It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:19 pm 

"Many that take on courtly duties from the Dragon would be, hai. I was honored to be schooled by the Miya Heralds instead however. My father was born a Seppun, and his family helped see me into a courtier school as a favor to him." She decided a question back was fair, for learning. "Did you have a sensei to call your own ronin-san?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:21 pm 

Horonigai's fan goes over her face while she gets a short glimpse of Poemu. She returns facing Iko and Tsukimi instantly after that.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:25 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Many that take on courtly duties from the Dragon would be, hai. I was honored to be schooled by the Miya Heralds instead however. My father was born a Seppun, and his family helped see me into a courtier school as a favor to him." She decided a question back was fair, for learning. "Did you have a sensei to call your own ronin-san?"

She shelved the information that Poemu had been trained by the Heralds. They were the voices of the Emperor, considered sacrosanct and above the hand of any in the empire, sacred because without them, the word of the empire could not travel. None but the most sacrilegious cur even among ronin would touch a hair on their heads for fear of the reprisal.

There was a tinge of bitterness, or perhaps it was sadness in her tone when she nodded. "I had a sensei once, yes. To walk the paths of the kami with little to no education is perilous, risky and rarer than even one such as I. Few are they who pick up old prayer scrolls and find themselves able to do it. But I and my sensei have not spoken in some time."

For the briefest of seconds, Mari felt the attention of another near them. She glanced around, face uncertain and then went back to speaking to the Agasha. She was probably beneath their notice, whoever they were.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:32 pm 

Wasako gave a few passing nods at Kitamaru's creditials, the mention of yojimbo and guard had her remember about Bayushi Norikami's own asperations. Potentially this was such a Scorpion who managed to live up to that childhood dream? She wondered whatever happened to Norikami, it seemed he just up and vanished after they arrived at Nikesake.

"It sounds like you're quite an asset to the Scorpion Clan, Shosuro-san."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 pm 

Poemu knew enough about ronin that to ask more than she had of Mari's training would be unkind. Still, she could not help looking a touch surprised. "You speak with the kami Mari-san? I had heard of ronin that did so before, but only as rumors and tales. I should not be surprised I suppose, but... that is a rare talent indeed, even among shugenja family. The Agasha have never been large for that reason."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:39 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
"I served as a yojimbo and guard in the district court of Juramashi in the capital. Though I was raised in the shadow of Shiro no Shosuro, I am a student of the Bayushi style and have been honored by sensei of that school twice since my gemppuku. I have studied war, I am versed in politics."

It was a great deal for Kitamaru to say, but the Scorpion had practice in giving credentials on demand.

Touki's eyebrows went up a little. "I shall pass your words onto my superiors." He said, bowing again.

After a few moments of consideration, he nodded. "I will say that someone with your experience will likely have some idea of where you are best needed. As the Lion and Scorpion are allies, I expect we can extend some amount of trust for your judgement."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 pm 

Chen drifted over to where some dragons and an imperial were speaking. Listening intently to the one who spoke up in defense of the Returned Hantei. Watching the exchanges with great detail.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:48 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu knew enough about ronin that to ask more than she had of Mari's training would be unkind. Still, she could not help looking a touch surprised. "You speak with the kami Mari-san? I had heard of ronin that did so before, but only as rumors and tales. I should not be surprised I suppose, but... that is a rare talent indeed, even among shugenja family. The Agasha have never been large for that reason."

She managed a little smile. "I am a shugenja and a healer, yes. You aren't wrong. To find a wave-man with a gift for the speaking of the kami of any stripe is rarer than a hen's tooth. Rarer still is one who does it without formal training. I most often focus upon prayers to the Earth and Water kami, as that is what I am called upon to do." She'd definitely heard of the Agasha's fame as a powerful family of shugenja so she had assumed until Poemu had said otherwise earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 pm 

She nodded softly. "Okaa-san speaks to the earth kami as well. When I was young, I felt ashamed I could not speak to them as she did, but I found my place before too long, and no longer feel the same sin."

"Ano... I have heard before of ronin marrying into great clans that show talent of note. A healer and shugenja of the earth are noteworthy talents indeed." Always with the marriage meddling. Still, it DID make some sense in the given situation...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:05 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
It seemed a strange request, Tsukimi thought. "So you're arguing the other side because someone asked you to?"

"I pledged my honour to assist Yasuki-san when she needed it, and she could not be here to argue her points, so I serve as her mouthpiece. It is a small thing to do, for there is some merit to it. I do not expect to sway much opinion, but no decision should be made blindly, without due thought to the other side."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai's fan goes over her face while she gets a short glimpse of Poemu. She returns facing Iko and Tsukimi instantly after that.

"Seppun-sama, may we welcome you to our table? I apologise that we have only water to offer."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:05 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
She nodded softly. "Okaa-san speaks to the earth kami as well. When I was young, I felt ashamed I could not speak to them as she did, but I found my place before too long, and no longer feel the same sin."

"Ano... I have heard before of ronin marrying into great clans that show talent of note. A healer and shugenja of the earth are noteworthy talents indeed." Always with the marriage meddling. Still, it DID make some sense in the given situation...

Oh kami blighted... MARRIAGE?!? She couldn't conceal the momentary horror in her features when that word was mentioned related to her. It took meditative focus to stamp it down, and for a split second she had the look of a deer caught in headlights. Fortunes, had she just sat down next to a matchmaker instead of an ambassador? Preserve her and a potential husband from the fate of one such as she in a marriage bed. Poemu had no idea what she was suggesting.

Her laugh was nervous when she reached up to scratch her head, and her voice a little halting. "Aheh, I have ... heard of such a thing. And I am told men and women of talent... are sometimes offered it for good service by powerful families." It was an Isawa tactic to keep real shugenja of power out of random circulation and under control. "B...ut I fear I am terrible marriage fodder. M...much as I would be flattered, m...my pilgrimage would dictate I best decline."

( Sincerity (Deceit) + +1k1 for Gullible = 60! It's just about the pilgrimage, honest samurai! Nothing to see here. Ignore the Onyx Bargain in the background!)

Last edited by Mari on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:09 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Seppun-sama, may we welcome you to our table? I apologise that we have only water to offer."

"Mizu?" She closes her fan, and provides a short shrug of acceptance. With another short bow, she takes a seat. "I think water will excellent. Thank you for your kindness minna-san."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:23 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"I pledged my honour to assist Yasuki-san when she needed it, and she could not be here to argue her points, so I serve as her mouthpiece. It is a small thing to do, for there is some merit to it. I do not expect to sway much opinion, but no decision should be made blindly, without due thought to the other side."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:

She thought it a very odd request still, especially with the way it had been handled, but Tsukimi decided to put faith in Iko's words and that Iko didn't truly support the returned Hantei.

"Seppun-sama," Tsukimi bowed to the Imperial. "You're more than welcome here."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
]Touki's eyebrows went up a little. "I shall pass your words onto my superiors." He said, bowing again.

After a few moments of consideration, he nodded. "I will say that someone with your experience will likely have some idea of where you are best needed. As the Lion and Scorpion are allies, I expect we can extend some amount of trust for your judgement."

It was possible this Lion didn't know how dangerous those words were to say to a Shosuro.

Though being that their clans were allies, it was possible Touki did know.

Kitamaru nodded, seeming to understand.
Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
"It sounds like you're quite an asset to the Scorpion Clan, Shosuro-san."
"Hardly", was the only reply. It even sounded slightly terse.

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

Last edited by Shosuro Kitamaru on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 pm 

Mari wrote:
Oh kami blighted... MARRIAGE?!? She couldn't conceal the momentary horror in her features when that word was mentioned related to her. It took meditative focus to stamp it down, and for a split second she had the look of a deer caught in headlights. Fortunes, had she just sat down next to a matchmaker instead of an ambassador? Preserve her and a potential husband from the fate of one such as she in a marriage bed. Poemu had no idea what she was suggesting.

Her laugh was nervous when she reached up to scratch her head, and her voice a little halting. "Aheh, I have ... heard of such a thing. And I am told men and women of talent... are sometimes offered it for good service by powerful families." It was an Isawa tactic to keep real shugenja of power out of random circulation and under control. "B...ut I fear I am terrible marriage fodder. M...much as I would be flattered, m...my pilgrimage would dictate I best decline."

( Sincerity (Deceit) - 53 It's just about the pilgrimage, honest samurai! Nothing to see here. Ignore the Onyx Bargain in the background!)

There was something more to Mari's words, but Poemu trusted the ronin's words at face value. Still, even if she didn't think Mari was lying, it was impossible to miss that one word. She flushed softly.

"Ah, I did not know. If it is a-- I understand." She gave a sheepish smile. "Still, perhaps when it is over... I think you do yourself a disservice as to your ability and talent. You would make a good wife one day despire what you think, I'm certain."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
There was something more to Mari's words, but Poemu trusted the ronin's words at face value. Still, even if she didn't think Mari was lying, it was impossible to miss that one word. She flushed softly.

"Ah, I did not know. If it is a-- I understand." She gave a sheepish smile. "Still, perhaps when it is over... I think you do yourself a disservice as to your ability and talent. You would make a good wife one day despite what you think, I'm certain."

She gave her a said, small smile. "Oh perhaps when the pilgrimage has concluded I will consider it, Agasha-sama." Her composure was recovering again now. The woman looked perceptive, but she'd always been a very good spinner of yarns in more ways than one. She leaned just a fraction closer and lowered her voice, not so close that it would be improper, but still. "Yes, it is a Musha Shugyo, if that is what you mean." A warrior's pilgrimage. It changed nothing of her status, but it did imply a few things about why she was ronin, things which may or may not have been entirely accurate.

"Forgive me for asking if you had mentioned it before, but are you yourself married?" Focus back on Agasha in 3...2...1.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:00 pm 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
It was possible this Lion didn't know how dangerous those words were to say to a Shosuro.

Though being that their clans were allies, it was possible Touki did know.

Kitamaru nodded, seeming to understand.

Touki returned the nod, although whether he was acknowledging Kitamaru's understanding, or letting Kitamaru know that he understood Kitamaru's understanding probably wasn't quite clear.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Seppun-sama," Tsukimi bowed to the Imperial. "You're more than welcome here."

"Domo arigatou, ne, Togashi-san." She replies and looks up to the Scorpion.

Bayushi Chen wrote:
Chen drifted over to where some dragons and an imperial were speaking. Listening intently to the one who spoke up in defense of the Returned Hantei. Watching the exchanges with great detail.

"Seppun Horonigai-desu. House of the Abdicators. Hajime mashite. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." She pours some water on a cup, and both hands, offers. "Mizu?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:12 pm 

Well aren't we popular today., Iko thought as she looked to Tsukimi while the area around the table swelled with new guests.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:17 pm 

Chen bowed low and grabbed the cup he smiled brightly to Horonigai "Arigato Seppun-sama." He says as he takes the water "This one is Bayushi-chen and I simply saw what appeared to be a spirited debate and merely wished to observer. I apologize if i disturbed you Minna-sama!"

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next