It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Post subject: Re: [D3, EE] Field Hospital
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:10 am 

The Hilsilage arrives with a few materials for healing.

"Good evening, samurai-samas. I have trained with several human healers and know how to treat these kinds of wounds."

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:23 am 

Events had moved fast, and he could not. But, as things slowed down a little, Hachi looked around. "Who might use the most help, that are in doubt? I will help any."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 pm 

Having done her duty to the fellow Lion, Kōgyoku remained outside, her wounds far less serious and so unworthy of diverting attention from those truly injured. The day was not done, there might be another attack after dusk, and so she had to steady herself to continue serving her Clan.

In a way, it was relishing, to have been in the battle again, to have felt the clarity it carried with it. Except... it had been her grandfather, or whatever had been left of his soul. Why was he not in Yomi? Why was he condemned to such a despicable afterlife, to assail, berate and belittle his own kin - and in Lady Matsu's name no less? Where was his honour? What was happening after death the Kitsu were not telling them about?

Kōgyoku was in pain, but not in physical one. She shed a tear in silence, obscured by her kabuto, drawing a line across blood and grime on her face.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 pm 

Touki gave the monk another stiff bow, and then turned to Chihaya. "Yes." He said simply, his eyebrows drawing down. "I feel... strange." He looked down at one hand, briefly clenching it, and then relaxing.

He looked back at Chihaya. "Suzume-sama..." He began, frowning. "Did any of the samurai appear... familiar to you? It sounded as though Matsu-sama recognized someone."

Touki's frown deepened. "Is Matsu-sama here? And the monk?" His voice carried beyond the walls of the tent as he looked about in confusion.

Bayushi Setsuna wrote:
"Touki-sama!" Setsuna announced, "Do not think that your injuries will stop our legendary rivalry."

The Bayushi rubbed the back of their head. "Uh, good job, though. But spirits still only count as people!"

Touki groaned, briefly burying his face in his hands.

When he lifted his face, his expression was bland. "Bayushi-sama. We shall face each other another day."

A short pause. "But... thank you."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

Last edited by Akodo Touki on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:30 pm 

"I'm here, Akodo-san. Please rest." Kōgyoku called from behind the flap, in a voice change by her internal struggles. She couldn't stop reliving the fight, and it tore a wound in her each time she was doing so. Shouldn't she have taken her grandfather's body to cremate it properly? What about his swords - were they even his?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm 

Kayou arrived, helping along some of the other wounded. While her clothes and armor were damaged and soaked, the nun herself seemed to have bounced back remarkably quickly.

She set about helping others as best she could.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 pm 

"Matsu-sama..." Touki trailed off, frowning. He hesitated a few moments. "If we could speak... I have a question, if you would do me the honor of answering it."

He glanced over, looking at Kayou, the sight of the monk growing familiar. "I am glad to see that you are well too, Monk-san." He said, bowing respectfully.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:52 pm 

Kōgyoku took out a cloth to wipe her face a little, steeled herself despite the strange iron grip on her diaphragm and a lump in her throat, and entered the tent. She wouldn't deny Touki's request. Bowing to those present, she approached his place of rest. "I'll do my best, Akodo-san." She looked at him with admiration and respect for how much he had done for their Clan on the battlefield.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm 

Kayou bowed to the Akodo. "This one is glad to see you recovering, Akodo-sama. The combat was fierce and our enemies fiercer. You did honor to you name and ancestors."

She bowed to Kōgyoku. "As did Matsu-sama who stood firmly before the wave of attackers."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:02 pm 

Chihaya answered his question with a negative shake of her head, but before she could reply, the conversation moved along.

Then everyone started congratulating each other around her and she wondered, as she often did, if her sparrow mons rendered her utterly invisible.

Mysterious effect they had on these great clan samurai - amusing, in an odd way.

Still, she'd done her job, and somehow come back with her entire team, and that, for her, was reward enough.

Leaning back against the wall with a soft clunk of metal on stone, she sighed contentedly, glad to take some weight off her feet. As adrenaline slowly drained away, she felt that hollow ache that would linger for hours, a strange after-slaughter melancholy.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:08 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya answered his question with a negative shake of her head, but before she could reply, the conversation moved along.

"I see." Touki murmured, frowning.

He bowed when Kōgyoku entered. "Matsu-sama. It was an honor to fight beside you today. And you, Suzume-sama." He bowed to each, and then to Kayou, though he did not speak when he did so.

He cleared his throat. "Matsu-sama... I apologize if this question is rude, but I must ask. Did you recognize one of the enemy? It seemed that you did." Touki's gaze dropped away. "As did I."

A glance to Chihaya, and Kayou. "Did you recognize anyone, Monk-san? I understand that Chihaya-sama did not." Another bow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:22 pm 

"Only from her past life, Akodo-sama," says Kayou carefully. "None from her time as a nun."

"This one is honored to have stood with such noble heroes against such dangerous foes," she says.

"Suzume-sama, may this one tell her Order of your heroism so that it may be shared with others in the Sparrow lands and beyond?"

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 pm 

Chihaya chuckled, and nodded. "Tell them I did my duty, as any Sparrow should."

With a nod to the others, she added, "I think the tale is for all four of us - a lesson of what can be accomplished when honorable samurai of any clan, great or small, stand side by side."

With a faint frown, she added, "I don't know many Matsu, so I doubt I would recognize any among the enemy... but if the both of you saw those you found familiar... it seems too much a coincidence. Could these spirits be tricking us somehow? Taking on the faces of those we admire?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:48 pm 

Miwako listened to the conversation as she continued to treat others as they were brought in. The battle had gone well and losses had been limited. Once more, she looked towards the Heavens, grateful for the rain.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:54 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"Only from her past life, Akodo-sama," says Kayou carefully. "None from her time as a nun."

"But..." Touki gave her a look, his features blank, but his eyes strangely intent, "there was someone you recognized?"

He looked back to Chihaya. "As you say, Suzume-sama." He cleared his throat. "It may be a trick. That makes as much sense as anything. It could not have been... who I saw. At least..." He hesitated, frowning. "It seems impossible."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:59 pm 

"It was indeed an honour to fight alongside you today, mina-san. Without you, the day wouldn't have been carried." She bowed to her fellow combatants, entering a mode of behaviour that allowed her to regain composure and push the turbulence inside aside.

"Akodo-san, you are correct. In the spirit I felled I had recognised the image of my own grandfather, Matsu Sushun, though little in his behaviour made me think of the forebear I had known before." She said quietly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:23 pm 

Kodama brought more water for everyone to drink who wanted it, bowing as he does so.

They are each given with an additional gift as well.

Matsu Kōgyoku, Akodo Touki, Suzume Chihaya, Kayou: All gain a void point back (or a second for those who earlier gained one.) Kodama spends one void point for the one time he couldn't quite get the right connection.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:30 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"Akodo-san, you are correct. In the spirit I felled I had recognised the image of my own grandfather, Matsu Sushun, though little in his behaviour made me think of the forebear I had known before." She said quietly.

Slowly, Touki nodded. "My wife was not a Matsu." He said. "So it seems even less likely that the woman that bore her features was her." He gave Kōgyoku a small bow. "It was likely not him, Matsu-sama."

He paused, then, as a thought occurred to him. "My wife was not a Matsu." He said slowly, frowning. "But some of her ancestors were."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:50 pm 

"But how unlikely that she should come here... unless there is some other force at play."

With as scowl, she looked at her hands.

I can think of a few in my own life who died in the midst of carnage and betrayal...

"If it was truly them, how would they have found you both?"

And will you come for me, in turn?

Will I have to kill you twice?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:41 pm 

"The ways of the spirit realms are mysterious indeed," says Kayou. "But this one suspects that the Steel Chrysanthemum will use any strategy, no matter how vile, if he feels it will bring him victory."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan