why her lover is not in it. Perhaps this is his dream, and he is seeing her? Or... I believe the two of them are separated for some time." His expression grew pensive.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:00 pm 

"Ah, I did not mean to trouble you over it!" Poemu's own look took on a surprised worry for a moment. "It really is a lovely piece. Perhaps those things are just points to talk about with guests, hai?"

To move things along, she moved to the owner and handed over the coin. She had enough to not worry on the particulars of the price, as any good samurai wouldn't.