It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:03 am

Post subject: Re: [D2-EN] Dancing snow, hidden mantis [open]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:58 am 

Kanade stood and waited patiently. She considered casting a spell to aid the lions but that glance from the male was all to telling.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:06 am 

As Myo-en reaches toward the staggering man, he stumbles forward, falling to the ground and exposing the bones that were jutting out of his broken leg. His face is flushed and beaded with sweat, and his eyes are clouded over, almost like someone with severe cataracts.

"I can't wake up..." he mutters, his hand groping weakly for the knife at his belt. "She won't let me wake up..."

Ikoma Sugimoto wrote:
((If there is a way to lower Toshiko down safely, Sugimoto would do so))
"Be careful. If they draw steel....."
She knew what to do

Sugimoto finds some rope and begins slowly lowering Toshiko down to the ground, but it's a slow process...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:22 am 

Mindshred wrote:
As Myo-en reaches toward the staggering man, he stumbles forward, falling to the ground and exposing the bones that were jutting out of his broken leg. His face is flushed and beaded with sweat, and his eyes are clouded over, almost like someone with severe cataracts.

"I can't wake up..." he mutters, his hand groping weakly for the knife at his belt. "She won't let me wake up..."

"Wake up?" Myo-en's dark eyes widen and she closes the remaining distance quickly as the wounded man collapses. "Easy, friend, easy. You're hurt, I think you've hurt your head too. You've had a bad fall." She intercepts his hand on the way to the knife, if she can.

It's at this point that a yell from atop the wall about infiltrators pierces the air. This vague person? An infiltrator? Myo-en's focus shifts from (inexpertly) assessing his injuries to trying to tell more about the man himself. Is he a samurai? A tradesman? Does he have anything suspicious on his person?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:28 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
"Wake up?" Myo-en's dark eyes widen and she closes the remaining distance quickly as the wounded man collapses. "Easy, friend, easy. You're hurt, I think you've hurt your head too. You've had a bad fall." She intercepts his hand on the way to the knife, if she can.

It's at this point that a yell from atop the wall about infiltrators pierces the air. This vague person? An infiltrator? Myo-en's focus shifts from (inexpertly) assessing his injuries to trying to tell more about the man himself. Is he a samurai? A tradesman? Does he have anything suspicious on his person?

The man is middle-aged and clad in dark clothing lacking any mons.

(Investigation (Notice)/Perception TN 30)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:33 am 

While she made efforts to keep any of those yet around them calm, the tattoo on her shoulder shimmered on her skin. Around her she could feel the presence of those she might not even see.

(OOC: 20ft, knowing rough details and presence of any living beings within that range)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:35 am 

"Mai-san, did you see anyone else fall?" Myo-en asks as an afterthought, removing the man's knife from harm's way...

--
D2 EN-- Investigation(Notice)/Per, TN 30, Void I guess!: 7d10o10k5 37
Spooky monk sees all!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:46 am 

"Other than those that fell with him, none, Myo-en-sama," she responded over her shoulder, breaking her focus only momentarily.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:51 am 

Togashi Mai wrote:
While she made efforts to keep any of those yet around them calm, the tattoo on her shoulder shimmered on her skin. Around her she could feel the presence of those she might not even see.

(OOC: 20ft, knowing rough details and presence of any living beings within that range)

Other than a few cowering refugees who are too sick or injured to flee, there wasn't anyone that seemed to be dressed like the hidden man or any who were acting overly suspicious.

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
"Mai-san, did you see anyone else fall?" Myo-en asks as an afterthought, removing the man's knife from harm's way...

--
D2 EN-- Investigation(Notice)/Per, TN 30, Void I guess!: 7d10o10k5 37
Spooky monk sees all!

The man has the rough, tanned skin of someone who spends hours every summer beneath the hot sun. His hair is short, shaved almost down to the scalp, and there are hints of a tattoo on his chest, peeking out from beneath his shirt. It didn't look like the high quality work one would receive from a Togashi, but rather the crude, rough line work denoting some Ronin brotherhood or similar organization. He carried a daisho, but it was partially obscured beneath his traveling cloak; the saya was rough, worn, and somewhat cheap-looking.

The man's eyes remain unfocused, as if staring past Myo-en into the distance at something only he can see.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:56 am 

Togashi Mai wrote:
"Other than those that fell with him, none, Myo-en-sama," she responded over her shoulder, breaking her focus only momentarily.

"He wasn't the only one? How many? Did you see where they went?" Myo-en is observant by nature, but she'd been busy lashing the shelter together; as the bright flash faded she'd been pretty sure she saw someone falling, but she hadn't been able to count.

Mindshred wrote:
The man has the rough, tanned skin of someone who spends hours every summer beneath the hot sun. His hair is short, shaved almost down to the scalp, and there are hints of a tattoo on his chest, peeking out from beneath his shirt. It didn't look like the high quality work one would receive from a Togashi, but rather the crude, rough line work denoting some Ronin brotherhood or similar organization. He carried a daisho, but it was partially obscured beneath his traveling cloak; the saya was rough, worn, and somewhat cheap-looking.

The man's eyes remain unfocused, as if staring past Myo-en into the distance at something only he can see.

Well, he probably isn't in any state to harm her, but Myo-en tugs the cloak over the daisho to make a quick draw more challenging anyway. "My friend, can you see me? What's your name? Who is it that won't let you wake up?"

He doesn't seem fevered, exactly, but he's acting almost like a person in a delirium. Should she fear contagion?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:04 am 

"If there were, there are none now," she shrugged, maybe it was a trick of the light? Mai wasn't certain, she'd thought she had seen others with the first but.. she could not speak confidently.

"May, I believe that they may have simply used the refugees as cover if they are any bit suspicious because those around us are merely the wounded and terrified mob. May that is all that I saw, or they too have disappeared among those scattered here."

Mai continued her vigil, lest the surrounding refugees believe this their chance at providence.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:12 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
Well, he probably isn't in any state to harm her, but Myo-en tugs the cloak over the daisho to make a quick draw more challenging anyway. "My friend, can you see me? What's your name? Who is it that won't let you wake up?"

He doesn't seem fevered, exactly, but he's acting almost like a person in a delirium. Should she fear contagion?

The man coughs out a laugh, the effort of it shaking his entire body. "It's not real... this isn't real..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:21 am 

Kanade carefully approaches the area where she saw the climbers. Not having much better to do, she tried to get the attention of a local water kami in the snowfall.

Commune=16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:23 am 

Seeing out of the corner of her eye that someone official-ish appears to be descending the wall, Myo-en turns her head and calls out in a louder voice, "There's an injured man over here, the one that fell!"

Lowering her voice again and trying to sound reassuring, she says to the wounded man, "I am as real as you are"--calmly, though the set of her muscles grows more tense. Cautiously, she tries touching the man's hand. "Please, tell me your name."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:34 am 

Kanade wrote:
Kanade carefully approaches the area where she saw the climbers. Not having much better to do, she tried to get the attention of a local water kami in the snowfall.

Commune=16

The snow swirls around in front of Kanade, forming a small whorl of twisting ice crystals.

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
Lowering her voice again and trying to sound reassuring, she says to the wounded man, "I am as real as you are"--calmly, though the set of her muscles grows more tense. Cautiously, she tries touching the man's hand. "Please, tell me your name."

The man's clouded eyes stare up at Myo-en in growing confusion. "I... I don't have..." His eyelids flutter as his back spasms, the blood from his leg wound staining the snow beneath them crimson. "I can't wake up..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:41 am 

Kanade's hand traces the outline of the crystals lightly. "Kami-sama... this one seeks your wisdom. Perhaps, you have seen those who have travelled through here this night. Especially any that may be unfamiliar to you?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:51 am 

Finally arriving on the ground the Ikoma brushed herself off quickly and made sure her kimono was in place. Wouldn't do to have an accidental loss of face in front of guests.

Then she stalked over going through her scroll collection in the hopes that at least one of them would be helpful. "Is he alive? Are they talking? What is their name?" Toshiko barks out harsher than she had intended distracted by the duel process of gathering information and attempting to figure out which prayer would be optimal.

Carries: Scrolls, ink & brush, paper, small mirror, fan, pearl.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:53 am 

Mindshred wrote:
The man's clouded eyes stare up at Myo-en in growing confusion. "I... I don't have..." His eyelids flutter as his back spasms, the blood from his leg wound staining the snow beneath them crimson. "I can't wake up..."

"Shh. It's all right. Soon this will be over, and you'll wake up. Maybe someplace better."

Myo-en has a suspicion that a compound fracture that high up the leg is far beyond her extremely rudimentary first-aid skills, but she has to do something anyway. She unwinds one of the grubby wrappings protecting her hands from the cold and, with already-numb fingers, tries to twist it into a tourniquet above the man's injury.

Ikoma Toshiko wrote:
Finally arriving on the ground the Ikoma brushed herself off quickly and made sure her kimono was in place. Wouldn't do to have an accidental loss of face in front of guests.

Then she stalked over going through her scroll collection in the hopes that at least one of them would be helpful. "Is he alive? Are they talking? What is their name?" Toshiko barks out harsher than she had intended distracted by the duel process of gathering information and attempting to figure out which prayer would be optimal.

"He hasn't told us his name... Lion-san?" Hands working, Myo-en can't really look up long enough to properly identify this woman. "I'm not sure he can. He keeps saying he can't wake up."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:56 am 

Kanade wrote:
Kanade's hand traces the outline of the crystals lightly. "Kami-sama... this one seeks your wisdom. Perhaps, you have seen those who have travelled through here this night. Especially any that may be unfamiliar to you?"

The snow whorl sinks down to the ground, spreading out into a small sheet of ice that displays images of the hooded figures that had attempted to climb down the wall. Then the images vanish as the ice breaks apart, returning to a normal pile of snow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:02 am 

Ooc: roughly how many did I see and are they all just wearing nondescript black clothing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 am 

"Ikoma-Toshiko-nice-to-meet-you," she says all in one breath as she reaches the Dragon's side. "Ok, so elevate the leg and...you already started the tourniquet good. He is talking about dreaming?"

The Ikoma leans slightly forward but not too close to see if he looks familiar. Likely not.

"Sir, who is keeping you in the dream?" Hopefully that got a response.

Carries: Scrolls, ink & brush, paper, small mirror, fan, pearl.