It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:23 pm

Post subject: [D2 EE Floating Petals] Time to pony up
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:00 pm 

Sara set once again in the same room as she was with her clan mates, this time for a different visit. While the fur was smelly, and unholy, the Unicorn (Moto?) was certainly kind in his help. With the current situation, one did not turn away friendly faces. Hence, the invitation for tea.

Post subject: Re: [D2 EE Floating Petals] Time to pony up
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm 

"Konbanwa," came a voice from outside Sara's door. "It's me, Moto Baatar."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:58 pm 

"Ah, Moto-san, come in come in." Sara invited Baatar to the private room she has procured, and gestured opposite of herself. "Have you had rice today?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:26 am 

"Thanks, I've eaten," Baatar said, as he stepped into the room in the direction Sara indicated. He remembered to remove his footwear just in time, before the melting snow could make too much of a mess.

"How have you been doing since arriving, Shosuro-san?" he inquired politely. "I'm glad to see you've found a place to stay."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:09 pm 

Sara nodded. "Hai, I am staying at the Shiro for now, but found this place to have a quaint atmosphere, suited for some personal meetings." She smiled as she spoke. "Good to hear. We need the bushi full of strength for whatever that might come."

She let out a small sigh. "You spent the winter in Toshi no Omoidoso?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:34 pm 

"Yes," Baatar acknowledged. "I was sent to the court here earlier in the season. It's my first visit to Lionstan; it's been pretty quiet so far. Until now."

"What about you?" he asked. "How has your winter been? Aside from the murders and the death march, I mean."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:47 pm 

"Besides the murder, betrayal, fleeing from slaughter? Quite nice." Sara smiled as she responded. "Though I cannot complain for finally being in civilization here, I must say..."

She placed her tea cup down. "And how do you find 'Lionstan' Moto-san?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:31 pm 

"Coming to court was pretty exciting at first," Baatar said. "Representing my clan for Important Business and meeting with other courtiers and such. The governor seems a decent fellow, and I've got on well with the Lion so far."

"But being shut up in the castle for the winter got pretty old, fast. I swear, I must know every step of every hallway by now." The Unicorn shook his head ruefully. "When being stuck indoors starts to get to me, I like to ride through the woods past the castle walls; the fresh air does me good. I suppose we shall all be glad to be behind those walls pretty soon, though."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:38 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Coming to court was pretty exciting at first," Baatar said. "Representing my clan for Important Business and meeting with other courtiers and such. The governor seems a decent fellow, and I've got on well with the Lion so far."

"But being shut up in the castle for the winter got pretty old, fast. I swear, I must know every step of every hallway by now." The Unicorn shook his head ruefully. "When being stuck indoors starts to get to me, I like to ride through the woods past the castle walls; the fresh air does me good. I suppose we shall all be glad to be behind those walls pretty soon, though."

Sara listened as the Unicorn spoke, nodding at the appropriate parts. "I see. I am glad you found court exciting Moto-san. You do seem to be someone who faces every challenge with enthusiasm."

She placed her cup down for now. "You did travel a lot, coming back to your home. The lands you must have seen...so many wonders." Sara blushed ruefully. "May I ask you to perhaps tell me about what you saw?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:57 pm 

"Certainly," Baatar said indulgently. "To the west are the Burning Sands, the biggest desert in the world; the natives ride rakuda, peculiar pack-beasts with lumps on their backs that are ungainly to ride, but only need to drink water once a month, so are prized by their tribesmen."

"Past that is the World's Garden, a green land between two big rivers. There's rich cities there, full of loot," he recalled. "The people there will stab each other over a bent zeni, but have no understanding of battle tactics, so it's a fine place for raiding."

"In that land there's also an animal called a ," Baatar remembered with a smile. "It's the biggest animal I've ever seen... though, I suppose I was younger and smaller then. Important People would ride them, but instead of a saddle, they would have to build a small house atop the beast for the people to be carried in. The had an enormous nose like an anteater, and big floppy ears the size of a man - but it could flap them like a courtier's fan, to cool itself down." The young Unicorn pantomimed having a big nose and flappy ears, looking somewhat comical as he did so.

"Then there's the dark lands," Baatar recalled, his expression turning solemn. "But you wouldn't want to hear about them. They were...unpleasant."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:15 am 

Sara was lost amidst the tale and places that Baatar was speaking about. "Oh my. Oh, my." She seemed fascinated.

"Once a month? Fascinating..." she smirked at his mention of looting. He was a barbarian, but a funny one at least. "A house? Is it a tiny house? Or like a shiro?" She even forgot about her tea, she was so enthralled by his tales.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:21 am 

"It's a tiny house," Baatar confirmed. "Kind of like the box on a palanquin, except the is so strong that it can carry as much as all the palanquin bearers combined. The beast has enormous fangs, as well - too large to even fit inside its mouth. It's... remarkably impressive."

"But what about you, Shosuro-san?" Baatar inquired, suddenly remembering that it was considered polite to let the other person talk sometimes. "Such a great actress as you must've seen a lot of big cities and important people in your travels. What's that like?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:27 pm 

"Oh my? Certainly sounds like a beast." Her eyes widened in shock. "Have your artists painted pictures of these monsters, by any chance?" Certainly something interesting, and scary even.

"Oh, gomen. I cannot say much, unfortunately. I was supposed to play in front of some important people, but alas, it was interrupted. I am from Ryoko Owari, the greatest City of the Empire, after Otosan Uchi, of course. It is a beautiful, wonderful city full of splendors."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:56 pm 

"I've heard stories that Ryoko Owari burned down in some kind of gang war," Baatar commented, a little tactlessly. "Did that not actually happen? Or has it been rebuilt since then?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am 

"Some part of it has burned down, but has been rebuilt more amazing than ever." She inclined her head towards him. "Perhaps you would like to visit some day Moto-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:48 pm 

"Perhaps so," Baatar agreed. "It sounds like a great city, I'm glad to hear it has been restored. What is good to see there? Is there something Ryoko Owari is best known for?"