It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Day 7, Early Morning] Delivery at the Phoenix Blessing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 pm 

Lucidicide wrote:
He nods enthusiastically at that.

"You show good taste by honoring the ancestors of even those close to you. I'm glad you came to see the wonders of the shrine. I think the aesthetic really helps show the importance of the ancestors."

"I... think it does, yes." Touki said, frowning. "Although it is hard for me to explain why. It just feels... better, to give devotion in a nicer place." The frown deepened. "I'm not sure what you mean when you say it shows their importance."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:03 pm 

Asako Ayanojo wrote:
There was the tiniest of twinges of concern on Aya's face at the cough, but he was soon concentrating on this tablet again as he indented his next message.

Quote:
There are so many newcomers, Isawa-sama. Can you tell me what has happened?

"Toshi no Omoidoso is in the process of falling. The Steel Chrysanthemum has lead an army of Spirits, those that have returned from one of the other Realms, in slaying the Emperor, and attacking the Empire. Attempting to take it back over."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:54 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
"I... think it does, yes." Touki said, frowning. "Although it is hard for me to explain why. It just feels... better, to give devotion in a nicer place." The frown deepened. "I'm not sure what you mean when you say it shows their importance."

"Of course it does. If you were to say you cared deeply for your sword but it was rusted, I would question your words. If it were immaculately cared for and kept in a nice sheathe, I would see your words had the ring of truth."

He gestures to the shrines. "It is the same here. You see how deeply we care about our ancestors, and therefore how important they are, by the attention we pay to their shrines. You, in turn, feel better about devotion in such a place because it is more clear they are worth of devotion."

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:56 pm 

Isawa Hachi wrote:
"Toshi no Omoidoso is in the process of falling. The Steel Chrysanthemum has lead an army of Spirits, those that have returned from one of the other Realms, in slaying the Emperor, and attacking the Empire. Attempting to take it back over."

His mouth forming an 'o', Ayanojo just looked at Hachi in total shock for a good minute. It seemed news of the Son of Heaven's death had not reached his ears yet and that an enemy army was marching, in winter, was just as shocking.

He started to write something out and then erased it. Again he started only to rub out the etchings before they were complete. Mounting frustration led to the etchings in the eventual question to be jagged and deep.

Quote:
How do we stop him?

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour: As Expected
Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:29 pm 

Kodama looked about briefly, but settled back into waiting. The letter would be delivered, what mattered exactly when?

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:38 pm 

Kayou approaches Kodama and bow. "Thank you for all of your hard work over these last few day, Kodama-san."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm 

He bows back to Kayou. "And you for yours Kayou-sama. Preserving knowledge is one of the finest things we can do for those of us destined to continue on the wheel."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:12 pm 

Kayou nods. "The destructiveness of this new threat is very troubling."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm 

A simple nod, and then a slight twitch of thought.

"They seemed to ignore the likelihood of their death, throwing themselves forwards without a care as to the risk. What happens..." He frowns, "What happens if however they are getting here from Toshigoku let's them come directly back? If there's no consequence for their actions?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:13 am 

Asako Ayanojo wrote:
His mouth forming an 'o', Ayanojo just looked at Hachi in total shock for a good minute. It seemed news of the Son of Heaven's death had not reached his ears yet and that an enemy army was marching, in winter, was just as shocking.

He started to write something out and then erased it. Again he started only to rub out the etchings before they were complete. Mounting frustration led to the etchings in the eventual question to be jagged and deep.

Quote:
How do we stop him?

Hachi grins in a grim way. "That is the question of the week. Several of us were able to slow his forces, collapsing the passes through the mountains. Others I've heard fought his forces, slaying several of the spirit-attackers. But his army was large, and we are not sure how to stop them. I am not trained in the ways of conflict, so am not sure what would be *cough* best."

He clears his throat for a moment, then sips some more of the water. "I do hope to be able to use my gift to call on the kami, and provide some boulders, useable for defense, or perhaps even construction. But, other than that, I am unsure how I can help."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 am 

Lucidicide wrote:
"Of course it does. If you were to say you cared deeply for your sword but it was rusted, I would question your words. If it were immaculately cared for and kept in a nice sheathe, I would see your words had the ring of truth."

He gestures to the shrines. "It is the same here. You see how deeply we care about our ancestors, and therefore how important they are, by the attention we pay to their shrines. You, in turn, feel better about devotion in such a place because it is more clear they are worth of devotion."

In fact, except for his kimono needing a bit of resizing, Touki's gear did appear to be very well cared for. "Your words make sense." He nodded. "Yes. Perhaps that's it."

After a few more moments of consideration, he looked at the monk. "Monk-san, do you know the nature of the army that comes this way?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:23 am 

"I most certainly do."

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 am 

Lucidicide wrote:
"I most certainly do."

Touki looked back towards the shrine. "Do you think that... changes the devotions at all?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 am 

"I hear Hantei XVI's soldiers faintly glow in the dark. None of my ancestors ever did that. Did yours?"

This said with an incredibly snobby, look down your noise at people, voice. It's not directed to Touki, but it's clear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:00 am 

Touki's lips quirked. "If they did, the Ikoma failed to describe them as doing so. And they're very good at what they do. So no, they didn't."

He folded his arms over his chest. "But surely glowing or not glowing isn't the essence of a person, is it? I'm not sure I follow, Monk-san." Touki's jaw clenched, just a little. Was this monk mocking him?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:07 am 

"If someone has been corrupted by the Shadowlands, it is detectable in some way, yes? But it is faint, and not readily apparent to all. Is that corruption the essence of that person?"

He glances at Touki. The word "duh" is clearly on his face.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 am 

Kodama winces. He coughs, and then speaks up.

"It's a mark upon their essence, but it is not necessarily a complete corruption. There are those who've found heroic deeds, despite the pull of the hells."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:20 am 

"Oh." Touki said, looking back and forth between the two of them. "I think I see, then."

"Still." He said. "It doesn't feel quite the same. I still give my devotions, though, obviously." He looked at the two monks, face set.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 am 

The monk looks at Kodama, and the look is clear: I don't come into your temple and say monk-ly words of wisdom, how dare you do it in mine?

He looks back at Touki, and his words seem softer, kinder. He wants to win Touki's approval over this interloper.

"What doesn't feel the same, Akodo-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:24 am 

Kodama gives a look back reading, I've been waiting patiently to talk to you and I know what I said.

He nods to Touki. His fellow monk's question being the pertinent one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next