It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D2, EE) A Good Soak
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:29 am 

Aya grinned at that.

"Oh, like Hida Goro? That guy is seriously big. What did his parents feed him?" she says, a bit of good humor returning to her.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:37 am 

That got a small snort from Yuka, "I do not know. But he is not the biggest Crab I have seen in my time with the Clan. I feel somewhat like a midget back in Crab lands. Certainly, though, the bushi do eat hearty meals; A lot of noodles and tempura and hot pot. So that could be a factor. It seems to be more than diet and training though. Some sort of heritage that the sons and daughters of Hida O-kami have build up over the centuries."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:51 am 

Aya laughs a bit at that.

"I'm not sure if I should envy or pity those wives of the Hida.....hmmmm, though I would suppose the husbands of the Hida would have their share of challenges as well." she theorizes.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:53 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I will pray for those unaccounted for Kasuga-san. I believe most of the Dragon delegation is accounted for, but... with everyone coming, it is hard to keep track. Certainly none of the Dragon present in Toshi no Omoidoso have noted missing comrades, but..."

She sighed leaning her head back. "Then again, I am just as worried for the other clans. I am not one to worry for the Dragon first. So many running..."

"They are, I imagine, likely no better and no worse than another, and like this one will only truly know in the coming days. Regardless, I stand ready to do what I can for the new court of residence in the meanwhile." He shifted in his seat again, lifting himself up for a moment in doing so, just enough to reveal a couple colorful carp tattoos near his shoulders before they were once again submerged.

"Were you stationed elsewhere before, Agasha-sama, or has Morikage Toshi been home for a while now?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya laughs a bit at that.

"I'm not sure if I should envy or pity those wives of the Hida.....hmmmm, though I would suppose the husbands of the Hida would have their share of challenges as well." she theorizes.

"I mean, I thought my husband to be big enough when I met him; A good hand taller than me and broad shouldered."

She could not help putting her hand on top of her head pointing up for a visual reference.

"I've not found it an issue. Still, I'm hardly tiny, compared to some. And as I've already said, there are certainly bigger Crab out there. Somewhere there must be someone Goro-sama's size who's married someone pretty petite. Which is comical to imagine, but may have its issues in reality."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"I mean, I thought my husband to be big enough when I met him; A good hand taller than me and broad shouldered."

She could not help putting her hand on top of her head pointing up for a visual reference.

"I've not found it an issue. Still, I'm hardly tiny, compared to some. And as I've already said, there are certainly bigger Crab out there. Somewhere there must be someone Goro-sama's size who's married someone pretty petite. Which is comical to imagine, but may have its issues in reality."

"The only important reality here is that the water is warm and the company is pleasant Yukarin-san." she says, relaxing in the bath. "Have you been married long?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:08 am 

She thought for a second, "It will have been ten weeks as of tomorrow, actually. Which still feels like a long time to me, but I suppose that's in the context of having just gone through an entire winter court without him being here. And letters going from here to Crab lands... it's not the easiest in winter, let me say that much."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 am 

Aya nods.

"Ah, that explains much. There was something about you I couldn't place my finger on, but a happy marriage not even three months old...that explains it. A pity your respective duties could not have had you in the same court. I assume previous commitments prevented that?" she surmises.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:49 am 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"They are, I imagine, likely no better and no worse than another, and like this one will only truly know in the coming days. Regardless, I stand ready to do what I can for the new court of residence in the meanwhile." He shifted in his seat again, lifting himself up for a moment in doing so, just enough to reveal a couple colorful carp tattoos near his shoulders before they were once again submerged.

"Were you stationed elsewhere before, Agasha-sama, or has Morikage Toshi been home for a while now?"

Tattoo were a way of life in Dragon Land's... and besides, Poemu looked to the side. "It has been my residence since I came to Lion Land's. As their capital of sorts, it was were I was sent to keep up contact with them. A courtiers job is never done after all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:13 am 

Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya nods.

"Ah, that explains much. There was something about you I couldn't place my finger on, but a happy marriage not even three months old...that explains it. A pity your respective duties could not have had you in the same court. I assume previous commitments prevented that?" she surmises.

"More like levels of responsibility. No offense to this place, but..." she leaned in a little, "it is hardly the most prestigious winter court one could get assigned to."

Yukarin leaned back straight again, "Not that there aren't places like minor clan courts or such that I could have ended up at. But with my husband, being an heir to a long standing family of some renown amongst the Yasuki... well, they had more important places for him to go. And I am totally on board with the reasoning too; Sure, it's not exactly what I'd wish for after only getting to spend a few weeks with him after the wedding, but we shall see each other again. And I'm happy to see him doing well and being appreciated by our lord for his talents."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:18 pm 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Yogo Aya wrote:
Aya nods.

"More like levels of responsibility. No offense to this place, but..." she leaned in a little, "it is hardly the most prestigious winter court one could get assigned to."

Yukarin leaned back straight again, "Not that there aren't places like minor clan courts or such that I could have ended up at. But with my husband, being an heir to a long standing family of some renown amongst the Yasuki... well, they had more important places for him to go. And I am totally on board with the reasoning too; Sure, it's not exactly what I'd wish for after only getting to spend a few weeks with him after the wedding, but we shall see each other again. And I'm happy to see him doing well and being appreciated by our lord for his talents."

Aya nodded at that.

"Ah, your lord is a clever one. Many would have sent you to the same court as a matter of convenience, but that would have risked you focusing one your duty to your lord rather than your duties to the clan as a whole." she said, implying that they would've spent the winter screwing.

She grinned.

"I would wager that those letters are kindling for a great fire coming this spring though."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:19 pm 

A good scrubbing was needed for later in the night. No use in having the stink of the crowd and field work all over him for his business later that night.

After cleansing himself, Norikami went into the onsen proper to relax. Seeing a lively crowd his gaze darkened a little. He wasn't in the mood, really. Though at least he'd found Aya, that was something.

He bowed and got in, a decent distance from the others and rested a towel over his face. The perfume mixed with sulfur stink would take getting used to.

When Allowed: Armor, No-Dachi, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:26 pm 

Aya noted her cousin entering the baths, and did give him a seated bathhouse bow.

She also gave him a questioning look to see if she should break way from her current conversation for something more important than discussing the Yasuki's excited plans for lovemaking with her husband.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 pm 

Without looking, he tapped the rock beside him, maybe there was enough space for a woman to sit if she tried really hard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:33 pm 

Yukarin was kind of silent for a bit anyways, getting the implications but not being sure how to answer them. So when the other Scorpion, apparently, had gotten into the bath, she just gave a curious look to the Yogo woman at what she wanted to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:36 pm 

Shortly after Norikami arrived, Degarashi made his way into the onsen. He'd wanted to speak to his fellow Scorpion, but hadn't had any luck doing so, due to his remarkably busy schedule.

Having no direct intention of bathing just yet, Degarashi cleansed himself and moved to where his fellows were seated, bowing to those assembled before taking a seat beside Norikami, careful to put the other Scorpion between himself and Aya, and merely dipped his feet into the waters.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:42 pm 

Smooth, Noribaka, really smooth, even the Crab noticed you.

She noted Degarshi enter the bath and.....didn't know what to make of that.

She tried to think of some clever reason to leave the Yasuki....but really didn't have one.

"Well, may your children be hale and healthy, Yukarin-san. I'll have to stop by and see them at some point, two, three years from now? But for now, I think the kami would find it pleasing to move over there, so I'm going to do that."

Assuming she didn't receive a naked Yasuki tackle, she repositions in the bath for the surprise Scorpion bath meeting.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:59 pm 

Obviously trying to be cool, he didn't remove the towel from his face, still looking up, relaxing. He knew Aya had come over, but was sitting high, out of the water. Tsk, she'd freeze her ass off just to avoid being closer? He reached up to drag her back in, then realized the leg he grasped was too thick and hairy.

Well shit.

He let go and cleaned his throat.

"So...ahem. things happened today. I came to talk."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:05 pm 

"Precisely the reason I came here as well, Norikami-sama." Degarashi gently but pointedly scooted further away. "And nothing else. Sorry to disappoint. Maybe try a poem first next time?"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 pm 

Oh Norikun would be hearing about this for a looooong time to come. Aya might even try writing poetry about it.

"Well, I thought I could catch Norikun back up on the meeting his skipped this morning, so I guess we all have something to talk about. Who wants to go first?"

The fact that he had gone from Noribaka to Norikun again would indicate to an exeperience Ayaologist like Norikun that the meeting must have been more annoying that the early morning wake up call with the pirahna.

Theme Song

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next