It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:05 am

Post subject: Re: The Die Is Cast (Day 2, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:32 am 

The Dragon listened calmly, taking deep and slow breaths that were then released into the night air as cloudy wisps.

"My condolances," she offered first, her tone low.

"But the failings of the Seppun is not yours to bear, Matsu-sama. Only Seppun Horonigai can be responsible for her own shortcomings, just as you can only be responsible for your own. If she tries to tear you down, then you need only speak the truth to your lord. Shimizu-dono is a wiser and kinder leader than you might give him credit for."

Where Mogami's eyes were cold, Tsukimi's had a sense of serenity to them.

"But in the end, you must find your own path through life. The Little Teacher teaches us that just because he found enlightenment by following his path, doesn't mean that we will find the same by following the steps of those before us."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:38 am 

"Even though my lord is wise, she is one of the Kuge. Her word is worth more than mine, and I cannot deny I had a break of my composure."

Mogami closes her eyes.

"Who knew that my first true order would be one so terrifying. There is still much for me to learn. "

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:41 am 

"True, but did she not lose composure as well?" Tsukimi retorted, somewhat amused. If asked, she would had probably said so to Shimizu Kendo as well. If the Doji would... that was another matter, but he seemed to have caught on as well.

"We can never truly be prepared for what life brings us. Especially not in times of war or combat," she looked over the girl with some curiosity. "Am I correct to guess this will be your first time seeing battle?"

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:43 am 

"One as large as this, yes. I have otherwise just been in skirmish. And yourself?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:03 am 

"Hmm... many small skirmishes. No war. At least not one given any official name. But I fought your clan when defending the borders of my clan, during the time when the late Emperor had secluded himself in our mountains," Tsukimi shares honestly without any sign of hostility or negative emotion at the conflict.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:08 am 

"Much to learn from those skirmishes. Mountain passes, elevation, logistics of supplies. I still have a hard time believing one so young could defeat anyone in a Iaijutsu match, but it proved heaven was on your side. We may have need of those lessons, should the city fall and we have to withdraw to the south."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:17 am 

"That depends on how well prepared the forces are to fight a retreat in mountain passes."

Tsukimi's brow knitted together in thought for a moment. "It Toshi no Omoidoso falls, the mountain-passes should be collapsed and filled. It won't stop this army, but they will be forced to reroute and waste time. As living beings, they might also still have a need for food and water."

The worry seemed to ease away for a moment. "Know that flesh cannot mark steel. Know that steel may mark flesh.”"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:28 am 

"Collapsing a mountain seems quite difficult, but I agree that if it can be done, it would be wise."

Mogami takes in a deep breath.

"Rest well tonight, Togashi-san. From my understanding, once everything begins, proper rest will be nearly impossible."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:19 pm 

The monk nodded. "“While you rest, your enemy practices.”

A brief pause before she gave a smile. "Good night, Matsu-sama. Fortunes carry you and watch over you."

With that, the Togashi bowed and stepped away, intent on finding her fellow Dragons to do some... charitable shenanigans.

/exit