It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voices in the Crowd (D2, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"That's probably not going to serve you well at the moment, friends," Seitouna says as he steps in, resting a hand on his jitte. "The Lion are awfully jumpy at the moment, what with all that's going on, and it'd be a shame to attract attention when you don't need to.

"But, that said, I'm certain there are some places where their attention could be, how do you say, focused that would allow for a bit of an easier time for all after all this blows over."

Kami, I hope this works, he thinks.

(Roll Courtier (Manipulation)/Awareness at TN 20)

Something in his words seems to sit particularly well (22), as it happens.

The teachings of the Kasuga school do some good.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

I'd rather keep looking at you personally, but duty...

"If Shosuro-san wishes to remain close to me I will not complain. I shall have to focus on ensuring the safety of others as well of course. There are many hundreds of people here after all."

"Of course, of course, but i would not wish to impose my presence on your august duty." The woman smirked, then bowed to the Lioness.

"Do let me know if my presence at any point is required." The last word was let out in a low, husky tone. A thespian must leave a lasting impression, neh?

OOC:
D2 LA Temptation (seduction) / Awa vs Homura, leaving a lasting impression, phantom rank from Crafty, +1k0 from DB: 6d10o10k4 32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:49 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"That's probably not going to serve you well at the moment, friends," Seitouna says as he steps in, resting a hand on his jitte. "The Lion are awfully jumpy at the moment, what with all that's going on, and it'd be a shame to attract attention when you don't need to.

"But, that said, I'm certain there are some places where their attention could be, how do you say, focused that would allow for a bit of an easier time for all after all this blows over."

Kami, I hope this works, he thinks.

The group turns to face him as he enters the room, scowls appearing on their faces. "Yo, who is this?" the leader asks, gesturing to Seitouna.

"That's a Kasuga samurai," one of the other heimin explains. "They're into the crimes like we are, boss."

The leader looks to the man who just spoke. "I know who it is, baka. I was trying to be all... rhetorical and stuff."

The gathered heimin all make an "ohhhh" sound as they nod their heads in understanding.

The leader turns back to Seitouna, his head tilted upward in pride. "Why are you interrupting our meeting, samurai-guy?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:53 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Of course, of course, but i would not wish to impose my presence on your august duty." The woman smirked, then bowed to the Lioness.

"Do let me know if my presence at any point is required." The last word was let out in a low, husky tone. A thespian must leave a lasting impression, neh?

OOC:
D2 LA Temptation (seduction) / Awa vs Homura, leaving a lasting impression, phantom rank from Crafty, +1k0 from DB: 6d10o10k4 32

The tone had Homura peering sideways at the Scorpion, a curious expression on her face.

Interesting...

"Now that you mention it, I think your presence may be required in the next few days Shosuro-san. I hope you can make yourself available" she grinned at Sara "are you staying within the castle, or at one of the inns?"

(ooc - D2 LA resisting temptation (etiquette/wp)+LS1+LS2+honour: 7d10o10k2+3 26)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:55 pm 

"The shiro. Shimizu-sama has kindly invited me to stay there. Perhaps we can discuss the required matters in the coming days, Ikoma-san." She winked at the Lion, before making her

/exit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:01 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
The group turns to face him as he enters the room, scowls appearing on their faces. "Yo, who is this?" the leader asks, gesturing to Seitouna.

"That's a Kasuga samurai," one of the other heimin explains. "They're into the crimes like we are, boss."

The leader looks to the man who just spoke. "I know who it is, baka. I was trying to be all... rhetorical and stuff."

The gathered heimin all make an "ohhhh" sound as they nod their heads in understanding.

The leader turns back to Seitouna, his head tilted upward in pride. "Why are you interrupting our meeting, samurai-guy?"

"Like I said, friends, you might wanna lay low for a bit," Seitouna says, dropping register. "I know for a fact that the Lion are about to tighten way up on this kind of thing; the recent panic's got them feelin' antsy, and I think we all know what happens when Lion get antsy and think folks like you are, whadda they call it, 'stepping out of line.'

"But I also know that the Lion can be, what is it, encouraged to look certain ways, and it might be I could help with that kind of...encouragement if I had some...friends who appreciate that kind of thing, and who want to be around afterwards.

"Because there's a war on, you know."

He smiles.

"You've got a good head on your shoulders, friend," Seitouna adds, nodding slightly at the seeming leader. "Better to hold off and come back than not, right?"

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:05 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"The shiro. Shimizu-sama has kindly invited me to stay there. Perhaps we can discuss the required matters in the coming days, Ikoma-san." She winked at the Lion, before making her

/exit

"I shall. Fortunes watch over you Shosuro-san" Homura grinned at the woman, bowing to her and letting her go. Just keeping an eye on her out of the corner of her eye.

She could be fun...

Homura managed to tear her eyes away after a short while, returning to her duties. Helping the refugees get to housing, and stopping the stampedes that kept threatening to start at any moment.

(ooc - free to be approached if anyone wants to)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:06 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"Like I said, friends, you might wanna lay low for a bit," Seitouna says, dropping register. "I know for a fact that the Lion are about to tighten way up on this kind of thing; the recent panic's got them feelin' antsy, and I think we all know what happens when Lion get antsy and think folks like you are, whadda they call it, 'stepping out of line.'

"But I also know that the Lion can be, what is it, encouraged to look certain ways, and it might be I could help with that kind of...encouragement if I had some...friends who appreciate that kind of thing, and who want to be around afterwards.

"Because there's a war on, you know."

He smiles.

"You've got a good head on your shoulders, friend," Seitouna adds, nodding slightly at the seeming leader. "Better to hold off and come back than not, right?"

The heimin stare at Seitouna for along moment. Finally, the leader turns to one of his men and speaks in a hushed tone. "Yo, I got no idea what this samurai is trying to say."

There is a murmur of ascent and some bobbing of heads among the others before the leader motions for them to be silent and turns back to address Seitouna. He tilts his head upward again, adopting a cocking posture. "Yo, what you, what you done?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:21 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
The heimin stare at Seitouna for along moment. Finally, the leader turns to one of his men and speaks in a hushed tone. "Yo, I got no idea what this samurai is trying to say."

There is a murmur of ascent and some bobbing of heads among the others before the leader motions for them to be silent and turns back to address Seitouna. He tilts his head upward again, adopting a cocking posture. "Yo, what you, what you done?"

I would find Fukurokujin's rejects, thinks Seitouna, but what he says instead is "Look, friend, the Lion are about to crack down, hard, on all activity. And they'll probably kill whoever they find doing any of" and he waves his hand around, indicating the whole set of what they had been discussing. "So I'm tellin' you, lay low for a while. And I'm tellin' you, I can get the Lion to look at other...groups if you do. But I'm gonna need some things in return, mostly information. Sound like a deal you can do?"

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:32 pm 

Agasha Manami wrote:
"The grace of the kami who've answered my prayers from Morikage Toshi to here, Nagiko-san, that's what brought me here. The bloody handed spirits that pursued us from winter court were a brutal enemy. Mirumoto Takeshi-san also deserves credit for my safety on that perilous road." Manami gestures to her yojimbo, who nods at the recognition but does not falter in keeping the press of humanity back from the two women. Manami scowls a little as she realizes how hard Takeshi is having to work.

Still guarded attentively by Takeshi, Manami returns to Nagiko with an apologetic smile. "My apologies, Nagiko-san." She bows her head. "I am greatly distracted by recent events, as you can likely appreciate."

'' There's nothing to apologize for, Agasha-san.'' She said to the Agasha. '' So you were at court. Indeed, your Yojimbo here must be a remarkable one, many others didn't even reach this city, from what i had been told'' Nagiko observes the Yojimbo.

'' Might i ask you a question, somewhat related, Agasha-san?'' Nagiko's tone is one of curiosity. '' What does Hantei XVI-heika, or shiryo, looks like?''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:07 pm 

Tomomi is appalled as she moves through the crowd, but she has lived through more than one war in the Empire and recalls the waves of refugees some places saw when the Lion decided that they were still hungry for battle after the fall of Iuchiban.

So she does what she can to direct people to shelter, but more, she finds the pockets where people are paused, either catching a breath in the chaos or sinking into uncaring despair, and begins the old lady call of, "why I remember when..."
    When this city or that one was destroyed and then prosperity returned.
    The keeper of that very shop over there had ancestors running the same shop during the troubles that brought Hitomi to this city.
    Ryoko Owari...no, they've had such recent troubles that they don't make a comforting tale.

She weaves a wealth of detail into her tales, such that most can find a thread that resonates, something to hold onto in hope that the Celestial Order will right itself and things will be well again.

[ 55 for 3 points.]

She also tries to notice actions that are violently out of place or suspicious as she worries about the spirits that have caused such calamity slipping into the city as they slipped into households across the region in the past year.

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, satchel of paper and writing supplies, small mirror, incense

"people are trapped in history and history is trapped in them" -James Baldwin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:43 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Thankfully the memory did not need to be refreshed here, as the child's foot was simply well-bruised.

"Hai, a jarring experience, to be sure. For both the patient and the doctor, though I suppose that might be stretching the metaphor a little."

"Who is the patient and who is the doctor, in this case?" Little does Koushi know that he's speaking to a monk with a notable penchant for metaphor! Myo-en casts him an inquisitive look with her intent dark eyes, while helping the child's parent hold them very firmly still.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:42 am 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
I would find Fukurokujin's rejects, thinks Seitouna, but what he says instead is "Look, friend, the Lion are about to crack down, hard, on all activity. And they'll probably kill whoever they find doing any of" and he waves his hand around, indicating the whole set of what they had been discussing. "So I'm tellin' you, lay low for a while. And I'm tellin' you, I can get the Lion to look at other...groups if you do. But I'm gonna need some things in return, mostly information. Sound like a deal you can do?"

"Yo, we're layin' low," one of the heimin replies, motioning to the sake house around them.

"Yeah," another chimes in with a self-confident nod. "We're so low, we're like... in the ground, like worms."

There are meaningful nods of agreement all around.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:17 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' There's nothing to apologize for, Agasha-san.'' She said to the Agasha. '' So you were at court. Indeed, your Yojimbo here must be a remarkable one, many others didn't even reach this city, from what i had been told'' Nagiko observes the Yojimbo.

'' Might i ask you a question, somewhat related, Agasha-san?'' Nagiko's tone is one of curiosity. '' What does Hantei XVI-heika, or shiryo, looks like?''

Takeshi looks at the pretty Mantis stone-faced, showing no reaction at all, then returns to surveying the now-more-orderly crowd.

Manami shakes her head at him. "Indeed, Mirumoto Takeshi-san is a most capable warrior and protector. I am greatly honored by his dedicated service." Manami affects a partial how towards his back, knowing the silent yojimbo heard her heartfelt words.

"As to the...returned Hantei, I can say only a bit. I was not at court to be near the dais -- I am no courtier, of course -- so I saw him only from a distance. But it was clear that he was tall, and very lean. He was handsome, I believe -- clearly blessed by Benten, at least at one time. I was not in the court when he cut down the Emperor, and I have not personally seen him since, so I could not say if the Fortunes have forsaken him for his terrible deeds."

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:28 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:

"Who is the patient and who is the doctor, in this case?" Little does Koushi know that he's speaking to a monk with a notable penchant for metaphor! Myo-en casts him an inquisitive look with her intent dark eyes, while helping the child's parent hold them very firmly still.

Koushi bandaged the injured moppet with a poultice to reduce the swelling, thankful that a set wasn't necessary in this particular case. Ideally, she would keep off the foot for next few days, and he told the father so, but it didn't seem as though that would be terribly likely, given the situation.

Koushi smiled. "In this, I suppose that we are both. We are out of alignment, having allowed the Son of Heaven to be murdered by beings who are far from the place appointed them by Emma-O. And I suspect we can only be back in alignment when we have returned these spirits to Toshigoku, where they belong."

He smiles. "Of course, this is a just a scholar's opinion. A priest might have another idea."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
"Yo, we're layin' low," one of the heimin replies, motioning to the sake house around them.

"Yeah," another chimes in with a self-confident nod. "We're so low, we're like... in the ground, like worms."

There are meaningful nods of agreement all around.

"That part's good, then, and staying hereabouts--and not pushing your special wares--will help in the meantime.

"But, on the second part, I need some information, and I'd be happy to point some of your competition out in exchange for it."

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:41 pm 

Agasha Manami wrote:
Manami shakes her head at him. "Indeed, Mirumoto Takeshi-san is a most capable warrior and protector. I am greatly honored by his dedicated service." Manami affects a partial how towards his back, knowing the silent yojimbo heard her heartfelt words.

"As to the...returned Hantei, I can say only a bit. I was not at court to be near the dais -- I am no courtier, of course -- so I saw him only from a distance. But it was clear that he was tall, and very lean. He was handsome, I believe -- clearly blessed by Benten, at least at one time. I was not in the court when he cut down the Emperor, and I have not personally seen him since, so I could not say if the Fortunes have forsaken him for his terrible deeds."

'' I see. Well, i suppose that we will all have a glimpse of his presence sooner or later, taking on account that i have heard that this city lies right on his path towards the Capital. '' Nagiko shrugs.

'' I suppose that we will all be part of a siege sooner or later.'' She says.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:58 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku would be too busy until the gates would be closed to hold a conversation.

/Fade to duty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:28 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"That part's good, then, and staying hereabouts--and not pushing your special wares--will help in the meantime.

"But, on the second part, I need some information, and I'd be happy to point some of your competition out in exchange for it."

The leader gives Suitouna a doubting look. "Look, homes... we have homes here. We know who our competition is." The other heimin nod and murmur in agreement.

"It's the Local 405s," one of the heimin adds, to another round of agreeable murmurs.

"But if you need information... why didn't you just ask when you first arrived?" The leader presses a hand against his own chest. "We're all about that community, yo."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:39 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
The leader gives Suitouna a doubting look. "Look, homes... we have homes here. We know who our competition is." The other heimin nod and murmur in agreement.

"It's the Local 405s," one of the heimin adds, to another round of agreeable murmurs.

"But if you need information... why didn't you just ask when you first arrived?" The leader presses a hand against his own chest. "We're all about that community, yo."

"Local 2110," replies Seitouna before going on.

"I know you know your competition. Do the Lion, though? And maybe they ought to.

"But for information...there are three bits. One helps one of my bosses. The other two help all of us. On the first, if you've seen or heard where Kasuga Saito is here, I've got an actual member of the Emperor's Court who'd be real happy to know.

"For the second, I know you've got a way out of town that ain't the gates. At least one. I'd like to know, maybe one you're worried the Lion're gonna find soon. Maybe the one the 405s use, eh?

"And third, might be some folks slipped in who really ought not to have. Bad folks. Folks who'll open the gates to the army coming in--crazy folks who only want to kill. Messily."

Seitouna pauses before adding one more bit.

"I want to make deals, and you can't deal with the dead."

Public Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next