It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: A Flight Of Dragons (D1, LE. Dragon Only)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:26 am 

Tsukimi nodded, althought a bit more cautious in her enthusiasm. "I did see him today, but did not speak with him. He seemed to think well of the Unicorn's enthusiasm at least... I was a bit surprised, since I had heard he was a bit more of a callous person." A wan smile. "It's good that we have such a hero here though. For some people, it can be a comfort that a renowned hero is here."

Maybe the Phoenix hero was someone destined for this jade nemuranai?

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 am 

"Asako-sama is... an interesting person," Myo-en says, again looking, for a few moments. as though her ordinary words are as carefully pondered as any koan. "I knew him in the Shinomen war. He can be generous, especially when it costs him little. But he is not one to hear the words of the Tao that 'favor and disgrace are equally alarming.'" The corner of her mouth quirks up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:08 am 

Now that she thought about it, she did speak to this Asako. However, she probably didn't realize that he was a hero or held in great regard. Perhaps she should have been paying more attention in court at the individual persons rather than just being there. "He seemed pretty gracious enough, even if mistook me for an artisan...Or now that I think about it, maybe he was just trying to be encouraging."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:25 am 

Iko opens her mouth to speak, then snaps it closed. Despite her recent societal promotion, the Inquisitor still outranked ger. It was not proper to speak of his shortcomings.

"He is enthusiastic in his strictly assigned and interpreted duties." She eventually says, her tone cold as ice.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 am 

The resident courtier tittered into her sleeve again. "Such abounding rumors. We'll, they DO say there's always a price to fame."

Poemu paused, frowning softly. "... I wonder if that is the last we will see of Togashi-dono here... Or if this has drawn him out of the mountains for a while."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:24 am 

Manami continues to listen, noting well the tone that accompanies each Dragon's comments. This isn't like how a ship's crew talks, but I might like it.

At one point, drinking cold tea absent-mindedly, she glances to Takeshi. The grizzled warrior seemed still attentive, or perhaps had mastered sleeping with his eyes open. With the tiniest smile, she returns attention to the discussion.

Yojimbo: Mirumoto Takeshi no Kouken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:07 pm 

The 'gossiping' felt a little unusual for Tsukimi, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

"Well... I would offer either of our esteemed Agasha myself as a yojimbo in the coming days, but it seems both already have such protection," she smiled to Iko, and to the silent Takeshi. "I'm glad."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm 

"Togashi-san is most kind to make such an offer," the young Agasha remarks. "I am well-served by Kouken Takeshi-san, whose dedicated service at Morikage Toshi was nothing compared to his great efforts on the road here."

Takeshi seems unmoved by the praise, although Manami sees a sparkle in his eye before he bows his head humbly.

"I had thought winter court at Morikage Toshi the greatest challenge of my life, but much of it has already fled my memory," she says with wonder rather than anger.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 pm 

With coming in tardy, the arrival of the Clan Champion and the presentation of the Jade arm...it seemed that Wasako had forgotten the basics of etiquette. She smiled sheepishly and dipped into a bow as she introduced herself. "...this one is Mirumoto Wasako, from the Northern Wall Mountains. Pleased to make everyone's acquaintance."

She frowned pensively at the mention of Togashi Motaro. "His appearance was indeed auspicious, even without his gift. I imagine if we see him again, it would not be for a formal or casual occasion."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:15 pm 

Giving a bow to Wasako for the tardy greeting, after doing so to Tsukimi in thanks for her offer, she looked a touch curious. "Ano... perhaps Mirusmoto-san. In truth, I had never met Togashi-dono before today. Perhaps one of our Togashi has? I am not certain how often he makes himself known, even to his own family, as it were."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:22 pm 

"I cannot speak for the others obviously, but this is the first time I have been graced by his presence." Iko replied as she refilled any cups that required it.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 pm 

"It is not the first time I have been in his presence, but it is a first for such a... lengthy exchange of words. And gifts." At some point over the years, their paths had crossed, but she had not been one to draw attention before. Or maybe she had but hadn't known about it.

Motaro was quite the enigma, even for a Togashi.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:32 pm 

"May, once, when I was little," she added her own story to the pile, less important she felt it was alongside the others. "Though I do not remember the moment well."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:45 am 

"Several times, since the War of Broken Fangs." Myo-en's voice is quite level. An audience with Lord Togashi isn't exactly commonplace for her (could it ever be?), but after recovering the Ide shard of Shinjo's blessed mirror, she'd been included in some of the counsels and communications between the Lion and Unicorn clans. And then there had been that painful confession on her return from Ryoko Owari two years ago...

"...It has almost never gone quite as I expected," she admits after a few beats.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:21 pm 

Manami's eyes show her surprise at the frequency of Myo-en's encounters with the champion. Special, favored, or both?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:13 pm 

The Mirumoto found herself looking at the Togashi as the shared their experience with the Champion. As remote as the Dragon were from each other, perhaps some areas were closer than others. If the Champion's presence was any indication, he could be close to any one of them, if he chose to be. "We probably have just shared such similar experience in that regard? I can't say I've ever thought of seeing him, which admittedly has made me unable to make expectations. Even after today and if this were to happen again, I still don't know what to expect..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:42 pm 

"It is difficult to predict a dragon - and Lord Togashi is an enigma even for us in the Order. But I believe that even if we cannot understand his reasoning or motives, he acts with clarity of purpose and wisdom." Only the wisest, strongest, and most spiritual of the Togashi became their Champion, Tsukimi reasoned, and even if she could not understand Togashi Motaro herself or why he had appeared today and given her this Jade Hand, she had faith in that he knew something she did not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6