It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

Post subject: Re: (D2, EE) A Good Soak
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:56 pm 

He let the comment about his mother go. It was the kind of barb you traded with another who'd lost their whole family to the idiotic circumstances of this shit world.

Bland-san's words helped focus him.

"That's a serious problem. Any of these clowns working for the steel chrysanthemum could walk in here, claiming to be a refugee. How many Scorpion have there been?"

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:07 pm 

Degarashi shook his head. "I'm not certain how many among the refugees are or claim to be Scorpion. Nor am I certain how many of our fellows will be useful in hunting down any potential plants. Yukinaga-sama is too trusting, Sukekage-sama is too unstable, Sara-sama is too," he shuddered, "visible. And I can't form an opinion in any direction about Setsuna-sama."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:17 pm 

"There has to be some manner of trust. Each of them was given their gempukku for a reason and low population can't be it in all their cases. You seem the type to have background in Intelligence, ever worked as a scout or has it all been woodwork (inside wooden buildings of importance)?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 pm 

Aya rolled her eyes at Norikun's questions.

"You could just admit you like Degarshi-san's leg, Norikun. I don't trust easily, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders as well. I'm willing to bet he's got some talent at quiet crowd work."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 pm 

Degarashi sighed and relaxed his posture slightly. "My apologies that's something of my sensei speaking through me. I do have measure of experience with scouting thanks to one of my more prominent contacts. But neither am I one to throw stones. My gempukku was... prominently delayed."

Now it was his turn to snort. "Maybe I'm just bland enough for him to indulge that I'm his favored unreachable woman."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:35 pm 

"Clearly..."

He met each of their eyes then.

"Yogo-chan, there's a chance we'll have to make do on supplies, can you be ready by late tonight? Degarashi-san, I can't give anyone orders, so it's up to you to steer Yukinaga-san in the right direction. We need to clear house before we can move forward, understand?:

Obstacles had to be cleared, whether monsters or slow moving command structure, and they had to be certain there were no spies among them to weed out those in the city.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:44 pm 

"I should be able to handle my brother without much issue. I've been doing it most of my life at this point. What is it that you need in the late night? I can't promise assistance, but I can ensure none if I don't know the needs."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:55 pm 

Aya snorts.

"I wouldn't be much of a wardmaster if I wasn't prepared to go." she counters.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"I should be able to handle my brother without much issue. I've been doing it most of my life at this point. What is it that you need in the late night? I can't promise assistance, but I can ensure none if I don't know the needs."

"Partner up with someone and find out if there are any scorpion here we didn't know about before, then find out where their allegiance lies and deal with them if you have to."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:16 am 

"Ah, yes. I can certainly devote myself to such an endeavor. If you have any suggestions for who to contact in regards to collaboration, please let me know. And if you expect trouble making it out, or in, the city gates, contact Kasuga Seitouna. He should be prepared to assist should it be necessary."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:27 am 

"Someone among our known number, a bushi with free time. You might need back up. I don't know everyone or I'd give a name", he replied with a shrug.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:30 am 

"Understood. I shall devote myself to it immediately." Degarashi bowed, the prepared to rise. "Is there anything else you think I should know?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:55 am 

"If you know anyone decent in the woods and handy with a bow i wouldn't send them away when its time for us to move", he mentioned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 am 

"Oh." He smiled. "I know just the person. I shall contact them immediately." Then Degarashi bowed and made his exit.

/ exit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:07 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"Well enough; It's always a treat to have hot water on a chilly evening, even if things aren't the best."

Whether she was referring the the situation in the city or the unique smell was up for debate. To herself, she was referring to both.

"A little bit of relaxation before what I imagine will be an even busier day tomorrow."

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Arigato for your offer, Kasuga-san. I would be honored to pay a visit, should the chance ever exert itself." Glancing to Yukarin, she nodded a bit. "I've already been quite busy, but I imagine it will be more eventful at least. If it is not... then that could be just as bad."

"It has certainly been a busy day today, to say the least, though positively so," he added as he turned to Yukarin. "And how about you, Yasuki-san? Have you spent many moons in Toshi no Omoidoso or do you come from the court as well?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:21 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Arigato for your offer, Kasuga-san. I would be honored to pay a visit, should the chance ever exert itself." Glancing to Yukarin, she nodded a bit. "I've already been quite busy, but I imagine it will be more eventful at least. If it is not... then that could be just as bad."

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"It has certainly been a busy day today, to say the least, though positively so," he added as he turned to Yukarin. "And how about you, Yasuki-san? Have you spent many moons in Toshi no Omoidoso or do you come from the court as well?"

She shook her head, "Not from the court, no. I've indeed been here a bit. At least a month at this point. The hospitality has been quite nice indeed, all things considered. I had thought the city to be a bit slow, up until the past day or two, really. Well... not really. But slow enough for my tastes."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:01 am 

"Well, I imagine the hustle and bustle will pick up in short order. Though only having been here but a couple days, it has been pleasant all the same. The Kakokuna Ressun Garden was quite lovely this morning with the snow falling gently down and covering the treetops and branches ever-so-nicely," he said before ducking down momentarily to dip his shoulders and neck in the water for warmth.

"And how about before here and now, Yasuki-san?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:05 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya snorts.

After Degarashi left, Norikami laid back again near Aya.

"Well, this is turning out to be more of a pain that I thought..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:31 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya snorts.

After Degarashi left, Norikami laid back again near Aya.

"Well, this is turning out to be more of a pain that I thought..."

Aya shrugged.

"An Emperor dies at the hand of a madman who leads an army of killers to chase the wtinesses? About as painful as I thought."

She notices the welt on Norikun's skin.

"Speaking of pain, decided to give the monsters a head start by softening yourself up?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:57 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
"Speaking of pain, decided to give the monsters a head start by softening yourself up?"

"Did a little sparring this morning, not the usual, but I still won", he said and laid his arms out, tilting his head back. "It was a nice morning. So much better than a meeting."