It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [D2 EN] A Late Meeting (Open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:45 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
A soft sigh. "Within these walls, at least, they have some shelter - and they have the strongest fighting force in the area ready to defend them. I believe those within should stay - and those without should proceed onward, and quickly."

"Yes, but those without have none. Anyone left outside the gates are condemned to a swift and bloody death, whether we send them on, or some less militarily valuable townsfolk to make more room for more capable refugees, someone needs to move on, and soon."

Iko offers a sharp military bow to Kendo.

"I understand the final decision is yours Shimizu-sama, and I don't envy you making that call. But I was down at those gates earlier today, dealing with this press of human flesh, and before your august person discussing the state of stores to feed them and house them. Your city is at a tipping point, and according to these maps, if we fall it does not look well for the Capital. We are samurai, we serve the Empire, but also those beneath us who need our protection it is in the best interest of both that we hold here. Have we sent runners to nearby holdings to spread word in case the worst should come to pass?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 pm 

"Some were dispatched, more will be going shortly."

There is some silence as he does some mental calculation. The gears turn.

"It is my duty to protect the city, that is true. But what we are facing here could be a schism that fractures this Empire for all time. The support for the returned Hantei seems minimal, and if he ascends to the throne the retribution he will likely seek on the Empire will be vast.

"It is, perhaps, the best course of action to worry less about protecting this city. Those present here seem to be of two minds: protect the people and delay the army. Is there a way to delay the army, with the hopes of winning, while sending the people to the port in the hopes of saving them? Having fewer people here gives us more resources for delay... and we could press any who wish to stay into service.

"I recognize the failing in my duty that is likely to occur over the next few days, but I am attempting to serve Bushido and this Empire as best as I can, even if that might mean failing my city."

He sighs. "This is not the course of action I am saying I will take, but our opponent has given us few options that do not involve placing lives on the scale and weighing them."

Run by GM "Never Messes Up" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 pm 

"I believe that the best way to save this city is to move those people on to the port."

Chihaya nodded, simply. "Even if the journey is difficult, it is the best hope we can give them, as well."

Looking at the maps, she added, "This city stands on the road to the capital - if the aim of this army is the throne, we stand in their path and will have to serve as a rock upon which they break."

"At this stage, I believe all agree we should send the refugees onward to the port in order to get them out of the path of danger, while we fortify the city and it's supplies against danger, including placing a watch on the gates and the granaries to avoid sabotage from those new occupants we have taken in. The only questions remaining, so far as I am aware, are which of us will take on which role, and in that matter I defer to your experience and knowledge - noting that perhaps all of us may wish to make our skills and talents known so that they may be put to use for the good of this city, and through it, the Empire."

With a soft sigh, she concluded, "I am an experienced leader and sensei, training samurai and Ashigaru both, with multiple campaigns of experience - if there is any way I can help prepare or reinforce the garrison, I offer my sword to your service for the duration of this crisis, Shimizu-sama. I believe my lord would concur with my decision in this matter."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:28 pm 

Iko makes a small, but noticeable shift in posture angling herself slightly towards Chihaya to show her agreement and support.

"Someone must move, that much is clear. We have too many people and too few resources." She agrees as her final input in that arena.

"As for skills? As the senior military member of the Dragon delegation, I am a gunso trained in leading a small squad of 15 men. I am a competent archer and exceptional duelist and many of our other delegates are experienced in combat and warfare as well. For the good of the Empire, our strength is yours in this battle."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:17 pm 

"As for the Crane, we are few, and none of us used to command. But our swords are yours, as is all of our skill."

He folded his hands and spoke firmly.

"As for failure, it is well to be prepared for any outcome. But as you said a moment ago, not all defeats are failures. We are samurai, and if we choose to serve by giving our lives here, then it will be for Emma-O to weigh the balance."

He lifted one hand to make a gesture like tossing away a piece of rubbish.

"Let us put aside worry. We are here; there is no one else. By choosing to stand, we have passed the test."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:43 am 

Kendo smiles at that. It is a pained smile, but a smile never-the-less.

"So, the plan is:

"First to divert the refugees to the port. We would all like to invite them in, but it is not feasible.

"Second to send as many runners as we can to inform others of what is coming to pass.

"Third to make a stand in the city so that the usurper cannot pass... or at least does so at great cost to strength and speed."

He nods at his words and reflects on them for a moment.

"Perhaps we can divide these tasks by our individual skills. Suzume-san could assist in the city's defenses, perhaps finding the newcomers that might bolster the Lion forces. Doji-san could ensure that all the proper correspondences are sent out. Seppun-san can focus on getting the refugees ready to leave this place."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:47 am 

She bows sharply to the command, replying energetically. "HAI! SHIMIZU-SAMA."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:50 am 

His smile comes back at her response. The Seppun was a bit intense for him, but he found her charming never-the-less.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:53 am 

Koushi bowed smoothly, as one very used to being asked to write mail, both for himself and for other people

"Hai, Shimizu-sama."

Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:02 am 

This Crane seemed very... professional. Kendo was glad he was sent, and took a moment to ensure he remembered the samurai.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:04 am 

Iko was disheartened at receiving no assignment, but dedcided that freed the Dragon up to be what Dragon were. Wildcards.

She offered Kendo a wordless bow and waited for the higher status Chihaya and Horonigai to depart before she did the same

Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:06 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Iko was disheartened at receiving no assignment, but dedcided that freed the Dragon up to be what Dragon were. Wildcards.

She offered Kendo a wordless bow and waited for the higher status Chihaya and Horonigai to depart before she did the same

Before Iko leaves, the governor asks for a moment of her time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:17 am 

Iko cocks her eye in curiosity at the request but nods slightly. "As Shimizu-sama requests."

Her mind spins, wondering what he has in mind that can't be spoken before the others. With her history regarding powerful men, it doesn't go anywhere pleasant.

Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:21 am 

"I assume you grew up in the mountains?"

A simple enough question, asked with a bit of weight to it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:25 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:

Horonigai does look to Iko wondering how fast could she could get Poemu's endorsement to call as many Dragon as possible to help getting people safely to the port.

The young Miharu bows to those assembled, thanking them, "Arigatou gozaimashita." She then turns to the Governor, offering another bow –– that remains longer –– while excusing herself by leaving first, and thanking him for the opportunity.

/Exit if not stopped

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:27 am 

Guessing what Kendo wanted the answer to be, Iko responded the best way she could think.

"I have indeed spent some time in the Northern Ranges Shimizu-sama. Especially around Kyuden Agasha and Shiro Mirumoto."

Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:32 am 

The governor says a proper goodbye and thank you to anyone exiting.

Togashi Iko wrote:
Guessing what Kendo wanted the answer to be, Iko responded the best way she could think.

"I have indeed spent some time in the Northern Ranges Shimizu-sama. Especially around Kyuden Agasha and Shiro Mirumoto."

"To our south is a mountain range with a pass that connects us to Otosan Uchi. If things go poorly here... I was hoping you might have some advice for harrying forces through the mountains?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:51 am 

"Most mountainous terrain will have at least a few narrow passes that can be held with fewer men against a superior force. If you're hoping to perform a delaying action, I'd need more detailed maps, or someone with intimate knowledge of the area."

Iko pointed at the map, to display the generic nature of the area in question.

Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:13 am 

While the governor talked tactics, Chihaya waited, looking to ensure she was clear on her own part to play.

It was important that she have a declared point in the chain of command, so that in confusion of battle she did not give conflicting orders or cause uncertainty among the defenders.

She had some ideas on that front, but she wasn't going to interrupt while he spoke to the Dragon.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 am 

For his part, Koushi bowed and withdrew wordlessly much earlier in the thread in order to give the Dragon some privacy to talk about Champions and major artifacts or whatever Dragony business they had. He had letters to write.

/exit.

)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next