It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 pm 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
Chiyo returned to her place at Horonigai's side.

"Forgive my brief absence, Horonigai-sama. I felt the need to say something. My mother's ancestors would rebuke me had I remained silent at such a momentous moment I think."

She held up her hands.

"My father's may rebuke me for speaking so quickly."

Horonigai nods with her eyes closed, understanding the urge others would have in their hearts to voice out concerns, frustrations, ires, and, especially, fears. She says, "I... understand, Chiyo-san."

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
Seeing that the young miharu was struggling with something, Chiyo softened her tone, her question taking on an air of gravity.

"Forgive me - I am sure this is all a lot to process, given your proximity. Let me know if I can do anything, my friend," she finished, steeling herself to support the younger girl if needed.

The young Miharu inhales more confidence being gifted by her cousin and manages to open her eyes without letting any sort of strong emotions betray her. "Ne. There's nothing to forgive."

She looks up to the statuesque woman, comforting her, "I am still reflecting on everything. Much akin to what you mentioned about your father. You are kind to me. Arigatou gozaimasu."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:52 pm 

"We are family, Horonigai-sama. You once stood for me when I need you. It is only right that I should offer you what support I can - we are stronger together than apart and we have very trying days ahead of us. I will lend you whatever aid I can, should you need it," she replied, smiling at the young samurai.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:20 pm 

"If Shosuro-san is a poet, I would learn from her on the matter, for I fear I have no practice with the art myself Matsu-san." Poemu sighed softly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:30 pm 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"We are family, Horonigai-sama. You once stood for me when I need you. It is only right that I should offer you what support I can - we are stronger together than apart and we have very trying days ahead of us. I will lend you whatever aid I can, should you need it," she replied, smiling at the young samurai.

Horonigai smiles with her eyes, and nods to Chiyo, replying positively with a lower voiced, "Un!" –– which many that know her would have expected it to be ten times louder under normal conditions.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:04 pm 

Chiyo smiled back at the younger girl.

"I am glad to see present circumstances have not dulled your vigor. We shall need it in the days ahead."

She looked back at the court room and the samurai milling about, discussing the...situation.

Returning to Horonigai she thought, perhaps, a change of topic might do some good.

"Recent events excepted, you have been well since our time in the Suzume lands?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:15 pm 

Relieved, Kōgyoku remained silent and just bowed to the governor in acknowledgement of and agreement to his words, so as not to prolong the court Kendo had already asked to recede.

/Fade to being boring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:32 am 

Seppun Chiyo wrote:
"Recent events excepted, you have been well since our time in the Suzume lands?"

"I... have. Hai." She nods to the question. "Shitsurei, ne. Chyio-san. I am not feeling well. Please, let's meet soon. I'll tell you all about it, then. Tea, perhaps?"

A farewell bow is given, "Sayounara."

/Exit if not stopped (lingering D1 needing closure)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20