It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:04 pm 

Sara sighed, clad as she was in ornate kimono, golden mask, and a new piece on her...

"Come on Minna-sama. We have seen the kind of...troops that he sends to greet us. They are frothing madmen. Are you all the same, snapping like exiles from Toshigoku? An Emperor is chosen by Tengoku, not Toshigoku! I say, down with the claim of the False Emperor!"

OOC:
D8 EA Imperialist Influence, Courtier/Awa, 3 CR, tn 30, VP for +1k1: 8d10o10k5 34

PM if approached

Last edited by Shosuro Sara on Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:07 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"Pleased to meet you, Shosuro-san. I suppose I'm wondering how troubling it might be as I was hoping for some clarity in the matter, as well as Akodo-san here. It is usual, so say the least, especially after everything we've experienced. Is it also an anomaly to you as well?"

Kitamaru grunted.

"Nothing strange about fear", he commented on the idea of it being an anomaly.

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
She narrowed her eyes on the Scorpion. "I don't think opinions would be made based on fear alone..." That meaning that she didn't think samurai were cowardly at the very least.

Touki straightened, his gaze going somewhat distant, and between the two samurai he spoke with. "The loss of the Emperor was a great blow for all of us. In my experience, fear and grief are very close. One might appear as the other."

He grimaced. "I suppose it matters less, if the outcome is the same."

His eyes briefly flickered to the latest speaker, and then back to his two companions. "But I think there are fewer divisions than it may appear today." He smiled, just a little bit.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:56 pm 

"Hai," she found herself nodding readily to Touki. "I guess there has been a lot of things thrown into the mix as of late that the truth and reality might be a bit muddled. We haven't had time to grieve or mourne. We do have a lot of refugees brought with us who are both hungry and fearful. Even if the locals where are comfortable at the moment...we must look like storm crows to them."

She followed Touki's glance to the Scorpion and shook her head. "No, I guess not. Maybe it's just...the weather?"

It might have been silly to think that but some people can have off days sometimes.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:02 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Like just now?" Iko replies, a joking tone to her voice, but a deadpan look upon her face.

"One Yasuki Mara offered helped me out with a personal matter earlier this Winter." Iko spoke softly from behind her fan.

"In return she has asked that I help shine a light upon the possibility of the Returned Emperor resuming his previously held position." She stated simply.

It seemed a strange request, Tsukimi thought. "So you're arguing the other side because someone asked you to?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:11 pm 

Matsu Erina wrote:
"They know that they cannot stand against a united Rokugan, so they look to undo our unity. They expect that petty bickering and slights, and the question of who will rise and fall shall matter more to us than the wolf at our door. Is our pride and ego that feeble?"

Horonigai payd attention to Erina's passionate speech, but disagreeing on some points, the provided a tiny shake of her head.

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
..."Because today there has been bloodshed within these city-walls. Blood spilt between those who should be standing together in this time. Blood spilt between family, because it would seem that the returned ancestors that we are fighting have already managed to slip into our ranks to attack us where we should be safe."

"I understand we are all tired, weary, and dishearted to have to face our ancestors - it's easy to lash out with anger and frustration at the world around us. But we cannot. We must not."...

The Seppun listened attentively, nearly finding out wisdom from the Dragon that once defied a major obstacle –– Horonigai herself –– in search for balance, and compassion. Yet, as Tsukimi resumed her speech and refuted her own family, Horonigai shook her head negatively again. In her mind, the wise Togashi should have known better about balance, and apply it.

Togashi Iko wrote:
...I have been convinced that there is a need to consider the Steel Chrysanthemum's legitimacy, however slight, and that someone needs to speak to it. I see that I am not the only one who has been led to this conclusion."

She gestures to Aya, Nagiko and Horonigai, who have all at some point spoken pro-traditionalist.

"Perhaps we may be able to find an opportunity to find parlay with these forces, to show the strength of OUR courtesy and OUR compassion. Perhaps our good intentions may convince them of a better way?"

Horonigai nods to Iko, and approaches the pair of Dragon, but waits until they are finished with their thoughts.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:37 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"Hai," she found herself nodding readily to Touki. "I guess there has been a lot of things thrown into the mix as of late that the truth and reality might be a bit muddled. We haven't had time to grieve or mourne. We do have a lot of refugees brought with us who are both hungry and fearful. Even if the locals where are comfortable at the moment...we must look like storm crows to them."

She followed Touki's glance to the Scorpion and shook her head. "No, I guess not. Maybe it's just...the weather?"

It might have been silly to think that but some people can have off days sometimes.

"Like storm crows. Well said, Mirumoto-sama." Touki inclined his head to her. "But it is as you say. Grieving takes time, sometimes a frighteningly long time." He grimaced. "We have had scarcely a day, pursued by the spirit army as we have been. I am not surprised that there are some unusual reactions."

He grimaced again. "The weather has been uncanny. Snow, freezing rain? I suppose I should not be surprised to see the loss of the Emperor reflected in the Heavens. If, indeed, that is what it all is."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:55 pm 

The nun steps forward and waits to be acknowledged. She bows to all and begins.

"The Usurper has broken harmony with the Heavens. How do we know? Look at the weather, feel the winds.

"The Usurpers has broken with the Tao. How do we know? The Tao says:
'There is no greater transgression
than condoning people’s selfish desires,
no greater disaster than being discontent,
and no greater retribution than for greed
.'

"What desire could be more selfish than to depose your legitimate descendant?

"We must act to right the Empire and set it back into harmony."

She bows and withdraws.

OOC: Imperialist with 4 raises.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:00 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Opening her fan, she gave Mari a nod, smiling behind her fan. She'd only tell the Ronin she spoke well if she had a chance to sit again.

Relaxing somewhat when it appeared that nobody intended to engage her, the ronin did eventually settle back into her cushion next to the Agasha. There was perhaps a bit too clear of a sigh when she did so, but she was back to stilling her emotions soon afterwards. "It appears most are in favor of the current Hantei line, at least among those assembled here." Not all. She'd heard the Togashi speak and caught sight of the Mantis earlier, but many spoke out against the Chrysanthemum right now.

She watched them pass by, taking note of a few, including the Abbess for future reference.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:47 pm 

"I had thought we were just coming from a long winter," she said on a curious note. Admittedly, it would be still snowing at this time of the year in the Dragon mountains. "The rains and clouds are perhaps some reflections of how murky things may have gotten. It would be nice to see the sun eventually. These last few days have felt very long, ne?"

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 pm 

Mari wrote:
Relaxing somewhat when it appeared that nobody intended to engage her, the ronin did eventually settle back into her cushion next to the Agasha. There was perhaps a bit too clear of a sigh when she did so, but she was back to stilling her emotions soon afterwards. "It appears most are in favor of the current Hantei line, at least among those assembled here." Not all. She'd heard the Togashi speak and caught sight of the Mantis earlier, but many spoke out against the Chrysanthemum right now.

She watched them pass by, taking note of a few, including the Abbess for future reference.

Poemu nodded softly. "Perhaps that is why none commented on your words. It seems that there are few to speak out against our words. Togashi-san is... a bit of a surprise, but the Togashi ever are."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 pm 

Kitamaru seemed to nod positive to Wasako's question. Then bow ed to Touki.

"Akodo-san." A pause. "My lady Shosuro commands me to be of service. Are there any among you that have needs one such as this can aid in? I understand an army marches toward us."

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:27 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu nodded softly. "Perhaps that is why none commented on your words. It seems that there are few to speak out against our words. Togashi-san is... a bit of a surprise, but the Togashi ever are."

"From a practical standpoint... I can't entirely fault her. Strong leadership and less loss of life are a thing some yearn for." Which was as close as she was going to ever come to saying 'not every emperor is a strong leader.' You didn't just say blasphemy like that in an open court, but... well, ronin. She could see the pragmatics of the whole thing. "But it is certainly not an opinion I hold. He yearns to claim what the kharmic wheel has denied him, to reclaim it a second time, to deny what he is. Sometimes, it is the greater thing to embrace what you truly are, no matter how it has come to pass."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 pm 

Poemu nodded softly. She wasn't about to question Iko here and now, and perhaps not later either. That didn't mean she didn't agree that she held different priorities. She poured the ronin some more tea before topping off her own cup.

"I wish I knew more about the man he had been. The Ikoma histories do not seem to touch much on his reign after all. I am not certain it would change my views much, but if he truly was a strong leader, I could perhaps see a different side of things."

Not that she thought anything could forgive the man, but she liked at least trying to keep an open mind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:33 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"I had thought we were just coming from a long winter," she said on a curious note. Admittedly, it would be still snowing at this time of the year in the Dragon mountains. "The rains and clouds are perhaps some reflections of how murky things may have gotten. It would be nice to see the sun eventually. These last few days have felt very long, ne?"

"As I understand, the snow was unseasonable. As was the freezing rain." Touki glanced back towards the entrance. "This rain may be more normal, but still..." He sighed. "As you say, these last few days have felt very long."

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
Kitamaru seemed to nod positive to Wasako's question. Then bow ed to Touki.

"Akodo-san." A pause. "My lady Shosuro commands me to be of service. Are there any among you that have needs one such as this can aid in? I understand an army marches toward us."

Touki gave the man a bow. "I do not command troops myself, sir. But I can say that we would be honored to have our Scorpion allies stand beside us." He looked at Kitamaru, politely curious. "May I know what your usual role is? I may be able to assist you in finding the proper Lion commander."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:38 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu nodded softly. She wasn't about to question Iko here and now, and perhaps not later either. That didn't mean she didn't agree that she held different priorities. She poured the ronin some more tea before topping off her own cup.

"I wish I knew more about the man he had been. The Ikoma histories do not seem to touch much on his reign after all. I am not certain it would change my views much, but if he truly was a strong leader, I could perhaps see a different side of things."

Not that she thought anything could forgive the man, but she liked at least trying to keep an open mind.

"Thank you," she murmured, holding the tea up and breathing in the odor quietly. Her eyes didn't close, but there was a little bit of a nice, easy posture that she took with the cup there to focus on. The aroma of tea was soothing, in the end. Not as soothing as sake, but seriously? Right now she did not need her head any fuzzier.

"I know nothing of he, or any Son of Heaven who has ruled but Hantei, his child those who have ruled in my day. I freely admit that I am ... not the most well red in history. Was his reign truly so unmemorable?" That seemed unusual, but there were periods that just didn't get written about much, like that whole incident about a hundred years prior with the peasants being revolting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:43 pm 

"Ano... I am no historian myself unfortunately." Poemu looked a touch sheepish. "The only things I know of his reign are from the history books the Lion keep. It seems he was likely not memorable, but then, most Emperor's had little in their histories of note. Perhaps that is the best that could be said of a Son of Heaven, that his reign was uneventful and peaceful?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:43 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki gave the man a bow. "I do not command troops myself, sir. But I can say that we would be honored to have our Scorpion allies stand beside us." He looked at Kitamaru, politely curious. "May I know what your usual role is? I may be able to assist you in finding the proper Lion commander."

"I served as a yojimbo and guard in the district court of Juramashi in the capital. Though I was raised in the shadow of Shiro no Shosuro, I am a student of the Bayushi style and have been honored by sensei of that school twice since my gemppuku. I have studied war, I am versed in politics."

It was a great deal for Kitamaru to say, but the Scorpion had practice in giving credentials on demand.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:47 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Ano... I am no historian myself unfortunately." Poemu looked a touch sheepish. "The only things I know of his reign are from the history books the Lion keep. It seems he was likely not memorable, but then, most Emperor's had little in their histories of note. Perhaps that is the best that could be said of a Son of Heaven, that his reign was uneventful and peaceful?"

"A Son of Heaven who managed to reign over a time with no great wars and relatively peaceful populace might be considered some to have had a dull reign, but I would consider such a person a successful ruler. I imagine that most histories boil it down to the good parts." Which might not speak well to this particular one, where the highlights of his reign were that the earth did not crash into the sun.

"But if I may change the subject... you are an Ambassador to the Lion? What can you tell me of yourself?" Always a bit of a risky proposition to talk about the samurai next to her. They inevitably asked uncomfortable questions about her, but she had a few answers. "I find myself surrounded by men and woman of far greater standing than I am accustomed to."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:12 pm 

The question brought an almost shy smile to the Agasha's face. "Eto... I am not sure what there is to say about me ronin-san. I could go through my entire history is you wish, there is nothing I have to hide, but it would be quite long. Perhaps a more specific question?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
The question brought an almost shy smile to the Agasha's face. "Eto... I am not sure what there is to say about me ronin-san. I could go through my entire history is you wish, there is nothing I have to hide, but it would be quite long. Perhaps a more specific question?"

She chuckled a little and nodded. "That's fair. Even for a young woman such as you, the tale can be quite a lot or one sitting, yes?" and she leaned back, considering some. "What of your sensei? Were you schooled among the Mirumoto?" Admittedly, she'd said that she was an ambassador and had no talent for magic, yes? Yet, she looked a bit like a stiff breeze might knock her over, so Mari kind of doubted that she was trained as a bushi, unless it had been an exchange with the Kakita.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next