It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:39 pm

Post subject: (D8, LM) ART!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 pm 

To relieve the stress of a city that would soon be under siege, and days of rain unending, Poemu took her umbrella and went out to the street of scrolls. She had thought to spend some time looking at pillow book and poetry collection sellers, but ended up gravitating to ukiyo-e print sellers. All the lands she had visited were not much for art, at least not painting, so it was a fascinating distraction.

While some were a bit more risque, causing soft flushes, Poemu found many that made her smile as well, taking her time and watching her step to stay out of puddles and streams on the street.

Post subject: Re: (D8, LM) ART!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:11 pm 

Touki, too, was walking the streets, although he seemed to be enjoying himself a great deal less than Poemu was. His face was as stern and ever as he went along, his umbrella held tightly in his hand.

His expression brightened somewhat, or at least became less dour, upon spotting a familiar face, walking the other direction. "Agasha-sama." Touki said, giving her a deep bow. "Have you been well since we last met? Ah..." He frowned slightly, his eyes on her cheeks. "Does something trouble you, Agasha-sama?" She smiled, but she also did look a little flushed...

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:00 pm 

Poemu ignored the recognition with her On only foiled by a slight smile as she returned the bow. "Ah, Akodo-san. I have been well enough, other than the rain. The chill has merely gotten to this one a bit, that is all. How about yourself? Have you had rice yet today?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:12 pm 

"Yes ma'am, I have, thank you." He said, as monotone and polite as ever. "And yes, the rain does add a chill to the air, doesn't it?" Ah, that explained it, of course.

He looked around. "And how do you find the wares? Is there anything that has yet caught your eye?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:16 pm 

Poemu looked to the stands and let herself smile a bit again. "Hai, well... I must confess I am not certain what sort of art I am supposed to be looking for. I am not well versed in painting, but most all of this ukiyo-e has caught my eye for one reason or another."

She paused to look to the Lion. "Are you at all versed in art Akodo-san? Perhaps some recommendations?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:21 pm 

Gently, Touki shook his head. "I am afraid that I must disappoint you, Agasha-sama. I have my own taste, of course, but I don't know that it would help another."

Still, Touki considered, tilting his head. "Is this for your own collection, ma'am? Or are you looking for a gift for someone?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm 

She gave a faint smile. "Please, Agasha will do Akodo-san. As for the art... I am not certain. If I am to really have a more permanent home in Morikage Toshi, it would be nice to have art in it for guests to see. With how things are however... I am not certain what is permanent anymore."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:30 pm 

Touki bowed. "As you wish, Agasha-sama." He made a mental note to try and speak a little less formally. He cleared his throat. "Well... perhaps I can accompany you as you walk? I may know little of art, but I could at least lend my eye to yours."

He gave her a sidelong glance. "What is permanent... because of the circumstances we find ourselves in, you mean?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:47 pm 

She gave a small nod, both to his question and to his accompanying her. "Hai. I was to be in Morikage Toshi for the foreseeable future before this, to remain as a representative between our clans, but now..."

Trailing off, she looked to Touki curiously. "Has anyone told you yet what the Lion will do about all this/ These are the lands of the Lion after all, and we are all under your protection. THe Dragon have discussed among themselves what we might do as a clan, but it is still our host's discretion."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:09 pm 

Touki would allow Poemu to lead the way, but if she seemed indifferent, they would begin walking down the street slowly, past various shops.

"Yes." He said in his deep monotone. "This has left the future rather unsettled, both on grand and lesser scale."

Turning his head, he gave her his best attempt at a reassuring smile; with his sharp features, it wasn't much, but perhaps it was the thought that counted. "I assure you, the Lion will see to the defense of our guests. We will stand against the approaching army. Although I don't deny this fighting withdrawal has been a challenge." He grimaced. "May I ask if the Dragon came to a decision that could be shared?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 pm 

Poemu smiled with a shy warmth. "I never doubted that the Lion would see to our protection. I know I have heard that there are some that are troubled that certain spirits are Lion ancestors, and that their leader is a Son of Heaven, but I know we will be kept safe all the same."

"The Dragon seem to believe that things require more thought, but non I have spoken to have said they could follow Hantei the XVI. Lord Togashi himself had given us much to think about while we were at Toshi no Omoidoso, so none are moving quickly to a conclusion."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:28 pm 

Touki found himself returning the smile, or half-returning it, anyway. "I won't deny that it's a challenge. Something that I've been struggling with myself." He sighed, his expression returning to its usual sternness. "But I will do my duty, no matter what is asked for me." Or so he believed, anyway.

He nodded acknowledgement of Poemu's words. "I do appreciate your Clan's thoughtfulness; our shared conversation the other night was an interesting one." Touki inclined his head. "It must be quite the intelligence that your lord has provided you with."

Pausing a moment, Touki craned his neck as the passed a store selling artistic prints, studying the merchandise a moment longer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:38 pm 

Using the opportunity to look at the prints, Poemu thought about whether she should meddle or not. She did.

"It was indeed a fine walk Akodo-san. I admit, the Bayushi samurai-ko was quite... odd. I also cannot say I did much for the conversation. Mirumoto Wasako did much more speaking, and you two seemed to have much in common."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:46 pm 

The prints seemed to be a variety of scenes from famous literary or theatrical sources. With Poemu seemingly interested as well, Touki paused to look at them as well.

"Hmmm, yes." Touki frowned. "I do wonder what became of Bayushi-sama. She was rather strange, wasn't she?" He smiled gently. "And I was much impressed by Mirumoto-sama's conversation. She struck me as an exceptional thinker. And a student of the sword, as well. I would be honored to try my skill against hers someday." That was, after all, how Lion showed friendship.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:12 am 

Poemu had been in Lion lands long enough to know that was a compliment, and she smiled politely. "I would not think this moment a good one for such, though perhaps as a form of practice... I could arrange as such for you both Akodo-sama, if you wish."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:20 am 

Gently, Touki shook his head. "You do me too much honor, Agasha-sama. Please do not trouble yourself on my account." It was hardly a firm denial; Touki sounded, as usual, very polite. "Nevertheless, if it should happen..." He spread his hands in gentle acquiescence.

He cleared his throat. "As it happens, I'm looking for something from here, myself. Shall we take a closer look?" He gestured towards the nearby shop. "Perhaps we can find something here for each of us."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 am 

Poemu said no more on the matter of practice. It was really no trouble for her at all...
"Hai. Please, lead the way Akodo-san. I am in your care."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:10 pm 

Touki gave her a reassuring half-smile as he led her into the shop.

As it appeared from the outside, it was largely filled with art prints from literature or theater, although there were also a few quotations. The shopkeeper greeted them quietly, but did not approach.

"Hmmm." Touki leaned in, inspecting some of the works. "Might anything like this suit you, Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:26 pm 

Unfortunately, Poemu was not one well versed in either theater or literature. She knew a bit about the later, but hardly enough to get most of the pieces. Thus, the quotations seemed to interest her the most, and she gave a small nod.

"I was thinking perhaps of a nature work, but some of these quotations from the Tao are quite soothing. Especially the ones that mix the two. I am not so well versed in the work myself, but that doesn't make it any less poignant." She looked over to Touki. "What of yourself Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:40 pm 

Touki half-smiled, half-grimaced. Or perhaps just one-quarter of each. "I am afraid I am not well-versed in it either. But scenes from nature are quite appropriate, especially for one's home. I think that would be a fine choice, Agasha-sama." He gave her a nod. "Shall we see if we can find something that will suit you?"

He hesitated a moment. "I was looking for a piece detailing a scene from the theater, by preference." He looked casually around. "Although much of the work here is fine to look at."