It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Die Is Cast (Day 2, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:58 pm 

This was getting uglier than he anticipated, but the Crane were professional smoothers-out of issues.

"Obviously, the Governor's permission will be sought. We wished to sound out your opinion as to feasibility. None of us is inexperienced in matters of protocol, Matsu-san, although your loyalty and caution do you credit."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 pm 

Horonigai bows to the implicit insult she understood Mogami offered, adding, "Ne. Arigatou gozaimashita, Matsu-san. Both your suggestions to deal with the issue and your perspective of us has been accounted for."

She looks to the others, providing a deeper bow than the one offered to the Matsu, "Minna-san. Osakini, shitsurei shimasu. I'll take my leave to bring this topic to the Governor."

/exit if not stopped

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:36 pm 

Mogami looked at Koushi and then to Horonigai and frustration finally brought forth the famed Matsu temper.

"HEAVEN'S DAMN IT ALL, STOP SEPPUN-SAMA!"

Rage boils in her.

"Am I that terrible at nuance? Can you not understand what I am trying to tell you?!"

She shouts and some of her men look over to her and stop their drills.

"I am telling you I can do nothing, but you can! You have forced me to stain my own honor and admit I am helpless instead of taking the hint. You ask for my tactical assessment? I just damned hundreds of people so this city could survive. Their deaths are on MY shoulders. I would want nothing more than to assist them, help them, save them. Compassion tells me that, but Duty tells me what I must do instead."

Her rage turns to a quiver of raw emotion.

"But you do not have the same Duty."

She falls into a seiza

"Help them where I have failed, I beg you"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:01 pm 

Horonigai stops as the Lion roars the truth from her heart. The Imperial nearly gags while her back is turned, but manages to swallow dry, and dismisses any though of insolence from the Matsu.

She knows that as a Seppun, her own Family's failure was a much bloodier honor stain than anyone's else.

The Imperial says, turning around, "We all share this duty, Matsu-san. I would not assume there would be any nuance or hint to be noticed in your words."

There's a nod, and her eyes look much more empathetic to Mogami's internal conflict. "We have no room for misunderstandings. I do encourage all of us to be crystal clear to each other, and if we are not, that we identify and correct it."

Horonigai bows, deeper, and stays for a while to demonstrate respect for Mogami's explanation.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 pm 

Tsukimi had wathed the exchange kind of like how one watches an avalanche. And then it had really become an avalanche. To her, the Matsu's words had seem simple enough...

"Matsu-sama, it is difficult to be torn between one's self and one's duty. If it is any consolation... I will do as a Togashi wont to do," with that, she gave Mogami a warm but somewhat enigmatic smile.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:45 pm 

Koushi nodded to Tsukimi. "Hai, you like a Togashi, and I like a Crane."

He bowed formally to the others.

"It seems I have a meeting to prepare for. I wish you all the Fortunes' blessings,"

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:05 am 

Horonigai looked to Tsukimi as she started talking with a serene face, expecting much wisdom.

As the Dragon finishes her statement, Horonigai can't help but to blink even more, thinking internally, I will do as a Togashi wont to do.... what's the part of the being crystal clear people are not getting?

As Koushi takes his bow, so does Horonigai. "Minna-san, osakini, shitsurei shimasu. I'll do the same, ne! May the light of Heavens shine your path."

/Exit if not stopped, once more >_>... <_<

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:10 am 

Mogami stays in seiza as the conversations take place. A few more of the men behind her stare at the situation unfolding. Peasants not having the same decorum and etiquette that Samurai would have. They did not understand that it was proper to ignore what was happening.

Instead, they look on with confused and concerned looks as the person they look up to is brought so low.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:22 am 

Tsukimi looked at Horonigai, accepting it as the Seppun doing what she had to do to be true to herself. "May you step well on your path, Seppun-sama," she offered as her goodbye, but didn't move to stop the girl from leaving.

Everyone had their paths to follow.

"Don't be disheartened, Matsu-sama," the monk offered kindly to the young Lioness.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 am 

Mogami raised her head and seeing the other two walking away, she slowly stands.

"Togashi-san..."

She seems lost for words for a moment.

"I have heard that your family is wise beyond many. I could use some of that wisdom right now."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:13 am 

"Hmm..." the monk said thoughtfully at first. It seemed stange that there were others flocking to her as a fountain of wisdom these days, but... it would be a failure on her behalf to not do her best to provide what little wisdom she did have.

"It is known to me that the Lion do not read the Little Teacher's words, but he also said; "Following my footsteps will not lead you to what I found"." She considered it for a moment.

"I could say something that would be soothing or pleasing, but it might not be the right words, for growth is painful - as is the soul's passage through Ningen-do. However, every hurt and every failure, is the opportunity to learn and do better. A man who has never known defeat won't ever know the true meaning of victory."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:23 am 

Mogami listens and nods.

"Some Lion study the Tao, Togashi-san."

She gives a smile

"I had my first lesson this morning, even."

She glances back at her men and gives a slight frown.

"What should I tell them? I was not a very good example for them just now."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:29 am 

"Ah," her expression brightens a little, "you've began your journey of understanding more of the world then, Matsu-sama. I hope it will aid you well."

As for what to say to the budoka... Tsukimi looked in their direction, still keeping her serene expression. She had never had to consider speaking to a group of people in such a manner.

"I believe that is an answer you might know better than I, no? What would Akodo One-Eye do?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:41 am 

Mogami closes her eyes and thinks.

And then sighs.

"The only thing that comes to my mind at the moment is 'If men began to speak ill of his leader the seed of doubt would bring defeat.'..."

She opens her eyes and frowns again.

"They just witnessed me be chastised by one of the Imperial family members, and saw be break my On..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 am 

She nodded faintly. "Well, we can't undo what has been done, but we can start anew," Tsukimi offered. She looked to the archery range, then gestured to herself.

"Shall we see how well you can train a complete beginner like me in archery? Their hopes might be rekindled once they see they are in capable hands."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:51 am 

Mogami places a finger on her cheek, tapping it as she thinks.

"That would be a start. I will still need to think of words to re-inspire their confidence as well. I have much to think on in that regard. Perhaps Honesty and Sincerity will give me the answer, but how to do it without implicating Seppun-sama as being....misunderstanding?"

"And on that, you heard the words I spoke, how could I have said them more clearly?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 am 

At that, Tsukimi had to give an honest shrug. "Honestly, your words and intent seemed clear to me. But it's not the first time I've seen the Seppun princess be... challenging. But that is who she is, and she must do what is her nature. Just as I do what is my nature." Judging from how she spoke, Tsukimi had no ill will for the Imperial.

"Misunderstandings are a natural part of life, especially so when many different lives collide in trying circumstances. The bird must learn to understand the lion, just as the lion must come to understand the flower, if we are to find harmony. Use what happened to teach your men that a failure is an opportunity for growth, for you have now seen where you yourself must improve."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:03 am 

"The words about the Togashi have proven true."

She gives Tsukimi a smile, but only with her eyes. Her On has returned and she begins walking toward the section of the wall turned into an archery range.

"This is Togashi-sama to all of you. She has requested to be taught the art of Kyujutsu. Give us the range, and watch with every bit of attention you have."

She turns to Tsukimi and hands her a Han-Kyo that one of the peasants had left propped against the stone battlement.

"First, Togashi-san, feel the wood and reach out to its spirit. Let it flow into you as if it was part of your body. An extension of your arm."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:09 am 

Following Mogami, Tsukimi offered a bow to the assembled students. "Thank you for being allowed to practice with you."

The han-kyu, accepted, felt strange in her hands compared to the weapons she was more familiar with - like the sword, or a staff. Think of it as a very strange staff, she suggested to herself. Tsukimi knew fully well that she could allow the divine blood of the dragons grant her insight into the weapon, as if warriors of the past channeled their skill through her... but no, that is not how one could learn to do it themselves.

She gave the string a few tugs to test its strength. "It seems... much lighter, than I thought. It must have been made from a tree with a good spirit." The muscles on her exposed arm betrayed that she was no dainty little thing. "If the bow is an extension of my arm, what is the arrow, Matsu-sensei?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:19 am 

"The arrow is not part of you. It is its own being, with its own mind. You are simply giving it life, and then it will know its way."

She maneuvers herself to be within comfortable sight of Tsukimi, and takes her Yumi into hand.

"Copy my footwork. First, place your shoulder to the target. Then, your legs slightly wider than your shoulders. Imagine a triangle, with your head and your feet its points. The tips of your toes should be underneath your elbows when your arms are outstretched. Point your feet where if you drew a line out the back of your forward foot and the out the back of your rear foot, where the lines meet should have a 90' angle. Your front foot should be slightly angled point toward the target, your rear angled to the rear. "

She takes up the position to demonstrate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next