It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:37 pm

Post subject: [D2 - EA] The Storm and the Cherry Blossom (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm 

Refugees have been pouring all day long through the gates of the city, making the whole situation quite miserable. The early snow storm made the situation even worse.

But that did not mean that Nagiko will stay still on her room. No, she went outside in search of food.

She found some small local where she could get a hot soup of ramen and some riceballs, just enough to survive another day. She was a bit dissapointed with the local taste of the food, as it lacked the spicy flavour of what she is accustomed to, but food is food.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Post subject: Re: [D2 - EA] The Storm and the Cherry Blossom (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:56 pm 

Lovely women tended to stand out even on crowded streets, so it was somewhat easy to find Nagiko in the crowd. He and his clan mate hadn't spent much time together over the winter, but Osamu at least been aware of the woman's presence.

Making his way over to the Ramen stall he offered the young woman a polite bow. "Mind if I join you?" He asked a moment later, though he waited to order until he had an answer.

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:10 pm 

Nagiko turned around to observe who was talking to her. Muscled, tanned, wearing lightly robes, the man was clearly a Mantis, probably a sailor.Most likely his accent was also similar to hers, and also she had heard rumours that she was not the only mantis on town so...

'' Not at all, please make yourself confortable '' She said to him politely. '' This one's name is Nagiko, nice to meet you'' She stood up and bowed to him as well.

'' I thought i was the only islander currently here, though apparently the rumours that i was not the only one were true.'' She adds. '' Your tan, it is not very common to see that skin colour in this place, neh?'' Nagiko commented as she pointed out her fellow mantis' skin color, though there was no prejudice about it of course. She was also a Mantis, although she looked more like a Doji Maiden.

[OOC-Rolls]

Lore: Heraldry/Intelligence to recognize Osamu - 11|Failed

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:27 pm 

It was Osamu's opinion that there really weren't all that many Doji Maidens past the age of fifteen, but that really wasn't even a topic of conversation. "Nice to meet you as well, Nagiko. I'm Osamu." He offered in return, his lips curling into the approximation of a smile as he reached into his sleeve and pulled forth a small bottle of spice.

Setting it down on the counter he placed his order, which was quite similar to his clanmates. "You're right though, most completions here seem to mirror your own over money. Add in how lightly I dress and I likely stand out like a sore thumb. I suppose it makes most of us easy to identify when far from home, which can be a boon."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm 

'' Pleasure to meet you Osamu-san'' She replied to him as she also observed how he produced a bottle of Mantis spices. Nagiko smiled.

'' Or a curse as well, neh? '' She said as she ate some of her dish. '' Enemies of the clan could identify us more easily...''

'' But a prey can become a hunter if some conditions are meet...'' She remembered her outworldy conversation with Asahime. '' What brings you here, Osamu-san?'' She asked. '' Are you in official bussiness for the clan?'' She asked out of curiosity since she did not have any reasons beyond her own desire to be here.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 am 

Osamu motioned to the bottle so spice, allowing Nagiko to partake if she desired. Most of the food here was terribly bland after all. A little heat did wonders for it.

"That's true enough, on both accounts." He agreed, waiting for his food to arrive. "As for my reasons, they are my own, much like yours it seems. I'm broadening my horizons getting out and seeing the empire properly. Or at least attempting it."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:29 am 

'' I see, then we are two mantis without any official duties except for those that we can create on our own, domo'' She accepted the offering of spices and indeed, just used a bit of it to give more punch to her food.

Nagiko inspected Osamu. Her gaze looking at him, and his body.

'' Are you a Storm Rider, Osamu-san?'' She asked.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 am 

A loud meow can be heard behind Nagiko, and a cute cat comes walking up to rub against her leg.

Run by GM "Meow" Lucidicide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 am 

"No, at least not presently. Though I would be lying if I said it wasn't a goal for sometime in the future." He at least believed he had the talent for it.

"Are you looking for one for some reason?" He asked in return his gaze shifting to the cat that approached a moment later. Perhaps it was hungry?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:22 am 

Nagiko heard the call and the feeling of Asahime's fur on her legs. She was a bit pissed but not enough to be angry with her.

Now you want my love, eh?, After you mauled me. Nagiko thought as she observed the cat, and she extended her hand and gently touched it on the back and head.

'' Not really '' She answered to the Shugenja while still giving love to the cat. '' I was just curious since i didn't saw daisho on you, and you are not a courtier, i would had known you from school.'' She explained to him.

'' I heard that the storm riders, ride on top of sea serpents, hmmm, Orochi i think they are called? Creatures from Sakkaku....'' She mentioned.

''Of course i have never seen one...''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 am 

"I have glimpsed them on occasion, though usually from a safe distance." One didn't really approach that sort of creature under normal circumstances.

"Training them or anything like that is still far beyond me, though maybe in the future." His lips curled into a smile as his eyes moved from the cat to the young woman. "You did partly guess my role in the clan correctly though. I am a Shugenja."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:31 am 

Nagiko stops petting Asahime for a moment so that she can resume her eating, then she once again starts petting the Neko.

'' You arrived from Winter Court, Osamu-san?'' She asked. '' Or did you just arrived to this city?''

'' I heard that the other Hantei's army is marching on this city and with all these...'' She observed ouside. '' Refugees, i think it must be true that soon the city will be suffering a siege.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:51 am 

"I've been here most of the winter to be honest. Decided to stay here and learn a bit over the winter, since trading slows down." Some still happened but it wasn't the furious business of the summer months

His own food arriving, Osamu added a bit of the spice to it, and gave the soup a few turns to mix it. "Its quite likely that we're about to experience a siege though. Honestly part on me wants to leave before that, but it seems unwise."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:12 am 

Asahime jumps onto Nagiko's shoulders gently and covers them with her soft fur.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:25 am 

'' Indeed, so i have thought, though for some reason i think that even with a siege there could be adventures around this place...'' Nagiko reply to Osamu, without even flinching when the cat got on her shoulders. She even raised one arm to pet it.

'' So, you originally came for trade? I brought some spices and silk with me, though not enough for trading purposes. I plan to used them as gifts'' She explained.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 am 

"That's a cute cat you have." Osamu offered looking at the animal for a moment. Someone might pet a stray cat at a place like this, but they certainly wouldn't let it crawl on their shoulder if it wasn't their own.

"Trade? Not yet, I'm mostly here to observe and learn. If I ever intend to win a trading vessel I need to know more about the other clans after all." He paused to take a bit of his ramen. "And thus far I'm rather lacking in that department."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:23 am 

'' It is not my cat '' She replied to him with a smile. '' Certainly i don't own it.''

'' In any case, i lack that knowledge as well. I have met some samurai from these clans, and although there certainly are interesting people among them, i still don't understand some of their cultural norms.'' She said while still petting Asahime.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:28 am 

"Do we trust him?"

A tiny whisper in your ear, almost imperceptible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:20 am 

Well, that at least was peculiar. Though maybe the woman just had an affinity for the creatures. They were after all a fairly common sight on most Kobune's, you needed something to catch the pests who might slip on board. "Yes, they do seem a peculiar lot from what I have seen thus far. At least compared to what I am used to." Though perhaps peculiar wasn't quite the right word.

"It's been a intresting learnign experience to day the least, and the arrival of so many new samurai will likely only expand on it."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:29 am 

'' Indeed. Well, if Osamu-san is going to one day ride on top of an Orochi then a few mainlanders and their weird quirks would not be any problem, neh?'' She said to him.

There was no answer to Asahime. Either because Nagiko didn't trust Osamu, yet. She just met him after all. Or because she didn't want to answer. Neko will have to decide for herself if Osamu was the mouse or the cat.

'' So Osamu-san. What can you tell me about your own adventures as a sailor? Of course you don't need to answer if you don't want to, i'm just curious if the strange stories of my childhood and of other mantis sailors are true or not.'' Nagiko smiles as she tries to get interesting information about the domain of Suitengu-no-kami.

Profile|Theme 2!