It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voices in the Crowd (D2, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 pm 

Sara's eyes darkened. "Hopefully we won't have more similar situation. The clans will gather their strength and crush this rebel and murderer scum." She seemed furious as she spoke, then let out a sigh. "I hope your trust in the city and the clan will come to fruition Ikoma-san."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:09 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' I suppose so, hmm Dragon-sama '' Nagiko shrugs, her fan covering her features. '' This one is Nagiko, from the Islands of Spice and Silk.'' She bowed to the dragoness as she presented herself.

Manami bows just lower than Nagiko. "This one is Agasha Manami, proud student of the Serene Wave temple on Shima no Kinu. It is a great pleasure to meet you." Manami offers a genuine smile, pleased at the meeting even in the bustle of the crowded streets. She does step closer to Nagiko to minimise the space they are taking, and Takeshi moves to the side of the women, breaking the waves of refugees to pass either side of them. His unsubtle face suggests he doesn't like this as a meeting place.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:18 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara's eyes darkened. "Hopefully we won't have more similar situation. The clans will gather their strength and crush this rebel and murderer scum." She seemed furious as she spoke, then let out a sigh. "I hope your trust in the city and the clan will come to fruition Ikoma-san."

"Is the saying not The worst enemy is the absence of hope, Shosuro-san?" Homura said with a nod "you can trust in the Lion, and in turn the Lion knows they can trust in their allies the Scorpion. The rest of Rokugan will band together as you can see by those who have gathered to help. All clans, great and minor, and even the brotherhood."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:26 pm 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
"And I'm called Myo-en. Of the Togashi order, as you guessed, Doji-sama." Myo-en finds a spot for her jars and sets them down carefully before making a Dragonish bow, left hand cupped over right, "I only have a little skill, but my hands are willing. And I have seen a few field hospitals, enough to know a skilled doctor if I see one at work." She glances over her shoulder at the swirling crowd. "Did you blow in from the north with these people? I don't remember seeing you in this city before... though I have only been here since autumn."

He tapped the shoulder of the patient he was, sending them on their way with a gentle word about seeing the Lion about a place to sleep.

"Hai, I did. I was fortunate enough to be with the Lion delegation when the event occurred, and we cut our way out after their suite was attacked."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:49 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
[
"Is the saying not The worst enemy is the absence of hope, Shosuro-san?" Homura said with a nod "you can trust in the Lion, and in turn the Lion knows they can trust in their allies the Scorpion. The rest of Rokugan will band together as you can see by those who have gathered to help. All clans, great and minor, and even the brotherhood."

Sara smiled. "Hai, even the brotherhood. We are living in interesting times, even more than usual, it seems." She sighed. "Have you lost hope Ikoma-san? Or do you fear these poor refugees might?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:09 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled. "Hai, even the brotherhood. We are living in interesting times, even more than usual, it seems." She sighed. "Have you lost hope Ikoma-san? Or do you fear these poor refugees might?"

"The refugees have now got shelter and protection from the Lion clan, who will defend this city with every fibre of their being. I do not lose hope, I have belief in my kin and in everyone here. The people in the city will be well protected" Homura said with confidence, smiling at Sara "so keep your spirits high, and guide them with your words. This is your biggest stage yet Shosuro-san, and the audience is hanging on your every word."

Just don't think of any that may not get in...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:03 pm 

Matsu Kōgyoku wrote:
"You could look after those that look like your own, samurai or heimin. There were some of the Dragon in Morikage Toshi, and we have no obligation to take care of them here." Kōgyoku offered, trying to find a compromise as she was harbouring no ill will toward the girl.

Poemu gave a faint smile in return. "Then I will search through the crowd only for those that bear the mon of a Dragon. Arigato, Matsu-sama."

Giving another bow, Poemu wandered off to do just that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:10 pm 

"You'll have my appreciation for doing so, Agasha-san." The magistrate bowed back and returned to her yoriki and doshin.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"The refugees have now got shelter and protection from the Lion clan, who will defend this city with every fibre of their being. I do not lose hope, I have belief in my kin and in everyone here. The people in the city will be well protected" Homura said with confidence, smiling at Sara "so keep your spirits high, and guide them with your words. This is your biggest stage yet Shosuro-san, and the audience is hanging on your every word."

Just don't think of any that may not get in...

Sara smiled back. "It is certainly a large stage, if one thinks of it that way." Of course she did.

"The Right Hand of the Emperor will prevail, as it had done many times in the past, I am sure."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:49 pm 

Agasha Manami wrote:
Manami bows just lower than Nagiko. "This one is Agasha Manami, proud student of the Serene Wave temple on Shima no Kinu. It is a great pleasure to meet you." Manami offers a genuine smile, pleased at the meeting even in the bustle of the crowded streets. She does step closer to Nagiko to minimise the space they are taking, and Takeshi moves to the side of the women, breaking the waves of refugees to pass either side of them. His unsubtle face suggests he doesn't like this as a meeting place.

'' Eh, that is a surprise.'' She said as she fanned herself. '' Two Mantis trained shugenja in just a few hours'' Nagiko had also just meet Osamu. '' It is quite a pleasant surprise'' She bows to Manami and to what appears to be her yojimbo as well.

'' Might i ask you a question Agasha Manami-san? Were you part of my clan in the past or were you trained by my cousins on the Island of Silk? You don't have to answer if you don't want to of course'' She asked politely.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:56 pm 

"Alright everyone, you will be located in a reasonable manner. No cutting"

It's a mob mentality as the scouting party is returning home. Erina doesn't have a ton of grace with words, but she has one powerful thing for crowd control: a pair of warcats, obvious symbols of authority and implied threat with non-compliance.

It's a high risk maneuver, but it seems to pay off. People are cowed by the looming presence, and at least are quiet instead of outwardly panicking.

---
Influence Thread, 2 called raises, TN 25, VP spent-Awareness/courtier: 5d10o10k4 25
3 Imperialist Points

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled back. "It is certainly a large stage, if one thinks of it that way." Of course she did.

"The Right Hand of the Emperor will prevail, as it had done many times in the past, I am sure."

"You can be sure of that Shosuro-san" Homura nodded with a smirk "put your faith in us to defend the city."

She paused, before gazing at Sara - or specifically, where ones weapons would sit.

"Forgive me for asking, but does Shosuro-san have martial training or a yojimbo?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:24 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
He tapped the shoulder of the patient he was, sending them on their way with a gentle word about seeing the Lion about a place to sleep.

"Hai, I did. I was fortunate enough to be with the Lion delegation when the event occurred, and we cut our way out after their suite was attacked."

"So you've seen them, the ones who broke the Wheel and returned to life." The monk casts him a curious look, while dabbling a rag in warm water to clean a courtier's angry-looking chillblains. "Do they look like ordinary living people? The rumors say they fight fiercely."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
"Might i ask you a question Agasha Manami-san? Were you part of my clan in the past or were you trained by my cousins on the Island of Silk? You don't have to answer if you don't want to of course'' She asked politely.

"I'm just a fortunate student of the Mantis, Nagiko-sama. I was born in the mountains of the Dragon but have spent most of my recent years at sea or on the beautiful islands of your home." The young woman beams. "I'm most honored to have trained where the strongest connection to the kami of sea and thunder is possible."

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:20 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
"You can be sure of that Shosuro-san" Homura nodded with a smirk "put your faith in us to defend the city."

She paused, before gazing at Sara - or specifically, where ones weapons would sit.

"Forgive me for asking, but does Shosuro-san have martial training or a yojimbo?"

Sara smiled. "Ie, no yojimbo. Some minor skills at combat." There was a knife on her, but not much else. "I simply have my faith." She stared into Homura's eyes. "The faith you would like to have?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:22 am 

Agasha Manami wrote:
"I'm just a fortunate student of the Mantis, Nagiko-sama. I was born in the mountains of the Dragon but have spent most of my recent years at sea or on the beautiful islands of your home." The young woman beams. "I'm most honored to have trained where the strongest connection to the kami of sea and thunder is possible."

'' Just call me -san, please, no need to use such formality with one as me.'' Nagiko offered as a smile to the Agasha.

How strange and unique. A great claner trained by a minor one. Nagiko thought. '' Indeed. I have just talked with one of your fellow priests, Osamu-san. Indeed the power of thunder flows deeply among the teachings of my people. To hear one person of another clan say such praises to the teachings of my clan, honors me. Arigato.'' She bowed to the Agasha.

then a pause.

'' So Agasha-san, what brings you here, might i ask? Where you a refugee from the Court or did you came from somewhere else?'' She asked.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:26 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
"So you've seen them, the ones who broke the Wheel and returned to life." The monk casts him a curious look, while dabbling a rag in warm water to clean a courtier's angry-looking chillblains. "Do they look like ordinary living people? The rumors say they fight fiercely."

"I failed to notice a difference between them and us, Togashi-san, save differences of social custom or expectations, at times, depending on when they lived their...first lives, I suppose one would say. The situation is strange enough that the terminology seems inadequate."

He turns to his next patient, tsking softly at the child's injured foot, clearly stepped on by someone's hoofed animal--a horse, perhaps a large donkey.

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:35 am 

Asakuro tried to keep the crowd gathered before him calm and cool, espousing that they were now under safe and watchful eyes behind the city walls and that the actions caused by the Steel Chrysanthemum would not be forgotten. As the crowds moved onward into the city, the Kasuga tried his best to catch the various mons on the outfits that walked by, keeping an eye out for someone - anyone - that was coming into the city from the Tortoise delegation he had been with at court.

Where are you, Sotai? And the others - are you here among them now...?

Influence roll: Success w/ 3 raises, +4 Imperialist points

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:47 am 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled. "Ie, no yojimbo. Some minor skills at combat." There was a knife on her, but not much else. "I simply have my faith." She stared into Homura's eyes. "The faith you would like to have?"

Homura held Sara's gaze for a few moments, looking deeply into the Scorpion womans eyes before speaking.

"Don't worry Shosuro-san, I'll keep my eyes on you" there was a grin "it is my duty to look after those who need protection, ne?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:11 am 

Doji Koushi wrote:
Togashi Myo-en wrote:

"I failed to notice a difference between them and us, Togashi-san, save differences of social custom or expectations, at times, depending on when they lived their...first lives, I suppose one would say. The situation is strange enough that the terminology seems inadequate."

He turns to his next patient, tsking softly at the child's injured foot, clearly stepped on by someone's hoofed animal--a horse, perhaps a large donkey.

"It is. The world is out out of joint." Myo-en carries on with her minor tasks even when her 'patient' winces and flinches. "There is a chance for re-alignment, repair... but it might be like breaking a bone to re-set it, I think." She winces a bit herself at her recollection of what that can be like (not first-hand, thankfully).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next