It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Post subject: Re: Morning Prayers [D2 EM]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:13 pm 

"Despite whatever name he may have carried in life, he committed regicide and is attempting usurpation. There is no world where I can conscious such actions." She took a breath. "That said, it is still a weighty choice to have to make."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 pm 

She nodded a bit, then hesitated out a question. "Ano... those that killed the Son of Heaven are no less culpable, and deserve no less. Could it not be said the same for them that you say about the... former Emperor? Even if one among them once carried the Agasha name, I would feel the same after all."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 pm 

Ah, the difficult question. "It depends on their reasoning, I suppose. If they carry his bloodlust, then I would say they are too dangerous to remain. But practically, if they can be saved or redeemed, an effort should be made to allow that. If we keep killing everyone subordinate to someone who has erred, there'd be no Samurai left."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 pm 

A nod. "...But is it not also true that a subordinate is honorable when they take the responsibility on themselves for the faults of their lord? If they are all from Toshigoku, I am not certain any lack that realm's lust for blood, but... if there is still honor among them at all, that would be the honorable course, hai?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 am 

"It would be, though there are some actions that are unforgivable enough that the consequences must fall upon the guilty part. This is one of those moments in my mind. None should stand in answer for the Emperor's death but his murderer."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:04 am 

"And for the murder of so many others? If I were to find one among their numbers that killed none, perhaps I would see some sort of leniency, but as is... I was not in the court room when it happened, but from what I have heard..." She trailed off, eyes flitting down. She was no soft hearted Doji, but she still didn't like speaking of such violence.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:30 pm 

"If they were acting on orders of their Lord? One might say their Lord is responsible for their actions. But it is hard to say. Likely once this war is over, it will be it's own matter to work out and deal with." She shook her head. "I've no love lost for these spirits, don't get me wrong. But this is likely only to get more complicated before it becomes simple."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 pm 

Isawa Miwako entered the shrine quietly and set about offering prayers to the Matsu spirit. With the plans she had for the morning, it felt appropriate to honor Hitomi and seek guidance from her story.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:19 pm 

She gave a bow to the Phoenix that entered in acknowledgement, the 'red hair?' thought going unspoken before she turned to Tani again and nodded. "That seems to line up with all the questions and thoughts Togashi-dono shared with us. I am certain a priest or Togashi would phrase it in more eloquently koan's, but 'do not assume what the truth is' is close enough."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:23 pm 

"I don't do well with the indirect," she shrugged. "Life is simpler when one simply knows the enemy before them. But of course, life rarely endeavors to make things that simple." There was a small sigh, but then she turned to Miwako and bowed as she noticed the phoenix.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 pm 

It didn't take long. Miwako was not the type to draw out prayer beyond what was needed to offer proper respect and reverence. She rose and turned to the other two women, offering a proper bow in greeting.

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:11 am 

Having already bowed, Poemu spoke up. "Greetings Isawa-san. This is Matus Tani, and I am Agasha Poemu. Have you had rice yet this morning?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:37 am 

"I have, thank you." she nodded. "I am Isawa Miwako. My apologies for disrupting your conversation."