It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:56 pm

Post subject: These places should be calming... (Day 2, EE)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:51 pm 

Tani stood in the middle of the gardens, staring at a particular piece of flora. A simple flower, yellow, struggling to bloom against spring. Her expression was decidedly neutral, but carried with it a certain sense of edge... or maybe anticipation. I thought gardens were supposed to calm...

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Post subject: Re: These places should be calming... (Day 2, EE)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 pm 

Another Lion woman also sought the calming influence of a garden... It’d been a busy afternoon for Ren... but she felt accomplished in her work for the day. She’d been able to give some refuge to people who had experienced a rough few days... and that in itself held merit in her eyes.

She saw a single Matsu woman standing staring at a flower and smiled internally. It wasn’t one one would normally expect to see... which made Ren uniquely happy.

“Good evening there Matsu-sama. What is it there that’s caught your eye?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:04 pm 

Tani turned as she was regarded. She bowed to Ren, smiling gently. "Akodo-san, I was... studying this flower, struggling to grow against the cold. I suppose if I had a mind for poetry, I might have contemplated a haiku for it. As it is, though, it was making me think a bit more generally about the city. Which... was admittedly the opposite reason of why I came here." She chuckled just a bit.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm 

“The mind wanders to where no one wants it to go sometimes... can a mind have a ‘mind of its own’?” She said with a smile.

“Was is it you were looking to do her lady Matsu?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:13 pm 

"I was hoping to find a measure of calm," she explained gently. "It is said that gardens can help one center themselves and remove them from the troubles of the Outside." As she turned, she seemed to realize something. And she bowed her head. "Gomen. I have been rude and not even introduced myself. I am Matsu Tani, Nikutai of the First Matsu Army and Daughter of the Antecedent Matsu Daimyo."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:20 pm 

She smiled and bowed deeply, “A truly auspicious event it is to make your acquaintance.”

She then rose, “And I am the humble Akodo Ren. Newly married to Akodo Ryo, gunso in the first Akodo army. I serve as an administrator assisting with peasant affairs here in the city.”

She smiled and tilted her head, “Do you often find calm in the gardens?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 pm 

"It is an honor to meet you, though I am not sure I would call waiting for a Spirit army to knock on our door auspicious." Shrugging, she left that alone and moved on. "I do not know that I have ever truly found a garden calming, per se. But times are unusual, and I thought I might attempt an atypical method to keep my nerves calm."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:32 pm 

“The meeting of two people is always auspicious Lady Matsu. No two people walk the same path forever but when paths do cross, it is something to be valued.” She replied with a smile.

“What does usually bring calm to your mind if not staring at floral arrangements?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:33 pm 

"Hitting things," She noted casually. "It's all of this waiting that is getting to me, I think. I will feel more comfortable when the battle is joined."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:38 pm 

She nodded, “Conflict gives such more immediate answers... No time to pine or twist yourself into a knot. You could attempt to hit me if you’d like Lady Matsu. I may not look it but I have some training in the ways of combat.”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:39 pm 

She shook her head. "I prefer to keep combat to proper locations. This is intended as a place of peace. I think it is fine to leave it as such." She smiled. "I doubt we will have much longer to wait, in any case."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:44 pm 

She nodded and thought for a moment, “I hope you do not mind me asking a question... I’ve never been one to fully enjoy a battle myself to be honest... what is it that brings feelings of purpose and strength to you Lady Matsu?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:47 pm 

"The knowledge that Honor is with me when I fight," she answered easily. "Being able to see the enemy in front of me... there is a certain clarity of purpose in that. I do not enjoy violence for violence's sake. But when I know that my blade is being used to make the Empire a better place... I can always move forward feeling that way."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:50 pm 

She nodded, “Do you not feel similarly outside of battle? Or is it just harder to feel?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:52 pm 

"It depends. Right now... there is too much time for idleness. Too much time to wonder stupid things, like if it is honorable to fight one's ancestors. Ultimately, it is, and I know this. But too much quiet allows the head to create noise."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:56 pm 

She nodded, “The echo inside a cranium is louder than any mountain canyon.”

She paused, “So... you enjoy bettering the world with your talents... What does a ‘better’ world look like to you? Security? More conflict?”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:18 pm 

"Not this. Whatever this is." She shook her head. "terrible portals being opened. Scrolls of unknowable power destroying entire castles. These things and more... are tragedies that should happen once a generation at most... and they are happening once a year or more. I do not know the solution, but I know that this is not normal."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 pm 

She nodded, “It would seem the forces of destruction have set their wills against this realm... I studied a great deal of history when I was younger... back in Kyuden Asako. I felt it helped give me perspective. I got to see how each generation had their own battles. Made my own feel more manageable somehow.”

She paused, “But now... it makes me feel as if our generation is meant to be something special. Our strength is tested beyond what others have experienced for quite some time... Finding ways to make each day better is no small task. It’s truly a battle not unlike the ones you are used to.”