It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 2, Late Eve] A Blessing, Really (open)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:34 pm 

"But surely you can trust a person of honor to always behave a certain way... Perhaps that is not what they want then, I see."

Yukarin sounded contemplative with her hand going to her chin.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:43 pm 

"They want someone who will stop at nothing," Sukekage claims, "who will sink to any depth in pursuit of their goals. I am willing to serve, yes, but there are some things that just should not...cannot be done."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:13 pm 

"What Clan would ask something of someone that should no be done? Well, I suppose I shouldn't be one to speak there; The Unicorn certainly have asked some things of its samurai that have been hard to swallow, on occasion."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:59 pm 

"You're right, now's not the time or place," the man agrees. "I suppose my remembering has just brought me into unpleasant thoughts - always a risk when dwelling on the past."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:49 am 

A sharp nod, "As much as people can praise nostalgia, I've never thought it's as worthwhile as looking to the future. I can't relive or change the past, after all, but I can plan for the future. And even change it so it's more like I want it to be. Maybe even find ways to remove or replace the things that I would dwell on otherwise."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:50 am 

"That's a task that will have to wait until the end of the current crisis, unfortunately," he notes. "As always, so much to do, and who knows how much time remains to do it?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:57 am 

"As always, hai. All the more reason not to waste these moments of quiet contemplation and peace, neh? Not that conversation does that; I mean by dwelling on sorrows, regrets, or anxieties."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:11 am 

"Quite right. I thank you for reminding me of that truth," Sukekage says. "You've uncommon wisdom for one so young."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am 

"Do you think so? I am not so sure, but thank you! You've given me things too think about too, you know. What I'm going to do with myself the next couple of days if nothing else."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:39 am 

"May you find success in your endeavors. For now," he says, barely stifling a yawn, "I should probably be going. Good evening, Yasuki-san."

With that, Sukekage bows and /exits.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:52 am 

Yukarin watched him leave after a bow of her head, looking thoughtfully for a while longer before turning back to the shrine. She prayed now for the Bayushi as well, and all others in the city.

/scene