It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voices in the Crowd (D2, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:01 am 

Thankfully the memory did not need to be refreshed here, as the child's foot was simply well-bruised.

"Hai, a jarring experience, to be sure. For both the patient and the doctor, though I suppose that might be stretching the metaphor a little."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
"To hear one person of another clan say such praises to the teachings of my clan, honors me. Arigato.'' She bowed to the Agasha.

then a pause.

'' So Agasha-san, what brings you here, might i ask? Where you a refugee from the Court or did you came from somewhere else?'' She asked.

"The grace of the kami who've answered my prayers from Morikage Toshi to here, Nagiko-san, that's what brought me here. The bloody handed spirits that pursued us from winter court were a brutal enemy. Mirumoto Takeshi-san also deserves credit for my safety on that perilous road." Manami gestures to her yojimbo, who nods at the recognition but does not falter in keeping the press of humanity back from the two women. Manami scowls a little as she realizes how hard Takeshi is having to work.

"Nagiko-san, please pardon me for just a moment," Manami says conspiratorially. She steps over beside Takeshi, raising her voice and commanding attention in the crowd.

"Good people! Good people, hear me. You can see that I am young, but see also that I have no fear." She pauses dramatically. "Have no fear of spirit warriors, who can be defeated just like mortals. Have no fear, for the servants of the Empress can and will defend you! We will turn back these spirits, and we will show no fear as we defeat them!"

It isn't the best speech, but it does draw in the crowd around her. The assortment of samurai and peasants nod as her words grip them, and the words steady several shaken hearts. When the group moves on, the steps are more confident and the heads held higher.

Still guarded attentively by Takeshi, Manami returns to Nagiko with an apologetic smile. "My apologies, Nagiko-san." She bows her head. "I am greatly distracted by recent events, as you can likely appreciate."

____
OOC: Influence roll with one raise passed - 2 imperialist points.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:43 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

Homura held Sara's gaze for a few moments, looking deeply into the Scorpion womans eyes before speaking.

"Don't worry Shosuro-san, I'll keep my eyes on you" there was a grin "it is my duty to look after those who need protection, ne?"

"Oh, such a dutiful samurai-ko. I hope I shall not be a burden on you in your myriad tasks, Ikoma-san." She did not let her eyes go as she spoke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:47 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Oh, such a dutiful samurai-ko. I hope I shall not be a burden on you in your myriad tasks, Ikoma-san." She did not let her eyes go as she spoke.

"Oh, I don't think you will be a burden whatsoever Shosuro-san" Homura didn't break the gaze "it would be my pleasure to protect you."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:53 pm 

Seitouna, continuing to work to calm the peasants, recalls something from an earlier conversation that day, and he attends as carefully as he can to the more subtle currents of the refugees--and possible others.

My kind of people would have run, he thinks, and I can hardly think they'd not try to set up here, or at least try to come across a coin or two.

So he makes sure that some of his tattoos show as he asks around a little bit...(Lore: Underworld 34).

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:54 pm 

"Oh? You seem quite confident Ikoma-san." She smirked. "I will aim to not take up your time unduly." She she slowly batted her eyelashes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:58 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Oh? You seem quite confident Ikoma-san." She smirked. "I will aim to not take up your time unduly." She she slowly batted her eyelashes.

"When it comes to protection and duty Shosuro-san, my time is yours" Homura returned the smirk with a grin, giving the woman a nod before breaking the staring contest "I'm sure Shosuro-san will not find herself in undue trouble, but should such a situation arise you need only call on me."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:11 pm 

As she moved through the crowds of refugees Tetsuko kept a careful watch for any sign of Crab or Crane mons. Her interest was piqued by the accounts of what had happened. Each offered a different take, but the gist was the same. A sudden attack. The death of the Emperor by his ancestor's hand.

While providing warm words for the survivors she began to ask questions about the Crane and Crab delegations. Had anyone encountered a Hiruma Katree?

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:12 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

"When it comes to protection and duty Shosuro-san, my time is yours" Homura returned the smirk with a grin, giving the woman a nod before breaking the staring contest "I'm sure Shosuro-san will not find herself in undue trouble, but should such a situation arise you need only call on me."

"Oh you know me Ikoma-san. I am as far from trouble as possible." She giggled under the faux Shimizu uniform. "If I am in need of some dashing assistance, I will definitely let you know. Otherwise, perhaps I should take my leave so you can focus on the others in need of assistance in here. I do not wish to be greedy."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:23 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Oh you know me Ikoma-san. I am as far from trouble as possible." She giggled under the faux Shimizu uniform. "If I am in need of some dashing assistance, I will definitely let you know. Otherwise, perhaps I should take my leave so you can focus on the others in need of assistance in here. I do not wish to be greedy."

I'd rather keep looking at you personally, but duty...

"If Shosuro-san wishes to remain close to me I will not complain. I shall have to focus on ensuring the safety of others as well of course. There are many hundreds of people here after all."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:25 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
As she moved through the crowds of refugees Tetsuko kept a careful watch for any sign of Crab or Crane mons. Her interest was piqued by the accounts of what had happened. Each offered a different take, but the gist was the same. A sudden attack. The death of the Emperor by his ancestor's hand.

While providing warm words for the survivors she began to ask questions about the Crane and Crab delegations. Had anyone encountered a Hiruma Katree?

(Roll Investigation (Interrogation)/ Perception TN 25)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:54 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna, continuing to work to calm the peasants, recalls something from an earlier conversation that day, and he attends as carefully as he can to the more subtle currents of the refugees--and possible others.

My kind of people would have run, he thinks, and I can hardly think they'd not try to set up here, or at least try to come across a coin or two.

So he makes sure that some of his tattoos show as he asks around a little bit...(Lore: Underworld 34).

After some searching, Seitouna finds a group of heimin gathered inside a small sake house. Despite the refugees searching for shelter throughout the city, there do not seem to be any of them within the establishment.

The heimin are gathered in a circle and seem to be having a meeting, save for one of the heimin, who is standing awkwardly while the others are seated.

"We gotta have more meetings," the seated leader of the group is saying as Seitouna enters. "I'm telling you guys, we gotta be more organized. So this is what we gotta do. We gotta sell more drugs... and we gotta make more crimes happen."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:58 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:

(Roll Investigation (Interrogation)/ Perception TN 25)

As it turned out the Fortunes were smiling on Tetsuko, or laughing at her, it was hard to tell. Her diligent questioning bore some sort of fruit.

Day 2. LA. Investigations! TN25. Void for +1k1: 4d10o10k3 43

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:18 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
As it turned out the Fortunes were smiling on Tetsuko, or laughing at her, it was hard to tell. Her diligent questioning bore some sort of fruit.

Day 2. LA. Investigations! TN25. Void for +1k1: 4d10o10k3 43

A few of the refugees remember Hiruma Katree joining the Crane Champion in his defense of the fleeing refugees. They note that without the time those samurai bought, they don't know if they would have been able to reach Toshi no Omoidoso.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:24 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
After some searching, Seitouna finds a group of heimin gathered inside a small sake house. Despite the refugees searching for shelter throughout the city, there do not seem to be any of them within the establishment.

The heimin are gathered in a circle and seem to be having a meeting, save for one of the heimin, who is standing awkwardly while the others are seated.

"We gotta have more meetings," the seated leader of the group is saying as Seitouna enters. "I'm telling you guys, we gotta be more organized. So this is what we gotta do. We gotta sell more drugs... and we gotta make more crimes happen."

"That's probably not going to serve you well at the moment, friends," Seitouna says as he steps in, resting a hand on his jitte. "The Lion are awfully jumpy at the moment, what with all that's going on, and it'd be a shame to attract attention when you don't need to.

"But, that said, I'm certain there are some places where their attention could be, how do you say, focused that would allow for a bit of an easier time for all after all this blows over."

Kami, I hope this works, he thinks.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:32 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"That's probably not going to serve you well at the moment, friends," Seitouna says as he steps in, resting a hand on his jitte. "The Lion are awfully jumpy at the moment, what with all that's going on, and it'd be a shame to attract attention when you don't need to.

"But, that said, I'm certain there are some places where their attention could be, how do you say, focused that would allow for a bit of an easier time for all after all this blows over."

Kami, I hope this works, he thinks.

(Roll Courtier (Manipulation)/Awareness at TN 20)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:37 pm 

Mindshred wrote:

(Emphasis applicable or required?)

Public Profile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:42 pm 

Mindshred wrote:
A few of the refugees remember Hiruma Katree joining the Crane Champion in his defense of the fleeing refugees. They note that without the time those samurai bought, they don't know if they would have been able to reach Toshi no Omoidoso.

That was enough to make any honourable samurai-ko swoon! Either the man had heroically survived the onslaught, or he had heroically died in the attempt. He sounded like a fine match. Of course now she was left wondering what had become of her Champion... There was much to discuss with her cousins when they next met.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:10 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Mindshred wrote:

(Emphasis applicable or required?)

(Applicable, but not required)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:22 pm 

Meanwhile, Daisuke was attempting to help rally the crowd as they choked the streets. He could see it in the pained faces, the cries of anguish and fear.

Even if he wasn't a Hida or Hiruma, Daisuke is a Crab. He knows that Courage is the tenet of Bushido to hold most dear. It isn't the absence of fear, but rather, the acting to do what was right, what was required, in the face of that fear, staring it down.

"Hold fast! Do not despair. These things will be fought back, we will stand against this, because it is our Duty, our responsibility! The Empress will be proven to have the blessing of heaven!"

LA2 - Voices in the Crowd - Influence Roll - Imperialist (Awa 4, Courtier 3, Prodigy +1k0, VP +1k1, 2 raises, TN25): 9d10o10k5 50 3 Imperialist points

Last edited by Yasuki Daisuke on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next