It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:36 pm

Post subject: Morning cats (D2 EM closed - Homura's room)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:10 pm 

There were samurai that had long elaborate morning rituals, full of katas and revering and purifying. Homura...did not. Her morning ritual consisted of the hardest part of any morning; actually waking up. She enjoyed her beauty sleep.

Having managed to wake up at least in body and getting some water sent, she cleaned herself up. Ready to prepare for the day. Once she was clean she sat down in her days kimono and started...dozing.

Post subject: Re: Morning cats (D2 EM closed - Homura's room)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 pm 

Erina had quickly cleaned herself in the morning, but dithered going to train at the moment. She had been doing that for months now, and this was the first time in quite a while that she had an actual bed.

She heads over to Homura's room, knocking on the door as she yawns.

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 pm 

If that's one of the servants bringing me a second bucket of water I will not be pleased.

Homura checked her Obi was at least partially tied before she moved to slide the door open and peer out.

"Oh, Matsu-san. Good morning, I hope you are well?" She bowed to the woman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:52 pm 

"Good morning Ikoma-san. May I come in?" Erina suddenly realized her own relative state of undress, her hair down instead of the long braid from yesterday. "You said that you could explain just what happened outside the walls the other day."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:03 pm 

"Oh, I did."

Why is it so early....

Homura stepped aside, holding the door.

"Please my friend, come in. I'll send for some tea as I'm pretty sure it's too early for sake" she got the attention of one of the overworked servants to get tea delivered.

Homura's room was extremely small, and her futon was still rolled out with her night kimono and a bucket nearby. Along the wall at the back was some sake bottles, as well as neatly stacked clothes.

Once Homura had arranged for the tea she closed the door.

"Please, sit anywhere. The room isn't fancy, but they were not expecting so many guests. I suspect I'll even have a room mate soon, as some other guests I hear are sharing."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 pm 

"You'll have to invite me back later for the sake when this is all done with." Erina crosses her legs, her obi riding up her thighs as she sits. "I'll buy a bottle if we both make it"

"So, what's the story? I didn't want to ask too much with that magistrate hanging around."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:58 pm 

"Just one? If we survive I was hoping for more than one bottle of sake, or perhaps some shochu" Homura chuckled, tilting her head slightly to eye up Erina's attire "your hair looks quite lovely down Erina-chan. I don't think I've ever seen it like that before. If you want before you leave I can braid it for you, it's easier with assistance after all."

There was a pause as the tea arrived, Homura moving to collect it and put it between them.

"Ah yes, the eternal struggle" Homura chuckled as she poured the tea "I will give what I call the Crab view, as I find when it comes to situations like this it pays to be direct. what you experienced yesterday was the fascinating situation when two people who have an equally sized status to ego ratio meet. The honourable Seppun Horonigai-sama, still carrying the burden of Winter Court as well as the stubbornness of youth, met with the stern stubborn nature of a Matsu combined with Kōgyoku-sama being a magistrate and thus expecting everyone to fall in line."

Homura grinned.

"The end result was two women staring at each other, getting colder and more angry until one of them finally gave in and stopped being at the back of the group of people going in the exact same direction. Turns out Matsu-samas will was stronger. Petty, ne?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:28 pm 

Erina let's out a snort, graciously taking a cup of tea as a servant returns.

"Matsu are known for the single-minded devotion. Heavens help me I could never make it as a magistrate."

Erina lets out a long sigh. "Forgive me it's been a while since I could speak to someone as an equal and not needed to couch every word with deference."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:36 pm 

"The stubbornness of the Matsu ranks up there with the stubborn of the Imperial families can be. Especially the high borns" Homura chuckled "as for your status worries? Try being in court with clan daimyo. It's like dancing on glass sometimes."

She took a sip of her tea.

"In here dear Erina-chan, it's free conversation. Although I will say I believe you have the talents to make it further than you give yourself credit for. You're more than just a pretty face."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:39 am 

Erina's snort turns into a hacking laugh. "Stop you flatterer. You don't need to exagurate my looks on my behalf. Trust Matsu stubbornness on that one."

"How did you wind up with the Seppun princess anyway?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:54 am 

"I would never do such a thing Erina-chan. I speak the truth" Homura winked at the woman "I would be concerned your beloved feline companions may make a meal out of me if I was dishonest. You should believe in yourself more Erina-chan, you have the skills to be even more special than you are already."

Homura took a sip of tea before continuing.

"Seppun-sama is a friend of mine. We met during the Winter Court at Morikage Toshi, although she is quite a strong willed person who has a rather strange obsession with the Sparrow she is a good person with a good heart."

She is also damn cute

"Sadly I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with her at Winter Court, her duties often had her working with the higher ranking members of the delegations whereas I needed to be at hand in case the Lion delegation needed a blade. Such is the life of a duelist."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:00 pm 

"A meal of you? No." Erina chuckles. "Kamu is more likely to drop a half eaten deer on your doorstep. She has the opinion that your hunting skills could use some work."

"But that's good. It could be a friendship that we need badly now, with all of this going on."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:27 pm 

"Uh, that's very nice of Kamu, but please suggest that she not do that in these current times."

Or ever.

"She is right that my hunting skills are lacking though. They may even be non-existent" Homura chuckled "as for Seppun-sama, any friendship with the Imperial families right now would be welcome, although one I would be wary of. Seppun-sama however has a good heart, so I trust her. How about yourself? Met anyone interesting?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:37 pm 

"Well, the Governor was very gracious and understanding. There's a Unicorn too...he, well, didn't dissapoint when it came to the expectations of the clan."

Erina offers something between a smile and a grimace.

"I didn't get granted any horses to train up, but mostly because things are so dire that there's no time. I did get allowed to formed a scouting party."

There is a flicker in Erina's expression. "You seem to like the Seppun though..."Erina raises an eyebrow for a moment, a small smile quirking at the edges of your lips. "We don't usually talk about the "heart" of another samurai, especially not from another clan. She is a pretty one, isn't she?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:42 pm 

"I have only seen one Unicorn, the young male who decided to test the stability of the courtroom by performing the mating ritual of the typical Hida; screaming at the top of his voice. I hope he's more subdued when you're standing in front of him" Homura sipped her tea, although there was a small smirk at the points on Horo.

"Seppun-sama is every bit the perfect Imperial princess, hai. I certainly wouldn't judge someone on their appearance, but I believe when she is married her husband will be a very lucky man" there was a wink at that "I wouldn't mind getting to know her a little better."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:48 pm 

"He was, he was just...odd." Erina shrugs.

"And yes, that husband will be lucky. And that's why I think you're a horrible flatterer." Erina gestures to herself, grinning playfully. "Come now, next to her I'm a warcat walking around on two legs. Your sense of scale is showing Homura-chan."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:56 pm 

"Is that so?"

Homura rose, walking round to sit behind Erina.

"She may be a princess, trying to be the perfect example of the Imperial families, but how much of is just that, an example? She does not have the mane of a Matsu" Homura gathered up Erina's hair as she says that, carefully running her fingers through it, braiding as she spoke.

"She dos not have the fiery passion that Erina-chan radiates with her every action. The natural Compassion that Erina-chan displays. Her heart may be good, but your heart is wild" Homura then leaned into Erina, whispering in her ear "and I like wild as much as I like princesses, Erina-chan" before sitting back and continuing with the girls lovely hair.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:29 pm 

Erina inclines your head to give Homura a better vantage.

"It's hard to be wild when we can lose our honor the moment we step out of line. Like with that magistrate watching...I am near the lowest of the low Homura-chan, and every day I worry about the moment when I snap."

Erina gnashes her teeth in a quick bite, her eyes wide and suddenly aware that her heart is pounding.

"And what of the destruction that I leave in my wake?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:33 pm 

"The fire of the Matsu is part of your honour. Matsu Kōgyoku-sama is so devoted to her status that her fire has been cleansed. You however, still have your raw fire, so much that even being this close puts me in danger."

Homura grinned, leaning closer.

"Are you going to bite me, Erina-chan?" Am I in danger of succumbing to the passion of the Matsu?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 pm 

"Only if you deserve to be bit Homura-chan." Erina grips Homura's hand. "I am a honorable samurai. I don't do romance, anything that would betray my oaths." The grip tightens as she pulls Homura closer. "So don't expect anything of the sort."