It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Post subject: Re: Hello boss! (D2 EE CLOSED - Izumi's room)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:58 am 

Well that's not horrifying.

Homura looked at the wrapped mirror, and suppresses a

"Is that why you keep it wrapped? Because if you unwrapped it, it would...well, bring Toshigoku to this room? That and your own strength of will holding it back..."

Kami...

"Can it not be destroyed?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:22 am 

"Unwrapping it would be very unwise " Izumi says as she looks back to Himura. "The effects can be channeled, but..." Her voice trails off as she takes a second sip of sake.

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:29 am 

"I have no intention of unwrapping it, that you can be sure of" Homura nodded "however if it is just the wrapping and your strength of will that is keeping it in check, I believe we need a contingency plan in place. I would assume you keep it close to you so you can keep its destructive power in check? Or to ensure you know of its location."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:12 am 

"Both." A look of annoyance passes across her face. "Should I fall before I finish my task, I have left instructions for the mirror to be delivered to Seppun Chiyo. She is... frustrating... but she knows enough to ensure the mirror is protected, at the very least."

Izumi sighs. "She is a former acolyte."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:29 am 

"Seppun Chiyo" Homura nodded, a slight concern on her features "Forgive me for my questions, I just wanted to better understand the situation. There was a concern about possible infiltration among the Imperial ranks. As we know, the Seppun moved quickly to defend the Steel Chrysanthemum. I trust in any acolyte that Kitsu-dono also trusts though."

There was a pause, and Homura considered her wording before she spoke again.

"This matter is a very serious one, not just for the Lion but for the Empire in general. If the Mirror were to fall into the wrong hands, there is no telling how bad the fallout may be. I also believe that many among our kin here would struggle to accept the burden, should anything happen. I cannot pretend to understand the sheer enormity of the spiritual side of this, but I can tell this weighs heavily on you. For the Lion, and for you, I offer myself and my services, as they are required, to ensure that the mirror never fall into the hands of one who would use it for ill purpose."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 am 

Izumi nods in acknowledgment of the offer. "Before you offer, know that my intended course of action leads only toward death. Those who assist me will likely perish in the attempt, or worse."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:44 am 

"A samurai knows death is around the corner at any point Kitsu-dono. If my death would ensure the Mirror is destroyed or removed from ever becoming a weapon again, it is a sacrifice I would make without hesitation" Homura said with no doubt in her voice "I am willing to do what is needed of me."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:57 am 

"And you are capable enough to face whatever enemies we may encounter along the way?" She regards Homura for a long moment. "Very well. I will send for you when there is enough of a lull in the fighting for us to depart. I would recommend being ready to leave at a moment's notice."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:05 am 

"I will be ready with my blade and a charming smile" Homura said with a nod, a smile appearing as well "may I enquire as to the plan, or is that something to wait until the moment is right?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:16 am 

"Do not speak of it beyond this room." Izumi pauses to let the gravity of the matter sink in. "I intend to close the Toshigoku Portal within Kyuden Asako. I doubt that anyone will survive the process."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:26 am 

"Ah, I see" Homura nodded, understanding the seriousness "every word spoken will not leave this room. This I swear on my Honour. I understand every part of this is extremely secretive."

I won't ask how you even close a portal. That's gonna be magical stuff.

"Once the portal is closed, the spirits will be unable to return I assume?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:48 am 

"There will be other portals, but none as stable or large as this one." She sighs. "There was another portal in Toshi Ranbo, you know. A ronin priest was able to close it on his own some years ago, before it fell into the hands of the Emperor's brother.

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:03 pm 

There goes that hope.

"Impressive. Sometimes it's easy to forget that there are some gems floating in the waves. Did his methods get recorded? If there are many portals, or a risk of others being opened, a method of closing them and keeping them sealed would be useful throughout the Empire."

There was a pause.

"I have a feeling that's already been thought of and I just don't know about it" Homura chuckled "I will have to soak up the vast knowledge on these topics that Kitsu-dono has."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:10 pm 

"If there was a reliable way to close a portal and keep it shut, I doubt that the Crab would have as many problems along our southern border." Izumi takes a deep breath and sighs. "If you will excuse me, Ikoma-san, I believe that I should attempt to get some sleep. I do not know when I might next get the chance."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:24 pm 

Homura lowered her head.

"Of course, I understand Kitsu-dono. My room is not far down the halls from here actually, so if you need anything from me at all in the coming days send me a message. I know your time will be incredibly busy, and there may be things you need doing that you may not have time to attend to, so my service is yours to use as needed."

She gave the woman a smile.

"You can rely on me Kitsu-dono."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:36 pm 

"I hope so." She returns Homura's smile with a faint one of her own. "Have a pleasant night, Ikoma-san."

NPC by Mindshred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:43 pm 

"And you too Kitsu-dono" Homura bowed deeply "enjoy the sake, it should help you get a restful night. Fortunes watch over you."

She moved towards the doorway.

"See you soon."

And once let out, Homura made her /exit