It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:15 pm 

Much like a cat stalks forth, watching a bird as if feeds on a worm in the ground, so did Kitamaru close in quietly on the Akodo speaking with the Dragon girl.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:18 pm 

Seitouna adds to his notes.
Quote:
A songbird sang at length again, though too few stopped to hear it. A gentle wolf, having taken somewhat of fish, stalked around, finding company with a tortoise and a dragon of no small station.

He considers.
I am going to have a lot of editing to do, he thinks.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:25 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu nodded softly as tea was brought for them by a nervous servant, tea poured for both of them. She looked mildly troubled before she spoke. "I know he was known as Hantei the XVI. I know the Ikoma records say he was a competent Emperor in his time. And I know I cannot forgive him for murder."

Was anything that the son of heaven ever did truly above the law? She idly wondered about that, and now there were two sons of heaven, two who had legitimate claim to the throne. One sat upon it, and the other craved to take it back. "D...id you witness it?" she said in a faint voice, glancing out of the corner of her eye at Poemu. "Not that I doubt your words at all. I'm just curious."

She took the cup and breathed in the vapors, half closing her eyes. "He... has already had his life. Shiryo do not linger in the mortal plane any more than a spirit of Toshigoku..."

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:25 pm 

Mogami walks into the Blue Tiled room still in her bloodies and shredded gown. This time, her budoka were no where to be seen. She waits for there to be an opening in the debates before she takes the stage.

"Just this morning, I had every possession I own stolen and was informed by one of the castle guards that my Grandmother had come in the night to take my things and my men for some training. My Grandmother, Matsu Saena, who had died in the War of the Burned Wings. When I arrived at the Dojo, she sought to kill me, unarmed, unarmored, and dressed in nothing more than what I wear before you now. Heavens favored me this morning, and I was able to put her down."

"These are the types of people that the Steel Chrysanthemum commands. No honor, dignity, or sense of good. They hold no qualms as passing through our gates as friends just to put a blade through us when the time is right."

"I tell you all again, to try and support this monster who dare slay his own blood, who defies the kharmic wheel and Emma-O's judgement, is to invoke shame upon us all. There are clear rules to succession, the Crown Prince is already our Emperor, and Hantei Tokiyo the regent."

--------
Coutier/Awa+Prodigy, 2 raises. Imperialist. Roll: 27. +3 Imperialist Points

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:41 pm 

Mari wrote:
Was anything that the son of heaven ever did truly above the law? She idly wondered about that, and now there were two sons of heaven, two who had legitimate claim to the throne. One sat upon it, and the other craved to take it back. "D...id you witness it?" she said in a faint voice, glancing out of the corner of her eye at Poemu. "Not that I doubt your words at all. I'm just curious."

She took the cup and breathed in the vapors, half closing her eyes. "He... has already had his life. Shiryo do not linger in the mortal plane any more than a spirit of Toshigoku..."

"I was not in the courtroom when it happened, which likely lead to my being able to flee." She gave a soft sigh. "I know that it has been said that the Steel Chrysanthemum is no less a Son of the Heaven's, but can we forgive a Son of Heaven if they fall? What about the Lost Kami? Can we treat him as the others of his siblings just because he came from Tengoku originally?"

She looked uncomfortable speaking on the matter, but it was the best comparison she could make.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:47 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I was not in the courtroom when it happened, which likely lead to my being able to flee." She gave a soft sigh. "I know that it has been said that the Steel Chrysanthemum is no less a Son of the Heaven's, but can we forgive a Son of Heaven if they fall? What about the Lost Kami? Can we treat him as the others of his siblings just because he came from Tengoku originally?"

She looked uncomfortable speaking on the matter, but it was the best comparison she could make.

"There is a difference, but I'm sure you know that." It wasn't comfortable, no. "Those who have been damned are claimed by that which damned them. The spirits of Toshigoku are judged by the fortune Emma-O, and rest in their eternal reward, just as others rest within their own. To honor him as one who once ruled is not the same as to honor him as one who currently rules. We do not, say, call the son of Hantei genji greater than his grandson merely because one was the Fourth, and the other the Third in the line of their blood, do we? They are all Emperor, and each is afforded exactly the same respect by anyone who serves the Imperial Line."

She was careful to try and draw Fu Leng out of the conversation. The Shadowlands and Jigoku were a deeply uncomfortable topic in public, even if she understood the comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:48 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
Touki didn't quite grimace, more of just a brief stiffening of his features. "Given the circumstances. Indeed. Yes, given those same circumstances, I've also fared well."

He glanced casually about. "Speaking of circumstances, it seems to me that they've changed somewhat, since our arrival in Nikesake?" He inclined his head to her. "May I ask your thoughts on things, miss?"

Wasako blinked at the question at first, not knowing where to start as she wished to find insight herself on the matter. "I...I'm not too sure, without speaking to many people about it. Has the Steel Chrysanthemum sent emissary? Have negotiations begun already? If either are true, I can't say I've been made aware of them..."

She raised her brow at the approaching Scorpion and bowed politely. "Good afternoon, Shosuro-san. This one is Mirumoto Wasako and this Akodo Touki-san."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:56 pm 

Mari wrote:
"There is a difference, but I'm sure you know that." It wasn't comfortable, no. "Those who have been damned are claimed by that which damned them. The spirits of Toshigoku are judged by the fortune Emma-O, and rest in their eternal reward, just as others rest within their own. To honor him as one who once ruled is not the same as to honor him as one who currently rules. We do not, say, call the son of Hantei genji greater than his grandson merely because one was the Fourth, and the other the Third in the line of their blood, do we? They are all Emperor, and each is afforded exactly the same respect by anyone who serves the Imperial Line."

She was careful to try and draw Fu Leng out of the conversation. The Shadowlands and Jigoku were a deeply uncomfortable topic in public, even if she understood the comparison.

"As you say, it is not the same." Poemu was more than glad to let sleeping taint lie, so to speak. "That said, the issue of mutual respect is close to what I spoke of. We would say that any that murdered the Emperor would deserve death, hai? Yet, we would also say one could never murder the Emperor, for the same reason. Which one considers the more sacred of the two would dictate what we do in this situation."

She paused to sip her tea, sighing again. "I am trained toward compassion, so I would see the death deserving of more respect in enforcement than the sanctity that the Steel Chrysanthemum still deserves... or deserved, before he became a murderer of the Emperor."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:58 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako blinked at the question at first, not knowing where to start as she wished to find insight herself on the matter. "I...I'm not too sure, without speaking to many people about it. Has the Steel Chrysanthemum sent emissary? Have negotiations begun already? If either are true, I can't say I've been made aware of them..."

She raised her brow at the approaching Scorpion and bowed politely. "Good afternoon, Shosuro-san. This one is Mirumoto Wasako and this Akodo Touki-san."

"Well, no." Touki frowned. "I haven't been made aware of such either. But I mean here, today." He glanced about at the surrounding crowd of samurai.

As he was introduced, Touki, too, bowed politely.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Now she looked to Iko. "I am... saddened, that one who bears the same name as I... is acting with such aggression towards the honored Yasuki-sama. And also showing now such a change of heart from what she had showed before. I cannot tell you to change your mind, Iko-sama, but I will ask you to stay your blade if you still intend on standing together with us all, everyone who lives in this city, be they local or refugee, to protect them from those outside who wish only to slaughter and destroy. For such is the nature of Toshigoku."

Iko sighed softly. "Is it truly aggressive to ask one to stand by his words Togashi-san? If Yasuki-san believes the Heavens should judge the rightness of this claim, has it not been established for centuries how they show their favour in our society?"

"I have no desire to deprive the defense of any able samurai and will request the duel be to first blood, but I will understand if Yasuki-san wishes to show total faith in his words. I have been convinced that there is a need to consider the Steel Chrysanthemum's legitimacy, however slight, and that someone needs to speak to it. I see that I am not the only one who has been led to this conclusion."

She gestures to Aya, Nagiko and Horonigai, who have all at some point spoken pro-traditionalist.

"Perhaps we may be able to find an opportunity to find parlay with these forces, to show the strength of OUR courtesy and OUR compassion. Perhaps our good intentions may convince them of a better way?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:01 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"As you say, it is not the same." Poemu was more than glad to let sleeping taint lie, so to speak. "That said, the issue of mutual respect is close to what I spoke of. We would say that any that murdered the Emperor would deserve death, hai? Yet, we would also say one could never murder the Emperor, for the same reason. Which one considers the more sacred of the two would dictate what we do in this situation."

She paused to sip her tea, sighing again. "I am trained toward compassion, so I would see the death deserving of more respect in enforcement than the sanctity that the Steel Chrysanthemum still deserves... or deserved, before he became a murderer of the Emperor."

She nodded before chuckling a little softly. "I wish I still had that kind of honor, Agasha-sama, but the road is hard for the wolf and wave-men like me often lose most of it. I still remember my face when I must... but I think all I still have left is compassion." When it suited her. "But it is the continuation of a war, which could be handled by the courts and laws of the empire instead of seeing cities burned... That is you concern, yes? I suppose for me, it is more the sheer blasphemy that he represents. To deny Emma-O, and yet be praised for it. Blasphemies are kept quiet for a reason, because they are what they are."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 pm 

Mari wrote:
She nodded before chuckling a little softly. "I wish I still had that kind of honor, Agasha-sama, but the road is hard for the wolf and wave-men like me often lose most of it. I still remember my face when I must... but I think all I still have left is compassion." When it suited her. "But it is the continuation of a war, which could be handled by the courts and laws of the empire instead of seeing cities burned... That is you concern, yes? I suppose for me, it is more the sheer blasphemy that he represents. To deny Emma-O, and yet be praised for it. Blasphemies are kept quiet for a reason, because they are what they are."

Poemu's look became softly sympathetic. She wouldn't want to speak of the life of a ronin, even if she believed that Mari could still find honor in her travels. "It is more than one thing to it that makes my beliefs be shaped ronin-san. Be it the laws of Tengoku, Ningen-do, or Yomi, the laws of more than one realm were broken when one looks at it."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 pm 

The tall nun is slightly more presentable this day, the temple having found her a new robe. Against she clears and focuses her mind before entering the discussions, observing and trying to see the currents in today's talks.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko sighed softly. "Is it truly aggressive to ask one to stand by his words Togashi-san? If Yasuki-san believes the Heavens should judge the rightness of this claim, has it not been established for centuries how they show their favour in our society?"

"I have no desire to deprive the defense of any able samurai and will request the duel be to first blood, but I will understand if Yasuki-san wishes to show total faith in his words. I have been convinced that there is a need to consider the Steel Chrysanthemum's legitimacy, however slight, and that someone needs to speak to it. I see that I am not the only one who has been led to this conclusion."

She gestures to Aya, Nagiko and Horonigai, who have all at some point spoken pro-traditionalist.

"Perhaps we may be able to find an opportunity to find parlay with these forces, to show the strength of OUR courtesy and OUR compassion. Perhaps our good intentions may convince them of a better way?"

"Where and how did you come to such new convictions, Iko-san?" Tsukimi asked calmly.

Horonigai's words had to her seemed more like a scared and confused child, but she couldn't very well say that.

"Is there a particular reason of why you have changed your mind, since Toshi no Omoidoso? Do you need everyone here who disagree with you to face you with steel?"

Mogami's words were appriciated in this difficult moment. "It is as Matsu Mogami-sama says. I saw myself that she and her budoka had been attacked, by one of those of Toshigoku. I am all for compassion to those who are still humans in Ningen-do, be they the lowest of eta to the highest of samurai - but I will not consider compassion to creatures whose existence are an anathema to the very concept of compassion."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:35 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Where and how did you come to such new convictions, Iko-san?" Tsukimi asked calmly. Is there a particular reason of why you have changed your mind, since Toshi no Omoidoso?"

"A letter a friend from Morikage Toshi has broadened my outlook on this situation. If you wish to speak more about this..." Iko gestures to a small empty table.

Horonigai's words had to her seemed more like a scared and confused child, but she couldn't very well say that.

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Do you need everyone here who disagree with you to face you with steel?"

"I do not." Iko replies with a poignant emphasis. "But nor will I back down from words I have spoken. It speaks greatly of Yasuki-san's honour that he feels the same." She offered a deep and sincere bow to the Crab.

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Mogami's words were appreciated in this difficult moment. "It is as Matsu Mogami-sama says. I saw myself that she and her budoka had been attacked, by one of those of Toshigoku. I am all for compassion to those who are still humans in Ningen-do, be they the lowest of eta to the highest of samurai - but I will not consider compassion to creatures whose existence are an anathema to the very concept of compassion."

"I cannot speak to Matsu-san's...experience, I was not there. But I will not give up on any chance to avoid a war. What I saw...I did..." Iko shakes her head to clear the visions of her last war.

"War is never the answer. A united Empire, under ANY leader, is a better proposition."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:38 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu's look became softly sympathetic. She wouldn't want to speak of the life of a ronin, even if she believed that Mari could still find honor in her travels. "It is more than one thing to it that makes my beliefs be shaped ronin-san. Be it the laws of Tengoku, Ningen-do, or Yomi, the laws of more than one realm were broken when one looks at it."

"It seems that there have been a great many laws of the heavens that have been defied of late. I wonder if that is why the kami are roiling so as they are lately." A shake o her head. Well, at least the water was doing better lately.... though the gods only knew why. "You are not wrong, though. Many such things have defied the very laws of creation. Has this been spoken of much?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:43 pm 

"It has, by certain groups, hai." She nodded softly. "Even among my own clan. I cannot say I understand much about theological matters, but I know that my family has shown much trouble from casting."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:44 pm 

Chen arrives at the blue tile room after hearing some spirited debate was going on. He picked his way carefully through the crowd and watched his steps so as not to embarrass himself as he had the previous day.

The scorpion spoke up a little as he moved to the middle of the room. That was how this place worked right? You were supposed to stand on the thing in the middle. Situated appropriately he cleared his throat and spoke "Good afternoon Minna-sama, I hear we are still split on this issue of the returned Hantei. I am surprised I must say, that any honorable samurai would support such a man who deceived the empire for so long, waited for the opportunity to strike and killed his own family to get it. As a scorpion I might even say I'm impressed, it was a long scheme and he pulled it off quite well. But also he was stupid he displayed for the entire court that he lacked honor, compassion, sincerity, courtesy, and honesty. Arguably the only tenant of bushido he didnt violate is Duty and that one depends on who you ask."

He took a breath "In an emporer, we need more, we deserve more than someone who just takes what they want and clearly has no regard for the very foundation of what we stand for and believe in. Some facets of bushido matter more or less to different people but surely at least a couple of them should be present in our Emporer." He said with a tone of finality as he began descending the stage. Though he missed the last step and stumbled a bit catching himself quickly and walking into the crowd like nothing happened.

----------------------------------------
D8 imperial influence 1 raise tn 20: 5d10o10k3 25 2 imperialist points

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:51 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"A letter a friend from Morikage Toshi has broadened my outlook on this situation. If you wish to speak more about this..." Iko gestures to a small empty table.

"I do not." Iko replies with a poignant emphasis. "But nor will I back down from words I have spoken. It speaks greatly of Yasuki-san's honour that he feels the same." She offered a deep and sincere bow to the Crab.

"War is never the answer. A united Empire, under ANY leader, is a better proposition."

The words concerned her. But there was also much to be concerned about on a day like today. Mostly because she doubted the message from anyone in Morikage Toshi in these times.

Some of Iko's words went against what she believed in, but, she took a deep breath and reminded herself to always listen - there was only ignorance in choosing to not listen.

"I will listen to what you have to say, even if I don't agree with this change of heart yet."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:52 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"It has, by certain groups, hai." She nodded softly. "Even among my own clan. I cannot say I understand much about theological matters, but I know that my family has shown much trouble from casting."

"To speak to the kami is a blessing and a taxing thing. I only wish I knew how to navigate the courts half as well as some." No... she really didn't want that. "Then... I think if are willing to introduce me, I am willing to speak. Please do not put your name too far out there for one such as I, but I would add some small thought to the assembly."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next