It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post subject: [D2, LM, Kashiwagi's Room] Serpentine Meeting (Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm 

A firm tap came to the frame of Kashiwagi's door as the sun rose properly into the sky. Not that it was obvious from the weather outside. The Saravya shivered on the other side of the door. This was the worst sort of weather.

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM, Kashiwagi's Room] Serpentine Meeting (Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:52 pm 

“If it’s some ardent fan that isn’t a person of worth send them away… what’s that a naga, ah yes I was expecting one of them to come calling send them in,” he said from inside.

Kashiwagi waited inside and assuming the creature did not somehow trip the Ward of Purity then this would be a good start to the day. The interior was spartan as he figured was typical of Lion dwellings, function over aesthetic, which suited the Inquisitor just fine.

“Fetch us tea and something… substantial for the naga, chicken or fish, rice and soup for myself and be quick bout it,” he said gesturing to off-screen servants, to keep the budget low they were not shown and were not even given lines.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:24 pm 

The snake woman soon entered following the permission to do so, coiling almost as soon as she arrived inside. Her full length didn't seem like it would be an easy fit in the room. She bowed once she was all the way in. "It is good to see The Kashiwagi again. I'm glad we're able to meet in more than passing."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:28 pm 

"It is good to see you as well and to know that the Saravya is well," he replied in the Naga tongue.

"How are your people faring during these uncertain times?"

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 pm 

"It's been better and worse. Relations with the Crab have been... tense for a variety of reasons, but things have moved forward. Some of us are settled in Kyuden Kuni now," she replied. "The Shashakar rejoined the Akasha, which has been an... experience. One of the things I wanted to discuss, but we'll get to that soon enough."

"How have you been?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 pm 

"Surviving," he said.

"So the Shashakar has returned to your fold... the Akasha? How has that impacted the Cobra bloodlines? Has his madness truly been cleansed?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 pm 

She thumped the tip of her tail lightly against the tatami in dissatisfaction. "I feel like it's affecting those of his bloodline significantly, but the Cobra do their best to isolate, so it's hard to say," she replied with a frown. "His madness remains, echoing through the Akasha and affecting some of us more than others. The Shakanar hopes it will... filter out, eventually, under the weight of the rest of our soul."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 pm 

"But you are uncertain if that is the case?" he responded.

"It could get worse? I know the depths of his madness better than most."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:25 pm 

"It will either be cleansed over time or it will spread," she replied. "I headed north despite the weather in the hopes that finding a way to push his influence from my own mind may lead to how to push the likelihood farther toward cleansing. There were no good answers among our people. The ones I can talk to, anyway."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:33 pm 

“The Cobra keeping to themselves is not helping. The people… your people will have to adjust to this but it may be possible the truth of things is in the Akasha now, in the maelstrom of madness. As I understand it, the reason for the madness was the isolation of the Shashakar and their soul being reborn outside the Akasha, the well of the Cobra, I presume?” he said in response.

“I spent the better part of eight months researching my condition, sharing my soul with the madness of an alien being tends to do that. I don't have all the secrets but the Cobra might, pity they are isolating themselves. As I said his knowledge in the Akasha now… how to access it, well I have no connection to that so… moot for me.”

He tapped the table and added, “Some of the secrets they may not wish to share.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:39 pm 

"Yes. Inbreeding didn't help, either, I'm sure," she replied honestly. The Shakanar and Hilsilage had learned the human practice of beating around the bush about things, but she hadn't so much yet. Or perhaps didn't care to. "Figures that our problems would be better solved together. That's usually the case. The Tausha's split, while necessary, will also make this more difficult to solve."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 pm 

“Yes inbreeding is… a detriment,” he responded.

“If I can assist and it does not interfere with my duties you have my brilliance to aid you, and I dare say there are few… well none really in the Empire are more qualified than I, I have some rivals but they are rather pedestrian in their understanding of such things,” he said.

“Why do some females of your species have legs and others do not?” he asked since he had her audience.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 am 

"Since we don't talk about our birth parents, the discussion doesn't come up as much as it perhaps should to correct the problem. Oh, well," she commented. When he offered his help, she rose a little onto her tail and bowed to him. "If you can help, I would appreciate it. I think a different perspective might be helpful."

"It's not so much that some have legs and others not as some of us can switch between. As to the why, I'm honestly not sure. I can't think of a time when some of us couldn't gain them. Despite our shared soul we're very variable from one another physically," she replied, tilting her head. "I know that most of us who can switch between our tail and legs discover such as we begin to come into adulthood."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:54 am 

“So it is something intrinsic similar to how some humans can speak to the spirits and others cannot,” he said, considering that information.

“It seems an odd adaptation, does it have benefits over your serpentine half? My understanding of your history is that you were sleeping when our Empire became mighty and strong, a vexing mystery that I have yet to solve.”

“Why do the males lack this adaptation? I have yet to come across any data that says they possess this… abnormality of form. I suppose a better phrase is adaptation but that would imply a certain change in response to external stimulus.”

Now his mind was burning at the possibilities.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:48 am 

"I do have more mobility options when I have legs. Climbing without something to wrap around becomes easier, for instance. That shouldn't be exclusive to a single sex, though," she replied. "The manifestation at puberty and the gender exclusivity would imply that it's a reproductive adaptation of some kind. That's a little confusing, though." She folded her arms where they rested on her tail, looking thoughtful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 am 

"Exactly, do males of your species prefer females that can form legs then?" he asked.

"Sort of like birds that do mating calls or make elaborate dances?"

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:36 am 

"Not that I know of, and one would think that if it were that significant of a preference, there would be a culture component to it. Or it would be an intrinsic understanding through the Akasha." She rubbed a finger across her chin. "And it doesn't seem like it would make laying eggs easier at all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:49 am 

"So basically it is just a mystery for now," he said distastefully.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:19 am 

"... Maybe." She said, crossing her arms and sitting back with a deepening frown. "... It could be not intended to appeal to other Naga. But I don't know why that would be."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:26 am 

"Relations with humans then?" he mused thinking back to the past.

TN 0 to be Recognized.