It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D2, EE) A Good Soak
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 pm 

Degarashi fixed both of his fellows with a stare, then leaned back on his palms, staring up and speaking low so that only Aya and Norikami could hear him, and to mask his lips from reading. "That depends on your level of competence. I did not speak much earlier as I'm not terribly confident in the capabilities of my betters."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:16 pm 

He took in what Degarashi said without a sigh.

Having been spared the wrath of Oni-no-Aya, Norikami took the towel.off his face and shifted in the bath to face the other two and keep the converation a little private if possible.

"Yogo-chan, you go first, and you can leave all the gambatte and in these dark times rheroric out."

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:23 pm 

No naked tackling. Not at the moment.

Looking over at the other two, Yukarin decided to take a piqued interest in the talks about winter court, scooting closer to the Agasha and Kasuga.

"Hello; This one is Yasuki Yukarin. I pray I am not interrupting?"

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:31 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
He took in what Degarashi said without a sigh.

Having been spared the wrath of Oni-no-Aya, Norikami took the towel.off his face and shifted in the bath to face the other two and keep the converation a little private if possible.

"Yogo-chan, you go first, and you can leave all the gambatte and in these dark times rheroric out."

Aya smirked.

"It's going to be a short update then. The Shosuro daimyo wants us to support the Empress. There was a surge of refugees this morning, and the Lion closed the gates on some of them. Sukekage the Tactician has determined that there is a wall with two gates, and fears that the Lion don't understand tactics, and that the refugees that were not admitted will turn around to the people chasing them this way and sign up to attempt revenge. He'd also like to stab me, publicly if given permission, but if not, he'd like people to believe he's the type of man who'll come for me after hours."

He wouldn't probably be the first person to want to stab Aya, but the real question was in these stressful times if she'd actually get stabbed. Aya didn't seem to think much of the threat.

"I think that's the highlights."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:52 pm 

Degarashi allowed himself something of a snort. "If Mienai-sensei had seen that poorly constructed performance she'd likely have put Sukekage-sama to bed with a glass of milk."

Righting himself, Degarashi leaned forward, elbows on his knees, hair covering bits of his face. "I'm not sure about the disposition of most of the Lion, but an informant of mine tells me one was speaking to the Crab not too long ago. I don't know of she's spoken to any others, but she is taking some measure of action. Beyond that I've not learned much beyond my deal with the Kasuga."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:11 pm 

"The Lion will defend themselves however they think best, and they'll defend their actions without a lick of sympathy to those who think they might be wrong. That's how it should be", he nodded. "Is Stutterstep really that bad? If he's willing to stab you for being you, he's probably capable somewhat, just not as a courtier."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:24 pm 

Aya rolled her eyes at that.

"Maybe commander Yukinaga keeps him around to make himself look better by comparison. He doesn't seem to need that though. But as entertaining as it is for you to evaluate possible partners in crime with your potential victim, perhaps we could get to what you were actually doing that was actually useful?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:27 pm 

Poemu interrupted her conversation to give bows to the two men that entered, though she made no immediate introductions. It seemed they knew each other, and so she turned back to the Kasuga.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:41 pm 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya rolled her eyes at that.

"Maybe commander Yukinaga keeps him around to make himself look better by comparison. He doesn't seem to need that though. But as entertaining as it is for you to evaluate possible partners in crime with your potential victim, perhaps we could get to what you were actually doing that was actually useful?"

"There's something out there", he said. "I took a look around with some lion, a dragon and that Moto kid, we found a pretty mangled corpse and tracks that didn't belong to anything normal, human or no. It's deep in forest and preying on refugees." He straightened up a little and spoke a bit more quietly. "Also, there's some kind of magic at work with this late winter snow, it's too focused on the city, like someone is dumping it right on us. Could be an enemy priest, but there's a legend of a snow maiden in these parts."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:49 pm 

Aya's eyes narrowed at the last part.

"Ah, fuck." she softly hissed behind the steam of the baths. "That's annoying. It's gonna take a decent number of people to fix either of those. Either you're going to need a gathering of priests to wrest control of the kami away from the priest, or you're going to need a decent squad of warriors to hunt a snow maiden that you don't mind coming back as large chunks of ice."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm 

"Neither seems likely given our current situation." Degarashi paused, glancing sideling at Aya. "I've heard tales that snow maidens prefer to hunt young attractive men. Perhaps we could send Yukinaga-sama out by himself and potentially solve the matter with minimal casualties?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm 

There was a snicker.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:08 pm 

Aya wrinkled her nose at that.

"There's a lot of stories about yuki no onna. There are a couple where she hunts young men, but there's a lot more where she strikes childless old couples, or otherwise reclusive men. And not a few stories where they wander about asking people for water, hot or cold. Or appearing as a child wishing to be carried, and becoming heavier and heavier as they are carried." she muses.

As much as she did enjoy ragging on Norikun, she switched to a surprisingly serious side when it came to actual supernatural threats.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 pm 

Degarashi gave Aya a blank, even stare. "My word, Aya-sama. I'm not one for rumours, but at least one seems true: even when performing your duties you can't help but ruin others' fun can you?" Despite the confidence in his voice, he was still glad to have Norikami between himself and the Yogo, just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:16 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Tattoo were a way of life in Dragon Land's... and besides, Poemu looked to the side. "It has been my residence since I came to Lion Land's. As their capital of sorts, it was were I was sent to keep up contact with them. A courtiers job is never done after all."

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
No naked tackling. Not at the moment.

Looking over at the other two, Yukarin decided to take a piqued interest in the talks about winter court, scooting closer to the Agasha and Kasuga.

"Hello; This one is Yasuki Yukarin. I pray I am not interrupting?"

The Tortoise gave a polite nod of the head to the incoming samurai, not wanting to interrupt what looked like their coming to converse with another, and with purpose at that.

"Of course, Agasha-sama. The going-ons of the Hub Villages around Otosan Uchi have kept this one busy for many a season now. Should you ever find yourself on the roads headed to the capital, you are most welcome to visit the Imperial Menagerie that my wife and I tend to is not far away: plants and animals collected from the farthest expanses in all directions, including the Emperor's prized peafowl, Mojaku, displayed in wondrous garden settings."

As the Yasuki slid over to join them, Asakuro smiled slightly and gently shook his head.

"Not at all, Yasuki-san - please feel free to join us. I am Kasuga Asakuro. How are you enjoying the baths this evening?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:05 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
The Tortoise gave a polite nod of the head to the incoming samurai, not wanting to interrupt what looked like their coming to converse with another, and with purpose at that.

"Of course, Agasha-sama. The going-ons of the Hub Villages around Otosan Uchi have kept this one busy for many a season now. Should you ever find yourself on the roads headed to the capital, you are most welcome to visit the Imperial Menagerie that my wife and I tend to is not far away: plants and animals collected from the farthest expanses in all directions, including the Emperor's prized peafowl, Mojaku, displayed in wondrous garden settings."

As the Yasuki slid over to join them, Asakuro smiled slightly and gently shook his head.

"Not at all, Yasuki-san - please feel free to join us. I am Kasuga Asakuro. How are you enjoying the baths this evening?"

"Well enough; It's always a treat to have hot water on a chilly evening, even if things aren't the best."

Whether she was referring the the situation in the city or the unique smell was up for debate. To herself, she was referring to both.

"A little bit of relaxation before what I imagine will be an even busier day tomorrow."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:28 pm 

"Right, then there's the other thing i mentioned", he pushed on. "The trail of this critter looked like a moving pack of snakes and the victim, a Phoenix by the look of their kimono shreds, was more of less dismembered. Not a pretty way to go. Any idea of what ot could be?" He said it low, there were courtly types he didn't want spoiling the bathwater if they overheard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 pm 

"Arigato for your offer, Kasuga-san. I would be honored to pay a visit, should the chance ever exert itself." Glancing to Yukarin, she nodded a bit. "I've already been quite busy, but I imagine it will be more eventful at least. If it is not... then that could be just as bad."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 pm 

Bayushi Norikami wrote:
"Right, then there's the other thing i mentioned", he pushed on. "The trail of this critter looked like a moving pack of snakes and the victim, a Phoenix by the look of their kimono shreds, was more of less dismembered. Not a pretty way to go. Any idea of what ot could be?" He said it low, there were courtly types he didn't want spoiling the bathwater if they overheard.

"Well, based on that, I would say it sounds like one of Norikiun's relatives, probably his mum. She is widely known as a maneater." she theorized.

She shot a small look at Bland-san, before turning back to Norikun.

"I'd need more information for a different theory though."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:52 pm 

"So many of our answers lie outside the gates. Troubling." Degarashi turned towards the others slightly. "That makes your earlier suggestion all the more dangerous, Aya-sama. With so many eyes turned outwards, few will be looking for threats that may have recently made their way within."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next