It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Post subject: Re: [D2 - EA] The Storm and the Cherry Blossom (Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:53 am 

"That's a good point." He replied with a soft chuckel and a shake of his. Though really he was unsure if he really would ever ride on an orochi, it seemed a rather difficult task to accomplish. "Though I probably wouldn't spend much time riding it into ports, so many of those mainlanders might be unaware of the fact."

He picked up a riceball and took a bite. "I suppose I can, though I'm a bit curious as to what stories you're referring to. There are more then a few tales sailors tell, and only some of them are true."

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:27 am 

'' Stories like about sea monsters that lure sailors into the deeps, for example '' Nagiko smiles as she explained. '' I heard quite of them from kobune sailors when i have travelled through the seas, but i have never met any of those.'' She said.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:17 pm 

"Nor I, thankfully." Osamu replied with a shake of his head. "I've no doubt that some of them exist though. Like the Ningyo for example. Humanoid creatures that are part fish, much like the naga are part snake."

"My uncle spotted one in his youth, it seemed to have been collecting oysters along the coast of a uninhabited island his ship had stopped at. The creature disappeared into the depths when it spotted him, but he assured me he saw it with his own eyes."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:36 pm 

'' Heh, interesting.'' She said casually as she continues to pet the neko neko. '' Have your family be tied to the seas for generations, Osamu-san? My family has only recently joined the Mantis so, while i got my education from them there is still much i need to know about the clan.'' She said to him.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:22 pm 

"Yes, since long before my grandfather's time." Osamu offered with a nod. "The sea is in our blood you could say, and most of my close relatives prefer not to spend too much time away from it."

"I suppose I can help you learn a bit more about us as a clan though." He was somewhat used to new members after all. "I might not be able to explain things as well as some others, but I can try "

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:23 am 

'' If it not bothers you, then it will be a honor.'' Nagiko replied. She had never been too tied to the clan itself. For once, she liked what in most mantis circles were called 'crane' arts, like well, the arts itself. She did also fight with a katana instead of how her fellow clan members prefered knives, the kusari-gama and the kama in particular.

'' I, for example, still don't know how to proceed with regards of our enemies. Our lord, from what i understand is bidding his time to strike at the Tortoise. I guess this would be a good moment, right?'' Nagiko asked. '' Without an reigning Son of Heavens there's nobody to stop our fleet attacking Tortoise assets, right?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:42 pm 

"I couldn't say I know the mind of our Lord so completely to answer that for him." Osamu replied after a moment. He waa really unsure if this was the proper place to discuss this though.

"It could be seen as a opportunity though, and not by us alone. I wouldn't be surprised if several clans made moves during this Chaos."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 pm 

'' Indeed. I also think that many clans will move their forces. Old grudges run deep among them.'' She adds as she finished her ramen and rice balls.

'' But to be sincere i don't understand any of those things. So...'' She shrugs. '' I don't even know what to do with the Tortoise people around here. I have seen some lurking around, but not met any of them.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:20 pm 

The Tortoise were enemy's, that so far had not changed. Still there were circumstances to take into account here, "They are not our friends, Nagiko-san, and it's wise to remember that. Still we really don't have a need to do anything to them, at least not directly." He ran a hand through his hair the frown normally present on his lips fading away for a moment. "We don't want to risk angering the Lion by doing anything overt after all."

"Now if we see an opening we can take advantage of with little risk, that's another matter all together though."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 am 

'' I see, well i have not found any reason to even approach them.'' She shrugs. '' Not one seem to be interesting, at least at first glance.'' She giggles.

'' But who knows what they hide under their shell.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:33 am 

Osamu smirked at that. "You know, I'm not to sure I care to look."

He finished up his own meal. "Though if any of them convince you they may indeed be interesting. Do feel free to let me know. Such an oddity deserved to be seen. At least once."