It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:02 pm

Post subject: The Quiet of Night (Day 2 Early Night)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 pm 

Osamu was dressed lightly, more so then most would think wise, he had no fear of the cold though it hardly touched his skin. Finding a empty bench he brushed off the remaining snow and placed a bottle of Sake down before taking a seat beside it.

Opening the bottle he poured a measure into a cup he pulled from his sleeve and took a sip. It was a pleasant brew and it reminded him of home, even in this snow covered setting.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

Post subject: Re: The Quiet of Night (Day 2 Early Night)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:30 pm 

"Odd," comes a voice, "to see one brave the cold so late."

A Scorpion in courtly regalia emerges from the shadows and bows.

"Although as a shugenja, I imagine the kami can keep you warm, if not sake as well. I am Bayushi Sukekage, and sadly I cannot claim the same talents for fighting off inclement weather...although I do have a bottle of sake stashed somewhere..."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 am 

"Odder still to see two." Osamu replied, eyes moving to the Scorpion to study him for a moment before dipping into a bow.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Bayushi-sama. I am Osamu a Shugenja of the Mantis, and while you may not have brought your bottle of sake with you, you're more then welcome to share mine." Hopefully the fellow had brought a cup at least.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:10 am 

Sukekage soon produces bottle as well as cup.

"Brewed from the rice grown on my father's lands," he explains, "near the banks of the Aka Mizu-Umi. We don't really have a name for it, we can't make enough for wide distribution, and it's not the best...but it's a little taste of home."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:26 am 

"It doesn't really need to be good if it reminds you have something pleasant." Osamu offered taking a sip from his own cup. "It must be a special treat to you if you've been saving it all winter."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:32 am 

"I always take some with me before traveling, and that's what I've been doing this season," says Sukekage with a sigh. "When you're not powerful or popular enough to invite to a Winter Court, but too highly-placed to leave at home, you get stuck trudging through the snow, doing all the jobs no one else wants..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:12 am 

"Which is what brought you here then?" Osamu asked, a bit surprised that the Scorpion would admit such a thing so openly and easily. "Tasks that no one else wanted to do?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:36 am 

"A task that I wanted to perform, actually," he replies, taking a sip of sake. "I'd just finished up work in a small province nearby, delivering a message to one of my father's allies, when word arrived of the tragedy at Morikage Toshi. Knowing that the survivors of the initial onslaught would have to head in this direction, I made my way here to help with the city's defense. The positive side of being of middling respectability - I'm much more free to act on my own volition than many others."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 am 

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow at that, the man was a Scorpion after all. Osamu would of never guessed that the man was here to help. Though his clan were allied with the Lion, at least for the moment.

"Do you have some skill in Military matters then?" He asked after a moment. It was a bit unusual but not the oddest thing he had heard of.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:49 am 

"A touch. After my...well, after I left my first post at Shiro Usagi, the Shosuro saw fit to teach me something of their unique style," says the Scorpion. "Subtle, understated - perfect for someone who will focus on using a blade for its only intended purpose, without the flashiness my own family's sensei tend to employ. If it gets to me fighting, they supposed, then the time for impressing and intimidating the enemy has passed..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:13 am 

It almost sounded like they had taught him how to be an Assassin, which honestly was a possibility with the Scorpion. Though it was a possibility Osamu had no intention to bring up, there was no reason for him to poke into the secrets of that particular clan. "I take it then you intend to aid in different ways then?" The were probably a number of those. Though Osamu himself was far from a expert in such things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 am 

"Support work, mostly," replies the not-a-ninja. "Assessing defenses, determining ways to use the terrain to our advantage. Dealing with the refugees, as well. If it comes to direct conflict in the streets, those are a lot of noncombatants we'll need to get out of the way, and fast."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:10 am 

"Though with all the refugess the town has taken in in the last few days, I do wonder if the last is even possible." Osamu mused, looking aroudn the garden before takign a sip of his sake. He was a little suprised not to find any of the refugees camped out here. Though he might of just mised them. "The city seems about full to bursting."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 pm 

As the men were talking, the sound of sandals clopping on the stones was heard, as a strange figure entered the clearing.

It was a stereotypical samurai bushi, from a few centuries ago.... with wings.

There was a haughty humph from the figure.

OOC:

Mysterious Kenku-chan, Status 1, Glory 4.5: Honor: Untrustworthy
TN to see through disguise: 40

D2 EN Dressing up as Kenku Acting/Awareness, Prodigy, VP spent for +1k1, different faction+different profession, 3 CR to be harder to identify, tn 30: 10d10o10k5 37

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:27 pm 

Sukekage is completely taken in by the act. Unfortunately, perhaps, his natural reaction to an inhuman being appearing in the middle of the night seems to be to draw steel, his wakizashi glinting in the moonlight as rises from his seat and moves into a defensive stance between the fake kenku and Osamu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 am 

Osamu waant able to pierce the disguise either, but neither did he draw steel. If this was a Kenku his sword would likely do little to help. Still his eyes narrowed as he dipped into a shallow bow. "Good evening."

Investigation to see through a disguise void point: 7d10o10k5 30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:18 am 

Sukekage is not so polite.

"Begone, spirit!" he hisses harshly. "We'll have none of your tricks here! The people of this city have enough problems already, without your nasty and hurtful jokes. Go!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 pm 

"Nasty jokes? Meeting with steel? Truly, is this what became the samurai of the Emerald Empire?" Outrage was evident in Kenku-chan's voice.

"I visit in this time of need, and what you tell me is to get away. Harrumph!" She looked down on both of those, glaring at the two men.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:41 pm 

Sukekage has not had the best day. Taunting him may not, perhaps, have been the best idea - evident as he advances on the kenku with death in his eyes.

(OOC note: Sukekage will attack if the act continues.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:39 pm 

Well, that had escalated quickly, Osamu didn't move from his seat though a frown did move flicker across his face as he glanced between the pair.

"While I'd be intrested in a chat, especially if you are the fabled Kenku that once sought students here. It seems my acquaintance has no desire for such. Or at least wants to test himself against you. Though I'd personally say it's a wasted opportunity to spill blood when we could share Sake.

He shook his head, and reached for his sake cup. "Still I'd suggest drawing your steel before he attempts to cut you down."