It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:18 pm

Post subject: Re: [D2 EN] A Late Meeting (Open)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Most mountainous terrain will have at least a few narrow passes that can be held with fewer men against a superior force. If you're hoping to perform a delaying action, I'd need more detailed maps, or someone with intimate knowledge of the area."

Iko pointed at the map, to display the generic nature of the area in question.

"We can get those details for you."

He calls out loudly to get one of the guards to look in the door, and he sends him to fetch more detailed maps of the mountains south of the city.

"It is an eventuality I'd rather prepare for while we have time."

He looks to the Sparrow. "You are welcome to join the discussion, Suzume-san. I had just assumed the Dragon would be the most knowledgeable about fighting in the mountains."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:04 pm 

"Of course - the Suzume hills are not quite mountains - and our tactics in defending them rely heavily upon our intimate knowledge of the terrain. I am not certain they would apply here."

Chihaya nodded to Iko. "I believe Togashi-san can give useful feedback on this matter... that being said, I wished to confirm with you what role you would have me take. In aiding the preparation within the city, would you have me recruit those among the refugees willing to fight, or would you have me train levy drawn from the city as a whole? In either case, I would require an inventory of available equipment to outfit them with - if any is to be spared."

She gave a small nod toward the map of the city. "I do not wish to have any clashes of authority with your garrison - I do not wish to be a distraction to them, so I only ask for you to give me a clear mandate in whatever matter you believe will be most helpful to you and this city. Whether that be raising or training a levy, or simply lending advice or encouragement to your soldiers from an old campaigner."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:24 pm 

When the maps arrive, Iko pores over them intently dragging her finger over certain sections trying to formulate plans depending on what she saw of the army at Morikage Toshi and estimates of what they had here to work with.

It didn't look good. They'd never be able to hold out for long, but a dedicated force might be able to buy time, maybe a day here or there.

She was deep in thought as Chihaya and the governor continued to talk.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:01 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Of course - the Suzume hills are not quite mountains - and our tactics in defending them rely heavily upon our intimate knowledge of the terrain. I am not certain they would apply here."

Chihaya nodded to Iko. "I believe Togashi-san can give useful feedback on this matter... that being said, I wished to confirm with you what role you would have me take. In aiding the preparation within the city, would you have me recruit those among the refugees willing to fight, or would you have me train levy drawn from the city as a whole? In either case, I would require an inventory of available equipment to outfit them with - if any is to be spared."

She gave a small nod toward the map of the city. "I do not wish to have any clashes of authority with your garrison - I do not wish to be a distraction to them, so I only ask for you to give me a clear mandate in whatever matter you believe will be most helpful to you and this city. Whether that be raising or training a levy, or simply lending advice or encouragement to your soldiers from an old campaigner."

"If you can focus on preparing the refugees, that would be best. Those who live in the city are already trained together, so adding a new unit will be easier than trying to reconfigure current command structures. Then, we could either send that unit to protect the refugees or to aid in protecting the city, depending on how quickly they are ready and where the greatest needs lay."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:06 pm 

Chihaya nodded.

"Then that is what I will do."

Rising, she bowed deeply until dismissed, and then left to begin her preparations.

/exit.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:42 pm 

When Chihaya left, Iko turned to Kendo and pointed out a few strategic passes on the improved map. Four to be precise.

"These are the chokepoints, narrow winding gorges, high walls. Easy to take the high ground and pepper the enemy forces with arrows while a small force blockades the path. Defensive combat while we whittle down their numbers. It will still be bloody, but possible."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description