It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A better bath? (D2 LE open)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:42 am 

"If there is anything we can do to make her stay more to her liking, please do not hesitate to ask. We are graced by her presence."

Mogami relaxes a bit in the waters, clearly whatever malady had stricken her earlier gone.

"How long have you been betrothed?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 am 

A bowed down figure appears. He less walks and more staggers into the presence of the baths, and looks around. It does not take him long to wash off, before making his way to the onsen proper.

He takes a deep breath and coughs hard into his arm, then recites a prayer, before looking around. This is followed by another prayer. Though the smell is not gone, it diminishes somewhat.

A couple more deep breathes leave him looking relaxed. He nods to the others present. "Good evening, mina-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:52 pm 

Homura had fallen into silence, allowing her kin to become more comfortable and push past the awkwardness of earlier. She started to smile though, hearing the woman's confidence grow and her lead the conversation.

Good job Mogami-chan. Pretend what happened before didn't happen and lead from the front.

She was starting to close her eyes when suddenly another arrived, meaning she had to do the be polite thing again. Resisting a sigh, she bowed deeply to the approaching samurai.

"Good evening Samurai-sama. I hope you are well? I am Ikoma Homura, and my honourable kin here are Matsu Mogami-sama" she motioned to the woman "and Bayushi Yukinaga-sama."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:59 pm 

Mogami gives a polite seated bow to the man and then looks back to the Scorpion and their conversation

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:01 pm 

Hachi nods at the introductions. "Hachi of the Isawa."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:33 pm 

Yyki nods to the Phoenix as he enters before looking back to Mogami.

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"If there is anything we can do to make her stay more to her liking, please do not hesitate to ask. We are graced by her presence."

Mogami relaxes a bit in the waters, clearly whatever malady had stricken her earlier gone.

"How long have you been betrothed?"

Yukinaga thinks for a moment "The plans for out betrothal began when I was.....15 I believe but Kogyoku-sama was attacked by bandits on her way to meet my family. This delayed things as she took some time to recover from the ordeal. And then we were both busy serving in conflicts and wars and uprisings so we have been betrothed for about 5 years now but have just met yesterday."

Carries: Daisho, Tanto
When appropriate: Light Armor and yumi with arrows

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm 

"You had never met before yesterday?"

Mogami looked somewhat surprised.

"That must have been...."

She glances at Homura

"Interesting."

She looks to the Isawa again.

"The water smells somewhat different, Isawa-san. This city used to be Phoenix, is there a trick your clan knows? It would be most appreciated if you could share it."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:49 pm 

He nodded "hai, we had talked for a long time corresponding through letters but had not had the ability to meet in person until yesterday. It was a rather interesting experience." He said with a smile.

He then turned to look at the Isawa curious as well if he knew a secret about the baths.

Theme Profile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:46 pm 

"I wish you both well on your union. I assume you will be joining the Lion?" Homura smiled at Mogami as she looked at her, saying nothing about the oddity of the situation, before also looking at the Isawa curious about what he did.

"I would hope you were not casting spells before checking with the inhabitants of the Onsen."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:28 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
She looks to the Isawa again.

"The water smells somewhat different, Isawa-san. This city used to be Phoenix, is there a trick your clan knows? It would be most appreciated if you could share it."

After a slight bout of coughing, delaying his answer, Hachi spoke up.

"I am not as good as others, but I first sense where the kami of the water on the vapor are, then request as many as possible to take the parts of the vapor that smell away. I can't convince all to, nor am I skilled enough with talking to the Air kami to do it, so it only lessens the smell, rather than getting rid of it."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:39 am 

Mogami listens to the explanation with fascination.

“Do the kami always listen to your requests? Do they ever get upset for asking something they think is beneath them?”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:54 am 

Another slight bout of coughing occurs. "If any are offended by my prayers, I would apologize. I am simply used to it. When I was a youngling, training, it was one of the exercises I was set. *cough* I do try to be careful with the kami, and not ask of them too much. Sometimes, they do feel what is asked is a bit much, and enact a price - my cough is just such a case, though I think the price more than fair *cough* for what was gained."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:56 am 

Mogami tilts her head a little in curiosity.

“May I ask what it was you requested?”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:04 am 

"A Jade pedestal for the Shrine to Reichin-no-Fortune, a couple years ago now." *cough*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 am 

“How big of a pedestal? And was it solid Jade?”

Mogami begins to picture things in her head about the different things she has seen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:47 am 

"Um, I believe they measured it at 20 feet tall. Three sides and a bottom, with Reichin-no-Fortune's name at the top. It became the center of the Shrine on Hare lands."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:51 am 

Mogami's eyes go wide.

"That is huge!"

She begins tapping her finger on her chin.

"If such a feat is possible, why are there jade shortages? Could not every priest request the same thing as you did, but on a smaller level? "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:06 am 

"It took me, a tensai of Earth, over a month of continuous effort, caused me to collapse for a winter, and left me with ill health. And that payment was so slight only because the Earth kami agreed that a Shrine *cough, cough, cough* was a worthy cause."

Another bout of coughing.

"And there is no guarantee it would remain Jade if mortals attempted to reduce it for weapons. It is a blessing from them, for a singular purpose. As you asked at the beginning - the kami make choices, too. Whether we agree with them or not."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:09 am 

"I see. That certainly makes sense."

Another tap on her chin.

"What about things like water or oil? Could say a commander request a priest to summon such things into buckets, already boiling hot, and then be used as a defensive weapon? Or would that be considered improper or irreverent?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:13 am 

Yukinaga watched with a bit of fascination of his own. Such things as Hachi described were indeed a bit wondrous. Though he unfortunately had little else to add.

Theme Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next