It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:28 pm

Post subject: [Day 2, Late Eve] A Blessing, Really (open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:36 am 

Having attended the court here in Toshi no Omoidoso, Yukarin had made sure to come to the Shrine of Remembrance at least once a week. Sometimes twice. It wasn't that she was superstitious per say, nor was she especially skeptical. But she did believe unexplained things lay out in the world, and there was no harm in believing a little sometimes. Especially if it was a local custom.

That was something the Ide taught their students; That the best way to bring peace was to put yourself into the sandals of those you were with. Take part in their little customs and habits; Not to try to figure them out so much as toshow respect.

So it was that she decided this would be a good evening for her to visit; Things might get even more hectic from here on out, and it simply wouldn't do to miss her prayers and meditations because of such things.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

Post subject: Re: [Day 2, Late Eve] A Blessing, Really (open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:00 am 

"Remembrance," mutters a voice to no one in particular as its source approaches the shrine. "Maybe there'll even be enough left to remember after all this."

Bayushi Sukekage stops short as he enters, seeing another present...

Ah yes, the Crab who came close to falling in the pond yesterday.

The Scorpion bows but remains silent for the moment, as surely Yukarin would have prayers to offer...

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:37 pm 

It was true she was sitting seiza near a statue with her eyes closed and her hands folded together... But she looked up at the sound of someone entering and inclined her head.

"Do not let me stop you from your own prayers or rituals, Bayushi-sama," she said softly, "I am more contemplating things than still praying at this point, so you are not disturbing me certainly."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 pm 

"I'm mostly here to...well, to remember, really," he replies. "To try to recall the lessons of the past and apply them to the present. This simply seems like an appropriate place for the task."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 pm 

"Ah."

She still spoke softly, though not quite so softly as before.

"I was more praying for the future, ironically I suppose. The peace of this place and the custom of coming here at least once a week has become a sanctuary of sorts for my mind. It provides at least some degree of clarity."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm 

"Clarity," Sukekage notes, "is a rare find in these troubled times. So many have become lost in their ways, led astray by the madness of the usurper and his forces..."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:27 pm 

"If only clarity always meant making the right choices... Still, from what I've heard, you're not far off at the very least, in this case. Did you come to the city here from the Imperial court then?"

Yukarin, still sitting formally, moved her hands to her lap and turned herself with a few scoots of her legs to face the Bayushi more squarely.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:36 pm 

"Ah, no, I was abroad seeing to other matters when word reached me of the assassination," he responds. "I rushed here to offer what help I can. Anything I can do to oppose unnatural forces that seek to conquer the land of the living... I take it, though, that you have been in the city for some time?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:00 am 

"About a fortnight now, much of that taken up by the winter court here. This is the fifth time I've visited this shrine since I arrived here."

She thought a second.

"...or maybe my sixth. I am actually starting to lose track, I think. This winter is starting to all blend together a bit."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 am 

"That can happen," agrees Sukekage, "and the blurring rush of current events would not help, I imagine. I hope you found the Winter Court satisfying, though, as long as it could remain so given the circumstances."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:02 am 

"Oh, certainly. Very educational. It was my first winter court, so there was a lot to learn. Not to mention my first time in a Lion city. I can hardly accuse everything of being exciting, per say. But satisfying? Certainly that. I would rather it go back to being dull though, so I can return to my husband in Crab lands. The wishes of mortals are small things though compared to the movements of the Heavens."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 am 

"That's a great distance to be separated from a loved one," Sukekage replies, his voice suddenly gone soft and quiet, "and for such a long time. Treasure every moment you have with him - you never know how long you'll have."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 am 

"Well, all we've had together since the wedding is four weeks, so I am certainly looking forward to getting back; We barely had a chance to get things moved in and such, let along situated. But then, when I make it back, I am not sure I'll be in much of a mood for sorting things."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:38 am 

"I'm sure he'll understand," says Sukekage, attempting to sound comforting, "and I'm sure you'll be fine and ready to go for anything, even after all this. The resilience of the Crab never ceases to amaze."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:18 am 

"You're darn well right he'll understand; He's the best, really. As to the resilience of the Crab... you're not wrong. But then, I've only been a Crab since the start of winter, so I'm not sure that it's rubbed off on me yet. Still, that DOES mean my husband will be able to help under my capable guidance. I ~am~ very good at sorting and organizing things efficiently, after all."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 am 

"New to your clan, and already sent out to represent them?" Sukekage asks, impressed. "That's uncommon trust, and proof of your quality. This may not be a major court, but for one who's yet to be granted an invite..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:43 am 

"Hai, I am very grateful to the Crab for putting that trust in me. I know proving myself at Dark Edge Village had some say in that, and my husband put a good word in for me too... So all I can do is be grateful, to those things and the Fortunes for the opportunity."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:13 am 

"That sounds like a wonderful life you've got ahead of you," the Scorpion says, almost sadly. "I must confess I envy you, just a touch. It...it must be nice to be welcomed and valued."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 pm 

A tilt of Yukarin's head, "I consider myself lucky in that regard, certainly. Do you feel your Clan does not value your own service, Bayushi-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:26 pm 

"I'm...unusual for a Scorpion. An event in my past," he explains, "led me to pursue a life more in line with virtue and honor. Those are not admired qualities among those who do not allow morality to interfere with their duty. They call us 'junshin' - 'pure of heart'. To my clan, that means I'm not to be trusted."