It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Show Must Go On [Day 3, Early Afternoon, Open]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:30 am 

Shosuro Uruwashii wrote:
Uruwashii smiles at the punchline, her gaze moving from one observer to the next, gauging their reactions.

Sara slowly moved towards her daimyo, her powder blue umbrella keeping the worst of the weather off of her. "Konnichiwa Shosuro-ue."

She smiled at the performances so far. Humor, the Scorpion's secret weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Of course, Of course. I must found some way to act with reciprocity.'' Nagiko nods to Homura, counter-replying her teasing. '' I don't know yet. To be sincere, i didn't had any plan when i arrived here, i just came because i wanted. I don't have any superior orders except the ones that i carry by default as a Mantis samurai.'' Nagiko shrugs.

"I'm sure something could be arranged Nagiko-san, as your stay is extended during this current situation" Homura winked at the woman "so let me know how I can be of assistance."

Nagiko wrote:
'' Indeed. When you are months in the middle of Suitengu-no-kami's domain, there's hardly anything else to do except indulge oneself in sake, i must say.'' Nagiko giggles. '' Though not me, at least not as frequently as the burly sailors of our kobune fleet.'' She adds.

I don't know, I can imagine a number of things I could indulge with, with someone like yourself...

"I haven't ever sailed, so I couldn't say what it's like. Your description does make it sound like quite a dull experience. Does the beauty of the sights around you not make it more interesting? One could try painting to capture the scene, ne?"

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Performance

Nagiko wrote:
And then came the second act of Bayushi-san. This time showing the contradiction of the Imperial bureaucracy in full display. A real show of wits and a somewhat criticism over it.

'' Bold '' Nagiko said. '' Some Otomo might be offended.'' She giggles

"Very bold" Homura commented, surprised "and to a Miya as well. I have a feeling the Togashi would be more confusing though."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:00 pm 

Of course Yukinaga was present at his brother's performance he was feeling a bit troubled from his encounter this morning but none the less decided to attend and get his mind off things at least for a little while.

His brothers first two scenes were interesting and Yuki sat with a small smile on his face enjoying the humor and letting it lighten the burden on his mind for a little bit.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:15 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Ohayo,Togashi-san! I have arrived to take down the imperial census!"

Something in the way he pronounced 'ohayo' might seem familiar to some in the crowd.

The Imperial princess eyes narrow. Something tells she knows that accent very well.

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Yosh!" He nodded. "Shall we begin?"

HE DID NOT! Horonigai shouts inwardly as she covers a dropping jaw with her hand.

As Degarashi repeatedly acts as if the Togashi was just being diligent and the Imperial upset, the anger stored against Tsukimi defying her command starts to boil up.

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi inclined his head. "Why, Miya-sama, I am merely reciting from this list!"

The girl presses her mouth tightly over her lips. Something in the way Degarashi acted triggered a contained laugh –– which Horonigai seals inside.

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Is ... is this a math problem?" he wondered at last. He tried counting on his fingers but this didn't seem to help.

Hearing Baatar, she takes an excuse to laught a bit, shaking her head negatively while trying to explain to him. "Iie, iee, Moto-san. He could have solved the problem immediately, but instead, dragged along making the honorable Imperial waste precious time. It is funny because the Togashi is acting dumb."

Well, she said it.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:46 pm 

Seitouna watches from the back as best as he is able.

Good work, Bayushi-san, he thinks, though he says nothing at present, his player having been distracted previously and he trying to catch up on things.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:52 pm 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Hearing Baatar, she takes an excuse to laught a bit, shaking her head negatively while trying to explain to him. "Iie, iee, Moto-san. He could have solved the problem immediately, but instead, dragged along making the honorable Imperial waste precious time. It is funny because the Togashi is acting dumb."

"Huh, okay," Baatar replied, still not seeing the humor in someone reciting a list of numbers. "I guess I'll never understand Dragons," he concluded, with a shake of his head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:07 pm 

After the punchline, the Tortoise smiled wide as he continued to flutter his fan. Oh, bureaucracy... he thought with an internal laugh, having dealt with much of that issue in and out of Otosan Uchi way too much over the past couple years.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:16 pm 

Norikami came, clean and fresh. Covered in his hat and cloak. He could hear Degarashi's recital and chuckled at the end.

two idiots wasting each other's time, what's not to laugh at?

When the thunder roared above he stopped a moment. That was shit, he didn't like that. You could make out people in the crowd because of their clan colors, but that was only the samurai. He was covered up, you couldn't pick him out unless you managed a good look, and in the rain it would be tough unless you were close. Anyone wanting to hide in this crowd would be able to with near impunity and he didn't like that a bit.

He went toward Lady Shosuro, he wanted to enjoy the performance but he also had to report.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:18 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
Norikami came, clean and fresh. Covered in his hat and cloak. He could hear Degarashi's recital and chuckled at the end.

two idiots wasting each other's time, what's not to laugh at?

When the thunder roared above he stopped a moment. That was shit, he didn't like that. You could make out people in the crowd because of their clan colors, but that was only the samurai. He was covered up, you couldn't pick him out unless you managed a good look, and in the rain it would be tough unless you were close. Anyone wanting to hide in this crowd would be able to with near impunity and he didn't like that a bit.

He went toward Lady Shosuro, he wanted to enjoy the performance but he also had to report.

Aya hoped that some of the storyteller's skill rubbed off on Noribaka. It would be sooo much better to listen to a story on the road that didn't end with, "And then we screwed like rabbits!"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:13 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I'm sure something could be arranged Nagiko-san, as your stay is extended during this current situation" Homura winked at the woman "so let me know how I can be of assistance."

Nagiko nods and offered a slight smile. She started fanning herself with certain tempo to it. Back and forth. Gently.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"I haven't ever sailed, so I couldn't say what it's like. Your description does make it sound like quite a dull experience. Does the beauty of the sights around you not make it more interesting? One could try painting to capture the scene, ne?"

'' After a lifetime on the seas, i imagine looking at water and only water all around you until the horizon must kind of become boring. I'm not a sailor though to say that is always the case, but, really when something strange or some event happens, like a storm or pirate attack, you could see the glitter on the sailors' eyes.'' She explained. '' It is almost as if they wanted those things to happen.''

'' For those non accustomed to it, indeed there is something special about the domain of Suitengu-no-kami. Some times it is the colors of the waters, sometimes it is the salty breeze.'' She adds.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"Very bold" Homura commented, surprised "and to a Miya as well. I have a feeling the Togashi would be more confusing though."

Nagoko giggles behind her fan. '' Indeed. A Togashi probably would had sounded more weird and strange. Numbers? I don't see them doing that.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:52 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' After a lifetime on the seas, i imagine looking at water and only water all around you until the horizon must kind of become boring. I'm not a sailor though to say that is always the case, but, really when something strange or some event happens, like a storm or pirate attack, you could see the glitter on the sailors' eyes.'' She explained. '' It is almost as if they wanted those things to happen.''

'' For those non accustomed to it, indeed there is something special about the domain of Suitengu-no-kami. Some times it is the colors of the waters, sometimes it is the salty breeze.'' She adds.

"You make it sound like attacks of piracy are commonplace Nagiko-san. While I can imagine they happen, it would surprise me if it was more than a rarity. How do they get vessels so easily, and why are they not handled by the Crane and the Mantis?" Homura looked thoughtful. "Perhaps the Lion needs to extend their naval presence some more."

There was a shake of the head.

"Ah, but those are not thoughts for a comedy show, ne? Forgive me."

Nagiko wrote:
Nagoko giggles behind her fan. '' Indeed. A Togashi probably would had sounded more weird and strange. Numbers? I don't see them doing that.''

"Something like this?"

Homura dropped her voice to a whisper.

"The Tao teaches us 'The temple road is wisdom's golden path'. By this, the answer to the population is clear" She held back a giggle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:03 pm 

Seeing Sara and Uruwashii together, he approached the ring of steel surrounding them. He kept his distance for then, but he made sure Sara saw him and Aya.

He bumped the Yogo.

"Bland-san ain't bad, eh?"

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:08 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"You make it sound like attacks of piracy are commonplace Nagiko-san. While I can imagine they happen, it would surprise me if it was more than a rarity. How do they get vessels so easily, and why are they not handled by the Crane and the Mantis?" Homura looked thoughtful. "Perhaps the Lion needs to extend their naval presence some more."

'' Criminals will always find a way to do their vicious trade. Like one band called the Serpents of Sanada. Many times my clan have dealt with them, to after a while, re-emerge from the shadows.'' She told her. '' Almost as if someone or some organization with power and no morals is helping them.'' She adds.

'' I have heard that here in the mainland there's a land based criminal band similar to the one we must deal on the seas. Forest Killers i think it is called?'' Nagiko made the comparison.

'' But don't you worry, Ikoma-san. Now with our new two fleets of improved kobune, the seas will be put in order and those criminals will be brought to justice. Wherever they are hidding or with whomever support they have. They will be hunted down.'' She adds.

Ikoma Homura wrote:
There was a shake of the head.

"Ah, but those are not thoughts for a comedy show, ne? Forgive me."

"Something like this?"

Homura dropped her voice to a whisper.

"The Tao teaches us 'The temple road is wisdom's golden path'. By this, the answer to the population is clear" She held back a giggle.

'' Hai, more like that.'' She giggles as well, behind her fan. '' Have never understood the Dragon if i must be sincere. Their ways are strange.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:18 pm 

At the end of his second story, Degarashi took a moment to breathe and settle himself. This next story might ruffle a few in the crowd more than the others.

Fluff Acting: 6d10o10k3 23

His nerves, or perhaps the cold, took a slightly stronger grip than usual.

He cleared his throat, then turned sharply to his left, voice gruff and gravelly. "Honorable Akodo-san, honorable Ikoma-san. The enemy possesses a devastating siege weapon. If their catapult is not destroyed, the damages to our city will be incalculable."

Degarashi slapped the cloth with the fan, pointing to it as if it held a map.

"My warriors will charge the center of their formation. Their defenses are formidable, but the Matsu will prevail, and crush them against their own machine!"

Degarashi turned sharply to his right, his voice high and thready, posture stiff and imperious.

"A valiant suggestion, but tactically unsound. Honorable Akodo-san, honorable Matsu-san,I suggest different action."

Here he moved the cloth and slapped it again.

"My scouts have noticed a weakness in the enemy lines, and stand ready to assault them with a hail of arrows from the woods. As their numbers dwindle, they will reinforce, weakening the unit as a whole. Their army will collapse with the barest push of our armies after that."

He turned left and snarled. "You waste time, honorable Ikoma-san! If we enact your plan the city will be rubble and our efforts wasted! We must act now!"

He turned right and scoffed. "The courage of the Matsu is great, honorable Matsu-san, but you waste lives. The very engine you would assault will devastate your army. I've no doubt your forces will crush them, but the cost is simply too great."

"Now is the time for action, honorable Ikoma-san!"

"Now is the time for discretion, honorable Matsu-san!""

Degarashi silently effected glaring at himself for a moment before turning to his left again. "What council would you offer, honorable Akodo-san?"

He turned forward, eyes cast slightly upwards, as if in thought. When he spoke, his voice was calmly neutral.

"I advise we move out of the path of that rock."

He turned right, surprised, and said, "What ro-"

POW!!

Degarashi snapped open his fan loudly, the sound rolling through the air with a sense of finality.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

Last edited by Bayushi Degarashi on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:20 pm 

Seitouna lifts a sleeve across his mouth at the performance, hiding laughter.

This, he thinks, I shall have to write down!

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 pm 

At that, Mogami gave a cheer and whistle, clapping.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:35 pm 

Again, Horonigai's backhand fly up to cover her mouth along with laughter.

"Ohohohohoho!"

She glances to watch the Lion samurai around. Her laughs becomes nearly unstoppable, as they are so many.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:42 pm 

That drew actual laughter from Chihaya, heartfelt, though she attempted to hide it behind her hand.

Perhaps it was the context, with war about to strike, but that sort of dark humor, along with the Akodo's calm observation, struck a chord.

Composing herself, she couldn't help but snicker as she contemplated the exaggerated expression Degarashi's face as he delivered the punchlines.

That was a memorable sight, even if his face was not.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:26 pm 

Touki didn't smile. He did, however, raise an eyebrow, glancing over at the peals of laughter coming from the Seppun princess.

He glanced back at his apparent rival. "What do you think of the performance, Bayushi-sama?" Sure, they were weird, but they were a familiar... person to talk to.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 pm 

"Such a thing is common among my clan. It's charming, but I wonder about its usefulness." Setsuna held up their hands. They were calloused due to handiwork. "These hands are meant for functional work. Think how much could be accomplished if every Kakita poet dedicated their life to such useful tasks instead of poetry."

And after that speech, Setsuna knelt down to grab some snow. It was so damn cold but the fiery passion more than balanced it out. "Touki-sama! Do you know the game of 'snowball?'"

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next