It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Post subject: [Day 7 - EE] Heaven's Only Wishful
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:51 pm 

Now that he had fulfilled his basic duties, he could take a moment to get a good scrub down, he did his pre-bath cleansing to really get the dirt out and then once satisfied he entered the bath and relaxed. He had a bottle of sake there and a cup for good measure as this was a time to relax and maybe get a little warm after all the hard traveling from the last few days.

Another moment to toast his good fortune for being alive and to give silent thoughts to his wife and family and hope they were well. Perhaps he should go to a temple but really such places were so... pedestrian and filled with well-wishers that he preferred this brief moment of solitude.

Finishing a cup, a poured a second and hummed an old song to himself as he closed his eyes and thought of happier times. For now he had a fleeting moment of bliss and solitude.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Post subject: Re: [Day 7 - EE] Heaven's Only Wishful
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:24 pm 

While it was not the foremost of his duties, keeping clean was one of them. And so Touki found his way to the bath. He carefully completed the pre-wash, scrubbing every inch of himself thoroughly, methodically, before moving to the main bath.

Spotting the Asako, an observer would see Touki's eyes briefly narrow, then widen, then return to neutral. Even without the benefit of mons, he could recognize the famous inquisitor.

"Good evening, Asako-sama." He said in his deep voice, bowing just outside the bath. "This one is Akodo Touki." His greeting given, he eased himself into the water, sinking up to the middle of his muscled, slightly scarred chest.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 pm 

The Asako nodded eyes closed and said, “Akodo-san, welcome to a little slice of heaven.”

“Sake? I find it soothes the aches of the body and the heart.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm 

Touki considered this for a long moment, his expression blank. Finally, he gave a seated bow. "That is very kind of you, sir. I would be pleased to share it with you."

He sighed as he felt some of his aches ease, warmed by the water. "You are right about sake, sir. Although for the worst ills, I find that it only numbs."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:37 pm 

"Numbing may be the best we can hope for, Akodo-san, especially in these dark times but eh,” he said chuckling with a shrug in the water.

He poured sake for the man and then added, “So what is your story, Akodo-san. Everyone has a story, and to be here in this moment, surely it must be an interesting one.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:45 pm 

"Thank you, sir." Touki murmured, accepting the cup with both hands.

The question made him consider, frowning. "I am not sure, sir." Touki said; it seemed his speech tended towards the formal. "I expect my story is the same as many Lion. I was trained by my sensei in the Akodo style. I served in a small number of conflicts. I do my duty. That brought me here..." He waved a dripping hand.

After a moment, he almost smiled. "Now that I think about it, the details really do make a difference, don't they?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:52 pm 

"The devil is in the details as they say,” he replied warmly.

“But yes, it is often the details that matter,” he said with a shrug. “So how did you fare on the march?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:07 pm 

Touki shrugged. "Well enough. And yourself, sir? If you would share that part of your story."

He inclined his head. "I confess, I know some of the rest. Asako Kashiwagi-sama and his deeds are known to all of the Empire. And besides, my wife greatly enjoyed Asako Chidori's books." He had to remember not to say Miya Chidori.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 pm 

"I survive," he said warmly.

"My honored wife is a skilled writer, I have yet to meet someone that does not enjoy her tales."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:07 pm 

Touki nodded, acknowledging the first. "And thus, we continue to be of service to our lords." He said.

As for the second... another half smile. "You have not met one in me." He admitted. "I will admit to having been skeptical at first, but I tried one, and..." He spread his hands, still holding his sake cup. "Now I've read them all."

He took a tiny sip. "Ryoko Owari... did it really go like that?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:09 pm 

He wobbled his hand and replied, "I would say that the story has a healthy amount of the dramatic added when needed but some parts were probably downplayed. So I would say mostly but I was there, so I can aid you in sifting out the fact from the... polished facts."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:28 pm 

"Polished facts." Touki said dryly. "I visited Ryoko Owari once. Polished facts would seem to fit it."

He frowned. "I suppose... it sounded bad, sir. But that there were still heroes to be found. Is that true? Or was it not that bad?" He grimaced. "Or were there no heroes?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:31 pm 

"There were definitely heroes, and it was probably worse... and sadly not every hero got to walk away, alive," he responded.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 pm 

"For the hero there is no death." Touki intoned in his deep monotone.

After a few seconds, he raised his sake cup. "To fallen heroes." He said, pausing a moment to take a drink. "There will be more before this affair is done. The Ikoma will chronicle them. Along with a Kasuga I met."

He looked at Kashiwagi. "Were you there when the Emperor was killed, sir?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:00 pm 

"Indeed I was," he said honestly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:03 pm 

"I see." Touki said. For a time he was silent.

He cleared his throat. "It seems to me that losing the Emperor is a hard thing." Touki grimaced. "I mean, besides the obvious. I mean, the Emperor is... rather like the father to our Empire. I worry there are those who will not do well with his passing. Blasphemous slaying aside." He finished, tone dry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:13 pm 

"What do you mean?" he asked curiously. "That they will act rashly or descend into a morose depression?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:34 pm 

"Yes." Touki nodded. "Either. Both. More." He shrugged. "Perhaps you have seen, when someone has been dealt a terrible blow by fate. They may act strangely, for a time." For a moment, there was an ironic twist to his lips.

Clearing his throat, he went on. "When the Emperor was slain, the Empire was dealt such a blow. I suspect the resolve of many will be tested."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm 

"Even the Children of Heaven die, and a new Child will rise. There will be a time of mourning but a new Emperor will come, if someone falls into despair then they must believe such a cycle will not take place but the apparatus of bureaucracy will not allow it,” he said calmly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:32 am 

Touki shrugged. "They may anyway. There are many who think themselves brave until their courage is actually tested. It is the same for something like this."

After a few moments, Touki grimaced, shaking his head. "My apologies, Asako-sama. I shouldn't bring such dark conversation to a bath, not when we're sharing sake. I should talk of something more pleasant. Ummm..." Touki trailed off, scratching his head. He wasn't very good at cheerful conversation...