It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Post subject: Re: [D2 LM The Floating Petals Tea House] Sting like a scorp
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 pm 

Yukinaga listened to the two reports and nodded. He didnt fully believe that Shosuro-ue had no ulterior motive in this crisis then to simply back the Empress but to call into question her sincerity in even this setting would be folly. Sukekage's report brought little good news but nothing he hadn't anticipated based on his own preliminary findings the past few days he's been here.

Yuki thought for a moment "Well it is good to hear Shosuro-ue agrees with the course of action we were all undoubtedly already on, more guidance would have been desired but she is likely busy recovering from the ordeal many of you have suffered through."

He took another drink of tea enjoying the flavor and scent of the beverage "As for what we shall do for now it seems we are in an ok location but not an ideal one, we must search for any advantage in the coming conflict each of you has their own skills and specialties to use in serving the clan and I would call upon those to gather information, root out any traitors both among the refugees and those already in the city. Look for anything that can help us obviously during the fight but as always looking for a way for the scorpion to gain something out of all this. If we find something that saves the city the lion will surely be in our debt or if we happen to find something that stops the returned our clan can leverage that for even greater gain."

He took a breath "has anyone noticed anything already or gathered any useful intelligence so far?" It would be best if they were all on the same page and didnt go diving down rabbits holes another has already tested and found empty.

He noted his brother's gesture and motioned for him to speak.

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:22 pm 

"While those left outside, abandoned to hunger and the cold, are far more likely to turn on the city that rejected them and join the usurper's forces," reminds Sukekage. "Those with nothing to lose make the most dangerous enemies - paraphrasing, I believe, from Little Truths. Those brought into the city who are planning on betrayal, though, have quite a bit to lose, and must act in the shadows - our favored territory. Perhaps you require training in tactics, Yogo-san, as you do respect and discipline?"

There's that hard edge again.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 pm 

Once given leave to speak, and without interrupting Sukekage, Degarashi began to speak on some of his findings. "Yukinaga-sama, Sukekage-sama. In regards to the egress from the city and the lockdown placed upon it. I believe we all agree that no respectable samurai would dare flee in such a time, but such restrictions upon movement can be a degree hindrance to efforts such as ours. As it so happens, I have spoken with the Kasuga, and should the lockdown begin to severely impede the Scorpion, the Tortoise will be amenable to certain... arrangements, to ease the burden, without the concern of whichever Lion might be in charge of the matter."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 pm 

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
"While those left outside, abandoned to hunger and the cold, are far more likely to turn on the city that rejected them and join the usurper's forces," reminds Sukekage. "Those with nothing to lose make the most dangerous enemies - paraphrasing, I believe, from Little Truths. Those brought into the city who are planning on betrayal, though, have quite a bit to lose, and must act in the shadows - our favored territory. Perhaps you require training in tactics, Yogo-san, as you do respect and discipline?"

There's that hard edge again.

"Oh would you, Sukekage-Chujo?" she said sweetly. "I could reciprocate by teaching you basic mathematics. Here's yer homework: Take the sum total of the city's stored food divide by twice the expected number of people it was expected to feed. Let's see how long it takes you to get to zero."

She'd already lost her grandparents because of the famine in Scorpion lands, she wasn't going to back down to this paper general.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 pm 

"Permission to remove a source of strife, Yukinaga-dono?" asks Sukekage coldly, his right hand sliding into his kimono.

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm 

Yukinaga nodded "good, that is good work Degarashi. While myself and others will stay to fight, our non combatants need not risk their life in combat, that is what bushi are for. Should things seem lost it is good to have a way out."

Yukinaga looked sharply between the Yogo and Sukekage "permission denied and I'll have none of this sniping amongst ourselves. We are in a fight for survival and on the same side. What's done is done and we all have our feelings about it but I dont want to waste time arguing about it here."

He centered his gaze on the Yogo for a moment "However Yogo-San you show a lack of respect to your superiors whether you agree with Sukekage-San or not your manner is unacceptable."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:46 pm 

Sukekage's expression doesn't change in the slightest, but his hand withdraws from his kimono, momentarily revealing just a hint of steel concealed within.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:59 pm 

"I can see why Shosuro-ue asked us to do 'the best we can,'" Setsuna commented. They then shrugged and glanced at Sara. "Were there any specific directives?"

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:08 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
Yukinaga nodded "good, that is good work Degarashi. While myself and others will stay to fight, our non combatants need not risk their life in combat, that is what bushi are for. Should things seem lost it is good to have a way out."

Yukinaga looked sharply between the Yogo and Sukekage "permission denied and I'll have none of this sniping amongst ourselves. We are in a fight for survival and on the same side. What's done is done and we all have our feelings about it but I dont want to waste time arguing about it here."

He centered his gaze on the Yogo for a moment "However Yogo-San you show a lack of respect to your superiors whether you agree with Sukekage-San or not your manner is unacceptable."

Aya tilts her head at the consideringly.

"Really?"

She pauses a moment.

"Then I would like to request that you reconsider Sukekage-san's request. I'd rather be assigned with Norikun to scout around for potential problems, rather than continue to disrupt the harmony of this meeting."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:58 am 

"I will not stop you from leaving but would rather have your unique perspective here. You are the only scorpion shugenja I am aware of in the city. I would ask you to be more polite as we move through, would that be too burdensome for you Yogo-san?" He asked with a decidedly neutral tone, his On firmly in place eyes giving little away about his emotions.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:13 am 

Bayushi Yukinaga wrote:
"I will not stop you from leaving but would rather have your unique perspective here. You are the only scorpion shugenja I am aware of in the city. I would ask you to be more polite as we move through, would that be too burdensome for you Yogo-san?" He asked with a decidedly neutral tone, his On firmly in place eyes giving little away about his emotions.

Aya's opinion of Yukinaga went up a bit at his reply. It actually showed a bit more intelligence than she had credited him with having Stutterstep as a deputy.

She exhaled a bit.

"if the agreed upon purpose of this meeting is to share insights and to take advantage of the talents of everyone assembled, no matter their rank or position, to better carry out the will of the clan and ensure our survival....I would not find that too burdensome at all." she admits.

She still thought Stutterstep was an idiot, but she could at least stop openly calling him one.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 am 

He nodded On still firmly in place "That is, of course the objective here. Though it will be wise for all to remember proper courtesies involving rank and status but also the temperance that those with rank must sometimes show in the name of greater good."

He closed his eyes and took a breath a bit he felt he was overseeing a group of spiteful cats more than a group of samurai at the moment but he did not let his frustration shine through. "So as I said has anyone heard or seen anything of interest or use here in town or even in court."

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:33 am 

Sukekage simply sits back and waits, having already given his report. He says nothing, but his posture and expression screams, "Surely the ladies, so quick with their criticism, must have something of import to share."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:24 am 

Yogo Aya's posture said....well, nothing, it was a posture.

But while she understood Stutterstep's distasteful looks towards her, she was somewhat puzzled at his equally distasteful looks he seemed to be shooting towards Sara. She might be a diva, but she hadn't noticed anything worse than that.

But she was being consulted for her mystical knowledge, and she didn't have anything to report on that front yet so she actually wanted to hear what the others might have to say about the town's situation.

And her etiquette training was actually, 'The Best way to not be rude is to say nothing, unless asked.'

So she waited for now.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 pm 

Sara drank more of her tea while her clan descended into bitter bickering.

Yep, best and brightest.

"No directives so far. Shosuro-ue is still gathering her own information on what is going on and what can be done, and what steps next, so far we are in a holding pattern doing what we can to strengthen the Empress' position against the imbeciles who think killing an Emperor makes you one."

She put down her tea cup, blatantly ignoring the comments of the others. "I do not possess any specific action we can do so far, I have been probing among the other clans to assess their position, but nothing that I believe would be worthy of action." She tilted her head. "Have any of you spoken to Kitsu-sama? Perchance she might know something too."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:03 pm 

"The Dragon present appear to be unorganized," Setsuna added, "Each one seems to have been led here by individual action rather than a concerted effort. As often is with their clan, there is more to be seen, but I don't believe any of them outright lied to me.

"I cannot speak of Kitsu-sama. If you wish me to, I will approach her. Otherwise I will leave it to another." The androgynous Bayushi tilted their head at Sara. "Surely you can work your charms on her?" they asked, follow by a low chuckle.

Typically Carries: Daisho, Jitte, Fan, Personal Seal, Umbrella

DECEASED as of Day 11, Late Afternoon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:53 am 

Yukinaga waited a moment longer but all information seemed to be on the table "Well it seems we've got a decent base to move from. For now we have nothing to specifically look into so I guess per Shosuro-ue's orders we do the best we can to look for any advantage we can in this situation. Mix it up with as many high ranking members of court and leadership as we can. I'll keep my finger on the pulse of the defense and work my way into the military side of things. I trust you all to do as you have been trained and keep your ears open. Hopefully some more firm direction makes itself known soon."

Theme Profile