It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:36 pm

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM, Kashiwagi's Room] Serpentine Meeting (Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:05 am 

"Perhaps. The idea of a half-human isn't completely out of the blue at this point. It's pure hypothesis at this point of course."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:09 am 

The Saravya wrote:
"Perhaps. The idea of a half-human isn't completely out of the blue at this point. It's pure hypothesis at this point of course."

"You mean outside of the Noriko," he replied.

"This will require some thought, but you mentioned something you wished to speak about, I assume outside of sexual intercourse between our species."

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:39 am 

"Yes... I meant the idea of a half-Naga being created outside of magic was hypothetical. Not that the whole concept was hypothetical. The Noriko..." She pressed her lips together. "... was a unique person."

"We mostly already went over it. The madness of the Shashakar affecting me and others. As I mentioned, my people currently have no solution, so I thought putting our heads together with the knowledge of the Rokugani might bear more fruit. Currently, I meditate each day and it helps keep him from affecting my actions too much."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 am 

“It is a possible solution, combining our knowledge could bear useful fruit. What effects are your people suffering? Are they consistent or does each one individual feel it differently from another? Are certain bloodlines more susceptible than others? Within Rokugan society certain lineages are more prone to certain ailments of the body and mind than others, hence the Yogo of the Scorpion and their infamous Curse or the Crane lineages and their white hair… or other ailments,” he replied.

“You say you meditate each day, how does that help and what symptoms are you feeling,” he said, finding a scroll to begin taking notes.

“I am curious if these effects are magnified by the presence of Lord Moon, the Pale Eye.”

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 pm 

"Interesting... I didn't know the white hair of the Crane was an ailment." She filed that away in her mind for the moment. "... The Shashakar's madness echoes through my mind from the Akasha. It begins as simply a distraction, and if I have focused that day, it quiets enough that I can act without impediment. If days pass without concentration on the greater mind past the madness, it becomes an increasingly large presence in my mind until I can hardly do anything."

"Also, since it's taken hold, I've discovered that not all of it is mere madness. Some of what comes to my mind during sleep comes true afterward."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:59 pm 

"So you have prophetic visions? This began after the madness set in?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:32 pm 

She nodded. "They're not common, but they occur, and only since then."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:22 pm 

The Saravya wrote:
She nodded. "They're not common, but they occur, and only since then."

"How does this affect the others?" he asked. "Do they have the same symptoms and gifts or is this different for each naga?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:04 am 

"It seems to be consistently present with all of us."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:32 am 

The Saravya wrote:
"It seems to be consistently present with all of us."

Kashiwagi nodded and then frowned considering that bit of information. He then said, “What are the visions you see, are you willing to tell me about them, are they about a specific subject or just snippets of the future and not really connected?”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:51 am 

"The visions are vague and come with dreams. They're unconnected as far as I can tell," she replied. "Sometimes big events, sometimes small."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:31 am 

The Saravya wrote:
"The visions are vague and come with dreams. They're unconnected as far as I can tell," she replied. "Sometimes big events, sometimes small."

“Interesting, I want to get to that Saravya but I want to try an exercise with you, this is a test given to subjects of interest of the Inquisition, these series of questions were created with a samurai in mind so I will have to adjust them as best as I can. Please answer them as truthfully as you can.”

“Would you like to give it a try?”
he offered calmly.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 am 

"Of course," she agreed, gesturing for him to proceed. The tip of her tail swished lightly against the floor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:22 am 

The Saravya wrote:
"Of course," she agreed, gesturing for him to proceed. The tip of her tail swished lightly against the floor.

The great hero asked the first question, "You are walking along the edge of a cliff. You stumble And push a peasant, or lower caste naga, off the edge by mistake. How does this make you feel?"

Kashiwagi asked, "You are an Inquisitor, someone who hunts the Foul and it's minions, who is tasked with hunting heretics. After removing one, how do you feel?"

He asked another question, "While walking along a road, you suddenly look down and see a turtle crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over onto its back. The turtle lies there, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over, but it cannot do so without your help. You are not helping. Why?"

OOC: Going to list several questions in order for simplicity.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:15 am 

She listened to each question carefully, answering in turn.

"That's horrifying. It's not deliberate violence, but still..." She shook her head, closing her eyes. "I do hope that they manage to survive... it's not impossible. I would want to make it down to see and try to help."

"I mean... That is what I am. Our scouts specialize in uncovering the Foul," she responded. "I'd be satisfied with a job well done, and glad it's no longer a threat. I would be tense and ready to see if there are more."

"I don't know. I don't know why anyone would do that. Where on earth did that come from?" She looked genuinely baffled at that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:23 pm 

The Asako nodded and wrote down notes and responded to her last answer, “It’s just a question, just answer them to the best of your ability.”

He continued, “You are watching a street performer work with his dog but it fails to do the tricks properly so he beats it with a stick, how do you react?”

Kashiwagi added, “You are at a play, story theater if you are unfamiliar with the term, it is very enjoyable, but then you notice a scorpion on your arm, how do you react?”

He continued this series of questions with, “You are eating a meal, a soup or naga equivalent, it is a delicious meal when you notice there is live vermin, insect, fly, worm what have you, in the soup. You tell the cook and they say it is part of the dish, how do you react?”

“Finally, what are your thoughts on death?”
he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:27 pm 

"That's the answer. I don't know why I or anyone would do something like that.," She replied with a shrug.

"I would hopefully at least talk to him, try to convince him to find another way. There's no need for that."

"Freeze at first, probably, then remove it as safely as I can. Generally were too big for them to be deadly, but that could be unpleasant for me or those around me."

"I mean... if it's a Naga dish, that's possible. Rodents are pretty common food. Bugs are less pleasant, but..."
She shrugged.

"I don't look forward to the end of my life, but it isn't a source of fear, either. I will rejoin the Akasha and await rebirth."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:57 pm 

"Excellent, I had wanted to try that with an actual naga and see how similar or dissimilar your emotional reactions would be, I am mostly sure you are not a shapeshifterr or possessed," he said calmly and seriously.

"Could you tell me about your most recent visions?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 am 

"I wonder if the arrangement of our soul would affect whether possession is possible and how difficult it would be?" She mused. "Or the ritual that immunizes us to The Foul."

"I saw a bright light to the far west, swarmed with living darkness."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 am 

"Is the idea of possession alien to the naga?" he asked.

TN 0 to be Recognized.